• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

So are they in stock then?.:confused:
OCUK has Nitro cards in stock atm, Gibbo did mention in a reply yesterday or Monday that another shipment from HK arrived.

Nitro is a good card over MBA. I do like the MBA card's design but the heat and fan noise are just too much for me.

I really like the Nitro too, it was my number-one choice and would have kept it if I didn't get the Aorus.

So I'm having the oddest problem with my 7900 XT.
Yesterday neither screen was turning on, both in standby mode but the PC was booting into Windows.
Today, 1 screen came on but the other stayed in standby.
They're both connected via HDMI so I switched the cables over and still only 1 screen would come on. Now I've used both screen with another PC so I know the screens both work and if I boot into safe mode it uses the screen that was staying in standby mode (but it worked in safe mode). So both screen work and ports work on both the card and the monitor.
I re-installed the drivers, no change.
I tried going into Display Settings and selecting "Extend these displays" but it gave an error. It was set to "Show only on 2", so I set it to "Show only on 1" and after a few seconds it switched the display to the other monitor, but now I can't get the other monitor to display.
All this time AMD Control panel is only showing 1 display.

I ended up connecting 1 of the screens via DisplayPort and was then able to get both screens working (although who knows how long that will last).
But I specifically bought the Pulse as it had 2 HDMI ports. Why can't I use both HDMI ports?

I can't remember the last AMD card I had that didn't give me issues!
7900 XT, issues.
Vega 64 LC, issues.
Vega 56, issues.
Fury X, issues.

If I had an XTX Reference I'd send it back anyhow, get an AiB just to be 100%.
I called OcUK to request a return & refund of my MBA XTX yesterday and I was told I couldn't unless there was a physical problem/issue with the card. As my junction temps appear to be rock solid (i've tried everything I can to get it to overheat and the damn thing just won't do it), I can't really say its faulty.

Does this mean I have to live with it?

I called OcUK to request a return & refund of my MBA XTX yesterday and I was told I couldn't unless there was a physical problem/issue with the card. As my junction temps appear to be rock solid (i've tried everything I can to get it to overheat and the damn thing just won't do it), I can't really say its faulty.

If it’s outside of the 14 day period and it’s not broken then it’s pretty understandable why you can’t return it to be fair.

Yesterday neither screen was turning on, both in standby mode but the PC was booting into Windows.
They're both connected via HDMI so I switched the cables over and still only 1 screen would come on. Now I've used both screen with another PC so I know the screens both work and if I boot into safe mode it uses the screen that was staying in standby mode (but it worked in safe mode). So both screen work and ports work on both the card and the monitor.
I tried going into Display Settings and selecting "Extend these displays" but it gave an error. It was set to "Show only on 2", so I set it to "Show only on 1" and after a few seconds it switched the display to the other monitor, but now I can't get the other monitor to display.

I ended up connecting 1 of the screens via DisplayPort and was then able to get both screens working (although who knows how long that will last).
But I specifically bought the Pulse as it had 2 HDMI ports. Why can't I use both HDMI ports?

7900 XT, issues.
Vega 64 LC, issues.
Vega 56, issues.
Fury X, issues.
And you bought another one? :p
He's gluten for punishment. :cry:

Jokes aside, I Just tested two HDMI displays (1x 4K120HZ OLED and 1x 1920/1080 120HZ display) and both are detected and displaying without any issues on my Nitro XTX, so the Pulse should be fine too.
ZvtSbK7.png
rZLeN6K.png

Not sure what is going on with your setup, but here's what I'd try:
  1. Run DDU make sure remove present monitors is checked.
    MOilmUs.png
  2. When the system is restarting after running DDU to remove the AMD driver, disconnect the secondary display so only your main display is connected.
  3. Install the latest driver, restart.
  4. Setup your first display, enable FreeSync/VRR and change your pixel format/colour depth settings via the display tab of AMD Software. Change your refresh rate to the maximum via Window Display Properties for the primary display.
  5. Now connect your secondary display and repeat step 4 for that display.
  6. Hopefully that sorts it out. :)

Last edited:

If its within 14 days your should be able to return is regardless. Why do you want to return it? If its working fine and no hot spot issues then I'd be happy with it. AIB cards are nice and all but don't seen to be worth the cost for a few percent performance increase.

If you don’t have the temperature issue you’re ok and probably won’t need to return it. If say, further down the line you suddenly get the issue you would have a strong case to suggest it was sold to you that way and should be able to have a refund or replacement.

If its within 14 days your should be able to return is regardless. Why do you want to return it? If its working fine and no hot spot issues then I'd be happy with it. AIB cards are nice and all but don't seen to be worth the cost for a few percent performance increase.
You are right. I just prefer the look of the Nitro+ and seeing as there is plenty of headroom with this silicon to push it harder if there's adequate power, that was my main reason. Plus, I intend to WC it at some point, but the only MBA waterblock available at the moment is the EK and I really dislike the look of it. Alphacool have a Nitro block coming soon, which I prefer the look and price of. Plus, under WC, I would imagine the Nitro would be able to clock even further.

The MBA card would be silent, but wouldn't really be able to gain anything as far as overclocking, due to the power limitation.

But ultimately, yes, increase in performance is usually pretty negligible and not always guaranteed, but some have seen circa 10-20% improvement and I just wanted to pursue that. I may just wait for the inevitable 7950XTX to come out and get an AIB model of that. :D

7900 XT, issues.
Vega 64 LC, issues.
Vega 56, issues.
Fury X, issues.
Have you installed the correct monitor driver to windows ?. Are these quality HDMI cables and not free ones?. I have had no end of problems with crap HDMI cables not being able to work at higher resolutions and refresh rates.

You are right. I just prefer the look of the Nitro+ and seeing as there is plenty of headroom with this silicon to push it harder if there's adequate power, that was my main reason. Plus, I intend to WC it at some point, but the only MBA waterblock available at the moment is the EK and I really dislike the look of it. Alphacool have a Nitro block coming soon, which I prefer the look and price of. Plus, under WC, I would imagine the Nitro would be able to clock even further.

The MBA card would be silent, but wouldn't really be able to gain anything as far as overclocking, due to the power limitation.

But ultimately, yes, increase in performance is usually pretty negligible and not always guaranteed, but some have seen circa 10-20% improvement and I just wanted to pursue that. I may just wait for the inevitable 7950XTX to come out and get an AIB model of that. :D
Yeah I get all that. I'd be water cooling whatever card I get next also. £250 is a lot of money for what seems to be like 10% increase at most from what I have seen. The fact that I water cool makes the AIB cards less appealing to me if I'm honest. Yeah they might OC a little further but a lot of the extra your paying is going into the cooling which is just going to sit in the box.

I remember the days when £250 got you a decent gpu :(:p

@wookiee87 and @robster - what is the coil whine like on your Red Devil? I had mine delivered to a friend to check out against his 4090 so he can see if wants to switch (cod player) and he said there was a fair bit of coil whine. Has yours subsided over time or is it just pot luck?

Yeah I get all that. I'd be water cooling whatever card I get next also. £250 is a lot of money for what seems to be like 10% increase at most from what I have seen. The fact that I water cool makes the AIB cards less appealing to me if I'm honest. Yeah they might OC a little further but a lot of the extra your paying is going into the cooling which is just going to sit in the box.

I remember the days when £250 got you a decent gpu :(:p
Indeed. I still have the receipt for my ATI 9700 Pro I bought from Ocuk on release day (which was a top tier card at the time), back in 2003. Only £276 including VAT + shipping!

@wookiee87 and @robster - what is the coil whine like on your Red Devil? I had mine delivered to a friend to check out against his 4090 so he can see if wants to switch (cod player) and he said there was a fair bit of coil whine. Has yours subsided over time or is it just pot luck?
It's pot luck on every GPU sadly. I've had 4x 4090s and they all whined. The Nitro XTX has the least of them all, but it still has some. As does every high end GPU.

Back
Top Bottom