• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Soldato
Would I be crazy going for a 7900XT? Price seems decent currently, 1080Ti getting a bit dated, especially to drive an OLED above 60hz.
7900xt is awesome, but it’s a Crappy deal in terms of for 100 more you get like 30% extra perf

So it’s not a good deal in terms the stack but for you a massive upgrade

Might be diff now so worth comparing cut vs xrx

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't make my mind up on a replacement monitor. Still running a Dell S2716DG at the moment, which only has G-Sync so no use for my new card either. I wouldn't mind a bigger monitor, but that also means stepping into either ultrawide or 4K. Then it starts getting pretty expensive.

I may end up getting another 27" 1440p 144Hz monitor but with Freesync as a stop-gap. Then find a better monitor further down the line. I have a 65" 4K TV attached to my PC also, mainly for Flightsim.

Associate
I can't make my mind up on a replacement monitor. Still running a Dell S2716DG at the moment, which only has G-Sync so no use for my new card either. I wouldn't mind a bigger monitor, but that also means stepping into either ultrawide or 4K. Then it starts getting pretty expensive.

I may end up getting another 27" 1440p 144Hz monitor but with Freesync as a stop-gap. Then find a better monitor further down the line. I have a 65" 4K TV attached to my PC also, mainly for Flightsim.
looking at the spec of your monitor it says it has a native refresh of 144. I’d give it go. Set your maximum refresh in Radeon chill to 143 and off you go.

Soldato
@LtMatt & maybe others what is the hotspot thottle limit for 7900xtx, seeming to see very conflicting reports of "safe"

If your using a aircooled card i would say around 80-100c on the hotspot is where you want to be, aib's will run cooler though, if you dabble in watercooling the hotspot is stupid low, i should know my WC 7900xtx MBA, peaks around 45 core and 59/65 hotspot in gaming load at 4k. if any 7900 series card goes past 100c upto 115c then you need to look at a repaste, if your not confident and you still have warranty on the card contact the support channels to arrange a RMA.

Soldato
If your using a aircooled card i would say around 80-100c on the hotspot is where you want to be, aib's will run cooler though, if you dabble in watercooling the hotspot is stupid low, i should know my WC 7900xtx MBA, peaks around 45 core and 59/65 hotspot in gaming load at 4k. if any 7900 series card goes past 100c upto 115c then you need to look at a repaste, if your not confident and you still have warranty on the card contact the support channels to arrange a RMA.

What rads are you running in your system?

Back
Top Bottom