• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Soldato
crinkleshoes got it right. I used the alphacool pads.

I bought some 14W and 11W ones. The price premium of £89 for the 17W ones was too much to swallow.

Cheers chaps, £90 for pads is pretty crazy yeah, but then again so is the price of the Titan ;)

Which chips did you use the lower rated pads for?

Caporegime
i bought the more expensive 14W in the 0.5mm thickness and 11W in the 1mm thickness to balance costs out.

Cant remember which goes on where but I think the 14W is on my memory chips and the 11W on my vrms. Figured it will be far superior to the 4W or less you get free. Also used the same stuff on the rear plate as well.

BTW noticed that gpu-z and afterburner doesnt show my vrm temps? is that normal? and is there anything which would show it?

Permabanned
When was this card released? Aint been around for months, how come there not available and how much are they? The usual 899 price?
Anybody got these on custom water yet?

Last edited:
Caporegime
2088mhz is still nice imo. You are hardly going to notice between 2088 - 2150 other than in benchmarks.

True. its only 2.9% so probably only 1.5% in framerates.

the constant 2088 is very nice and makes the Titan fly along.

Spent last night becnmarking it, tonight I am finally starting Witcher 3 which I had been saving until I got this card up and running :D

Associate
I would if I were you. I have 2 in SLI and the noise is starting to get on my nerves. No way can I afford to water cool them, but I am looking at using a hybrid cooler. EVGA is taking their time at making one. Could use a 1080 one but I don't feel that confident messing around like that.

Permabanned
I would rather go custom loop than 2x hybrid for an SLI setup especially... it would possibly be a pain to mount 2x 120mm hybrids depending on your case.

£75 for a pump and res... £75 for a decent radiator & £170 for a pair of GPU blocks.

Not a massive amount more than 2x hybrid coolers... unless you already have the hybrids ready to use.

Associate
I've never watercooled, but the prices you just put don't sound too bad. I have the new Corsair 740 air case, so 2 hybrids would fit. I will have a look around and see about watercooling though. Could you recommend some stuff?
Cheers.

Permabanned
I've never watercooled, but the prices you just put don't sound too bad. I have the new Corsair 740 air case, so 2 hybrids would fit. I will have a look around and see about watercooling though. Could you recommend some stuff?
Cheers.

I highly recommend the "Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTX" radiators... they have an exceptional cooling performance... but other brands like EK, XPSC and more are also good.

EK make good quality compression fittings. You can also get a good D5/Reservoir combo from them as well as fittings and tubing... so you could just buy everything from EK (or OcUK)... they also do good quality GPU and CPU waterblocks. The only thing I would recommend from anyone other than EK is the black ice radiator I just mentioned.

Depending on how in-depth you wanted to go... a cpu block is only another £50-60 quid to add that to the loop. Depending on what cooler you have for your CPU at the moment, that might reduce the noise of your PC noticeably.

My current setup... 6950X at 4.4GHz and 2x Titan X Pascal at 2000/10000 which are my 24/7 overclocks... I am able to keep all fans and pump running at 20-25% speed which makes the system very quiet... even under full load they don't need to spin up and keep acceptable temperatures. Increasing the fan speed only lowers the temperatures... but that's only necessary when operating the 6950X at 4.5GHz which really dumps a LOT of heat into the system. Any 4 or 6 core CPU doesn't dump as much.

Watercool is such a pain

Depends... hard tubing can be a little more awkward... but soft tubing is really easy to put together and maintain.

Associate
I'm using a corsair h115i, for a 6850k. At 4.4Ghz, temps seem to be around the 40s to mid 50s during games. I am surpised how quiet it is compared to the h100i I used to use on a different build. To water cool the gpus, I need to keep it to around 300 quid. It's a new build and I don't really want to spend anymore on it.
Thanks for the recommendations.
Can you still use the HB bridge with waterblocks?

Soldato
I'm using a corsair h115i, for a 6850k. At 4.4Ghz, temps seem to be around the 40s to mid 50s during games. I am surpised how quiet it is compared to the h100i I used to use on a different build. To water cool the gpus, I need to keep it to around 300 quid. It's a new build and I don't really want to spend anymore on it.
Thanks for the recommendations.
Can you still use the HB bridge with waterblocks?

Yea certainly. They accommodate the use of SLI so they leave space for bridges.

Doing a loop for the GPUs would be miles better than AIO cooling the GPUs but it is more time consuming and can be a pain if you ever need to remove a GPU or maintain your system. A custom loop looks a lot cleaner usually aswell. But with that budget you should be able to do that just about.

Back
Top Bottom