• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Permabanned
Anyone have any blocks on yet? What's the sort of general performance over 1080 at same clocks?

Currently have my TXP at home as couldn't cancel it in time. But contemplating keeping it/sending it back. With current block availability I'll be waiting until next month for back plates anyway and the second card. Don't mind waiting though.

TXP is about 25-40% faster clock-for-clock than 1080 depending on the scenario.

Associate
You can add one later, it's relatively easy to add one in the case... although you may need to find something to support the block or have the case on its side while you do it.

You just need to take a number of screws off the back of the card connecting the main block, stick the backplate in place and screw it on.

I'm doing something similar... although I'm sure I've read that someone has managed to get the stock TPX backplate to work with the EK waterblock as long as you use the Nvidia screws or something... so I think I might try that.

Just got notification of shipment of my two waterblocks :)

thanks!

Caporegime

I'm doing something similar... although I'm sure I've read that someone has managed to get the stock TPX backplate to work with the EK waterblock as long as you use the Nvidia screws or something... so I think I might try that.

:)

Yep ive read this too that the nvidia backplate fits so long as you use the Nvidia screws. Will do until my ekwb one arrives.

Soldato
Aqua Computer does the job properly.

Active backplate:

Looking forward to mine arriving. :D

Won't make too much difference. Does look nice though.

True you have nice backplate cooling. But then you also have added restriction throughout the block.

EK Backplate only gets to 40-50c with the rest of the card under water anyway. Same as the core temps.

Soldato

Gamers nexus currently doing a hybrid TX like they did with their 1080. So I'd expect part 3. Which will be testing under water within a few hours. Watching keen myself to see if it makes any difference.

Caporegime

Gamers nexus currently doing a hybrid TX like they did with their 1080. So I'd expect part 3. Which will be testing under water within a few hours. Watching keen myself to see if it makes any difference.

Some headcase from the uk actually loaned them the titan x to do this :eek: 55 secs in.

Associate
I watched the video at 1 pm today and thoght i would have a go. 1st time I have ever stripped a gpu down. Took me about 45 mins to stripped it the rebuild after.I used the 1080 evga hybrid cooler.

I have 195+ on the core 400 on the mem giving me any where from 1970-2050 hz and it hits 51 degrees after playing ROTTR for 2 hrs in a room that is 19 degrees!. I aint been that nerves/exceited in ages!

I seem to be hitting 100% TDP according to GPU-z. Hope we can get a bios unlock to get that voltage raised soon !

Permabanned
Yep ive read this too that the nvidia backplate fits so long as you use the Nvidia screws. Will do until my ekwb one arrives.

I haven't ordered the EK backplate yet... I'm going to see what it looks like with the stock one before ordering that or not. I quite like the look of the standard one... the only reason to change for me would be to get the nickel or white backplate to go with the system colour scheme... but I might be happy with the standard black one.

Well one good thing about paying for dhl express service, mine got picked up this afternoon and is on track for delivery here tomorrow morning :)

Same here - got shipping notification this afternoon and text from DHL to say it will arrive tomorrow.

My OcUK order shipped today too - also on DHL express... but usually from the UK it takes 2 days.

No big deal as two of my radiators are coming by UPS and they won't arrive til Monday.

DHL can be really good when they go smoothly... when you have a problem though things can be really slow.

Even stock orders from China have been arriving in 48-72 hours for the same price service as UPS who would take a week to deliver it.

Soldato
EK Backplate only gets to 40-50c with the rest of the card under water anyway. Same as the core temps.

You sure about that?

Different card I know but my 980Ti EK backplate got red hot, hot enough it was uncomfortable to touch. Definitely hotter than 40c more like double that easy!

The core was about 45c.

Can't say I share your confidence with this one. . .

Soldato
You sure about that?

Different card I know but my 980Ti EK backplate got red hot, hot enough it was uncomfortable to touch. Definitely hotter than 40c more like double that easy!

The core was about 45c.

Can't say I share your confidence with this one. . .

Yeah measured with Thermal gun on it at about 45c (hottest part) where the VRMS were. It feels hotter than it actually is as the vast vast majority is cooled by the block.

My MSI 980Ti's were 90c on air. Couldn't even touch them for a split second.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah measured with Thermal gun on it at about 45c (hottest part) where the VRMS were. It feels hotter than it actually is as the vast vast majority is cooled by the block.

My MSI 980Ti's were 90c on air. Couldn't even touch them for a split second.

I think your thermal gun is broken! :p

Won't make too much difference. Does look nice though.

True you have nice backplate cooling. But then you also have added restriction throughout the block.

I've got plenty of pump power and I reckon it will add about a gnats **** of extra restriction.

But my VRM's will be much cooler than yours.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think your thermal gun is broken! :p

I've got plenty of pump power and I reckon it will add about a gnats **** of restriction.

But my VRM's will be much cooler than yours.

Which won't make any difference unless under LN2 :p

But no I usually see the backplate the exact same or very similar to core temp. I'll even check my 1080's again later. Have 2 guns around the house and both show the same temp.

Like I said the vast majority of VRM heat is going through the waterblock. There is some residue heat but on water it's not usually much.

Soldato
Which won't make any difference unless under LN2 :p

But no I usually see the backplate the exact same or very similar to core temp. I'll even check my 1080's again later. Have 2 guns around the house and both show the same temp.

Like I said the vast majority of VRM heat is going through the waterblock. There is some residue heat but on water it's not usually much.

I smell BS . . .

Soldato
I smell BS . . .

EK backplate is more for aesthetics. Most will hinder temps. Always find it better to either use active airflow or not bother. A full cover block is sufficient for VRM cooling. The Titan X is like all other reference designs since 780Ti, in that the board supplied by Flextronics limits voltage at resistor level to 1.25v. You're not able to push it enough to test tolerances, and performance should be relatively unaffected.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom