• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
even then 4 titans is only 2.5 better than a single titan on gfx scores.

dual titans are what? 805 better so those last two titans have only added 38%.

You do understand the relationship between resolutions and bottlenecking in benching ?

Go and compare this 4 way result for Firestrike Ultra graphics score with my 2 way result in the bench thread.

Score 23160

Titan X (Pascal)(4x) @2025/2740

6950X @4.4

Graphics Score 27215

Physics Score 27054

Combined Score 9927

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9793670

I would say the scaling is spot on going from 2 to 4 cards. The only important difference is the 4 way result is not using a HB SLI bridge lol.

Man of Honour
OP
i do understand but still disappointed :p

Some Firestrike Ultra results to demonstrate.

Below are the best 1, 2 and 4 card scores on the Firestrike ultra bench. Compare the graphics scores.

I would say the scaling is exceptional and don't forget the 4 way one is using a standard SLI bridge.

[*]Score 7834, GPU TitanP @2088/2784, GFX Score 7745, Physics Score 21696, Combined Score 4185, CPU 5960X @4.6, spiralz - Link Drivers 369.05

[*]Score 14159, GPU TitanP @2050/2740, GFX Score 14458, Physics Score 27394, Combined Score 7533, CPU 6950X @4.4, Kaapstad - Link Drivers 369.05

[*]Score 23160, GPU TitanP @2025/2740, GFX Score 27215, Physics Score 27054, Combined Score 9927, CPU 6950X @4.4, Kaapstad - Link Drivers 372.54

Man of Honour
OP
Caporegime
Close to 10k?

Mine goes beyond . . .

Score - 10502
GFX - 10455
CPU - 10778

Depends on the cpu obviously, more cores and higher clocks will result in a higher score compared to a lower clocked 4 core cpu. Especially when 3d mark is concerned, in most games however it doesn't really make much difference.

Caporegime
Seeing as you have the Strix mobo you should get this :D

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £218.69
(includes shipping: £8.70)

Nice looking but ouch on the price :( How come ocuk is so uncompetitive on memory all of a sudden?

And will these offer anything extra apart from colour on my x99 board? I can only find reference on these memory to Z170 boards?

And for less than that money I can get 32Gb of the corsair vengence 3200 with led lights??????

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...00mhz-dual-channel-kit-red-led-my-48i-cs.html

is this memory seriously worth double? Same timings as well.

Last edited:
Associate
Need a little advice...

So I bought the Titan X partly out of frustration (because my EVGA 1080 Hybrid was taking forever) and partly due to impulse (I can't believe I spent £1100 on a GPU!!) but with that said, I'm happy with my purchase.

My very minor gripe is noise. I wanted the hybrid because it'd be super quiet, which is great as my PC is in the living room and I often game without headphones. The Titan X however can 'be heard' (I'm not going to say loud or noisy, because it's not that bad).

This brings me to where I need advice and/or encouragement... I'm considering water cooling but truth be told, I'm a little scared - I've never done a custom loop and to attempt my first with an £1100 card kind of worries me in the event I balls it up.

I'm not an overclocking enthusiast and being honest, my system is totally overkill for what I do with it (but hey, who doesn't like having nice things?) so I could probably get away with the EVGA hybrid kit when they eventually release it (which if their 1080 hybrid card is anything to go by, could be any time this Epoch).What I am enthusiastic about is building my system and making it look great as well as work great - hence why water cooling appeals to me - it'll look good, be super quiet, is something I'm interested in and is another feather to my cap! :p

For you guys already water cooling, how was it the first time you did a loop? How easy is it for a first timer? What advice would you offer? And lastly, if you were me, would you do it? :confused:

Thanks - appreciate any advice.

Z

Associate
This brings me to where I need advice and/or encouragement... I'm considering water cooling but truth be told, I'm a little scared - I've never done a custom loop and to attempt my first with an £1100 card kind of worries me in the event I balls it up.

I'm doing it for the first time with the Titan X and i7 6700K, and delidding my CPU in the process - times are scary :D

Associate
I went feet first and went crazy on a dual loop cooling everything including the ram! I had a right game with leaks due to replacing the pump back plates with chrome ones which I'm convinced were defective (never do this!!!).

All in all, its not actually that scary and the graphics card blocks are pretty straight forward and come with decent instructions but you need to have some confidence in stripping and assembling electronics.

I could talk to you all day about WC - prolly best done on the WC section!

I'm looking at a titan x (hence why I'm here) and from what I read, they will really benefit being on water so you should see some real performance increases.

Associate
Damn, that's why I came here - does anyone know when OCUK will stock the titan?

Is there any advantages on buying the titan stock or wait for a SC version, bearing in mind I will be overclocking either way to hopefully 2ghz

Associate
Damn, that's why I came here - does anyone know when OCUK will stock the titan?

Is there any advantages on buying the titan stock or wait for a SC version, bearing in mind I will be overclocking either way to hopefully 2ghz

You can only purchase it through Nvidia, there is nothing to suggest anyone else will be able to stock and sell the Titan X

Soldato
Nice looking but ouch on the price :( How come ocuk is so uncompetitive on memory all of a sudden?

And will these offer anything extra apart from colour on my x99 board? I can only find reference on these memory to Z170 boards?

And for less than that money I can get 32Gb of the corsair vengence 3200 with led lights??????

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...00mhz-dual-channel-kit-red-led-my-48i-cs.html

is this memory seriously worth double? Same timings as well.

The Ram u linked is Dual channel so isn't compatible.

Timings tighten down nicely on the ROG kit .:D

bru

bru

Soldato
The Ram u linked is Dual channel so isn't compatible.

Timings tighten down nicely on the ROG kit .:D

I think what he is getting at is why spend so much on 16GB when you can get 32 for the same price.

For example, tighter timings as well.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £199.99
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Also on a side note, saying that a dual channel kit isn't compatible, isn't really correct, it might not be optimal, but it would work just fine.;)

Anyway this is the TitanX owners thread, so apologies for tacking it off on a tangent. :)

Back
Top Bottom