• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Associate
It will be noisy anyway :eek:

That's not so much of a problem, I'm not watercooling to have a silent system - i'm doing it because there's not a lot of airflow around the graphics card with no where to mount case fans.

I can only overclock it with the side of the case off, well when I had the 980ti anyway.

And besides it'll be fun :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You mean you're only cooling the Titan X on the rad? If so, they you should be OK. It'll be unbearably loud though.

If you mean the whole rig... :(

Associate
You mean you're only cooling the Titan X on the rad? If so, they you should be OK. It'll be unbearably loud though.

If you mean the whole rig... :(

Mobo Block + GPU Block..

I've seen builds with gpu and cpu on a 120, and 240 - i don't think it's doomed to fail

Vore

V

Vore

Could that not just be excessive? I'd be happy if I could get GPU and CPU to run at 70 degrees under-load watercooled.

It is more than I need, another reference point is I run a single loop on my other rig with 1x360 and 1x240, that is a 4770k and SLI 980ti's, (all overclocked) and that runs around 50ish depending on what I am doing/ambient temp.

Associate
Could that not just be excessive? I'd be happy if I could get GPU and CPU to run at 70 degrees under-load watercooled.

My tiny HTPC Has 1x 240 (slim aplhacool xflow) and 2x 12mm slim fans on its gtx 1080

It's maxed on OC and power and runs at 50 - 52 c after hours of gaming

The cpu is a 5820k @4.4 which is cooled by a little cooler master seidon 120v2

That runs at about 65 to 70 c when gaming

Separating the GPU from the CPU worked a treat as before I had a Titan X (m) in there all in the one loop with an extra 120 rad it did cool ok but as others have said the fans were loud enough to annoy me, still quieter though.

But if I'd had it on 1x 240 it would have been a bridge to far I think.

So maybe try a little AIO just for the cpu?

Caporegime
Agree with this, I run dual loops, 2x240 for Titan X and a 1x360 for the 6950X.

thing is with a high fpi rad like his and 3000 high pressure fans his 240 rad will probably dissipate as much heat as your complete loop.

Potentially depending on exact fan and rad choice he is looking at 300 to 400W of heat per 10c water delta so not bad.

if hes happy with 20C water delta then he will have 600 to 800W of heat capacity which should be more than enough for an overclocked cpu and titan.

Okay they wont be running as cool as normal people's loops so his titan max temp might end up being in the 60s rather than the 50s etc.

Some people go for excess rads and quiet fans, other people dont.

In theory with my new build my fans should never go above 800 rpm even when gaming due to the excess of rads. Similar build buy im using a 420, 360, 280 and 240 rad for a cpu and a titan.

Horses for courses.

Last edited:
Associate
thing is with a high fpi rad like his and 3000 high pressure fans his 240 rad will probably dissipate as much heat as your complete loop.

Potentially depending on exact fan and rad choice he is looking at 300 to 400W of heat per 10c water delta so not bad.

if hes happy with 20C water delta then he will have 600 to 800W of heat capacity which should be more than enough for an overclocked cpu and titan.

Okay they wont be running as cool as normal people's loops so his titan max temp might end up being in the 60s rather than the 50s etc.

Some people go for excess rads and quiet fans, other people dont.

In theory with my new build my fans should never go above 800 rpm even when gaming due to the excess of rads. Similar build buy im using a 420, 360, 280 and 240 rad for a cpu and a titan.

Horses for courses.

Thank you :) I get so many naysayers..

Koolance HX-CU720V (imported to UK just to get 30 FPI) and 2 x Noctua NF-F12

6700K delids have been known to decrease CPU by 10-20 degree C too.

Vore

V

Vore

Thank you :) I get so many naysayers..

Koolance HX-CU720V (imported to UK just to get 30 FPI) and 2 x Noctua NF-F12

6700K delids have been known to decrease CPU by 10-20 degree C too.

Not a naysayer, just giving an opinion, best of luck with the build, post some thermal statistics under load when done I am eager to see the results.

Soldato

That's why I have a Alphacool 480mm Monsta (80mm thick) + Alphacool 420mm (60mm thick).

Excellent temps and my fans run at max 800rpm controlled with a T-delta with my Aquaero 6 pro.

Love it!

;)

Caporegime
That's why I have a Alphacool 480mm Monsta (80mm thick) + Alphacool 420mm (60mm thick).

Excellent temps and my fans run at max 800rpm controlled with a T-delta with my Aquaero 6 pro.

Love it!

;)

Would be interested in seeing how you have your graph set up please. Ive got a Aquaero 6 xt.

Got to figure out best way to control 18 fans now

Soldato
Would be interested in seeing how you have your graph set up please. Ive got a Aquaero 6 xt.

Got to figure out best way to control 18 fans now

On my iPad at the moment so can't show much ATM.

I make a T-delta with the air temp coming in/temp of the water.

Then make a curve to suit.

Also good to cap your fan speed as well to something sensible. All my fans are Noctua PWM industrial 120mm/140mm (16 fans) and go down to 300rpm or thereabouts and run at a max of 50% power which equals to 1000rpm.

I tend to just have my fans spin up past a certain T-delta range. So only when I'm gaming where cpu+gpu is being used the water really warms up. CPU alone there's enough cooling power in my rads the fan speed hardly moves if at all.

Does take a while to find your sweet spot, I've spent hours and hours fine tuning cooling power vs noise. It can become quite an obsession! Lol

I will say there's no substitute for enough rad space though. Overkill is always a good thing if you value a very quiet system (and I definitely do!) :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom