• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Associate
So I bought the Titan X partly out of frustration (because my EVGA 1080 Hybrid was taking forever) and partly due to impulse (I can't believe I spent £1100 on a GPU!!) but with that said, I'm happy with my purchase.

My very minor gripe is noise. I wanted the hybrid because it'd be super quiet, which is great as my PC is in the living room and I often game without headphones. The Titan X however can 'be heard' (I'm not going to say loud or noisy, because it's not that bad).

This brings me to where I need advice and/or encouragement... I'm considering water cooling but truth be told, I'm a little scared - I've never done a custom loop and to attempt my first with an £1100 card kind of worries me in the event I balls it up.

I'm not an overclocking enthusiast and being honest, my system is totally overkill for what I do with it (but hey, who doesn't like having nice things?) so I could probably get away with the EVGA hybrid kit when they eventually release it (which if their 1080 hybrid card is anything to go by, could be any time this Epoch).What I am enthusiastic about is building my system and making it look great as well as work great - hence why water cooling appeals to me - it'll look good, be super quiet, is something I'm interested in and is another feather to my cap! :p

For you guys already water cooling, how was it the first time you did a loop? How easy is it for a first timer? What advice would you offer? And lastly, if you were me, would you do it? :confused:

Thanks - appreciate any advice.

Z

The hybrid fan on my 980Ti was a little louder than expected too, however I just put a resistor cable between the card and fan which lowers the RPM and its now absolutely silent. Temps max out after a 4 hours gaming session at 60c in the hottest of weather so a bit of an increase but no where near throttle limit and well worth the reduce noise.

Caporegime
Sod it. Just seen Corsair 4 x 8Gb 3400 16-18-18-36 DDR4 red led vegeance on offer for £182.77 inc vat and delivery.

Bugger the ROG premium for nothing IMO.

I think the led ones are nicer looking anyway :p

Soldato
Caporegime

okay then, dominator premium. :p I hadnt checked the normal price of dominators.

I have played around overclocking for years and no way can the dominator/rog memory be worth double the money.

Yes you *might just be able to overclock them slightly more than the vengeance ones but for double the money, no way :p

I might be having a reaction after buying my titan. ;)

Anyway should be a decent step up from my 2677 Hyperx.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm here to ask for someone to lend me £1330, its for a good cause, everyone will get benchmarks results of they're favourite games or benchmarks at request, you will also get weekly updates on how the card is and you can even name him for an extra £10 :) :D

Associate
Damn. So I paid twenty euros extra for fast Dhl shipping and I don't even have a dispatch email yet? :(

I feel ur pain.... I'm in the same boat

Put a ticket in 24hrs ago got a reply saying it been passed on and someone will get back to me:confused:

EK make great stuff but in the 3 times I've contacted them they've never been any good, OCUK they ain't.... :mad:

I'm wondering if it's because I ordered the moment pre orders went up and the price was cheaper and there was only one block offered, then the choices went up (nickel/plexi/acetal etc...) and they bumped all the prices up.... maybe they're stalling on the people who ordered at the cheaper price.

Associate
I ordered mine on the 4th August if that sheds any light on what's happening.

it's in transmit, but not showing as out for delivery today (yet)

Back
Top Bottom