• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Soldato
Make sure you enable Rebar in your new MB bios for best performance in most games.

If you don't know how:
Power on the system and press <delete> key to enter BIOS [EZ Mode]
Click Resize BAR icon and set to [On]
Press <F10> key and click <OK> , the system will auto reboot

resize_bar.JPEG
Thanks that's useful. Do I do that before or after I install windows 11 along with all the driver updates and AMD graphic drivers, or do I do it straightaway?

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks that's useful. Do I do that before or after I install windows 11 along with all the driver updates and AMD graphic drivers, or do I do it straightaway?
I'd do it after - just to make sure nothing gets reset with any chipset driver or W11 installs.
Either, shouldn't make a difference, after you install the full AMD driver package including Adrenaline, to make sure you have it enabled, navigate to here and confirm SAM's enabled(Smart Access Memory is AMD's naming for Rebar), provided you have enabled Rebar in MB, AMD driver will default enable SAM:

AMD_SAM.png

Soldato
Either, shouldn't make a difference, after you install the full AMD driver package including Adrenaline, to make sure you have it enabled, navigate to here and confirm SAM's enabled(Smart Access Memory is AMD's naming for Rebar), provided you have enabled Rebar in MB, AMD driver will default enable SAM:

AMD_SAM.png
Thanks thommyhomo I'm new to amd so all these tips are helpful. My order comes tomorrow can't wait.

Last edited:
Soldato
As above, I’ve just installed a 7900xt yesterday. I’ve been pc gaming & building my own systems for over 20 years but this is the first full on high tier GPU I’ve bought.

I’m absolutely blown away by how good it is! Compared to the 5700xt which has been screaming away next to my head the 7900xt can run everything on 1440p Ultra high and barely seems to break a sweat!

I’m very impressed. It’s easy to get carried away reading reviews and views online and think that these cards aren’t incredible in what they can do and the volumes / temps they can do it.
Still happy with the card, how you getting on with it.

Soldato
Thanks for advice on rebar. I've built my pc and everything has been installed.
Is there anything I should know like how hot the 7900xtx can get or what to watch out for. Also is there something I should do differently with an Intel system?

Soldato
I also see a GPU 1 and GPU 2 in the task manager. 1 is a discreet and the other is my GPU, is that something I need to make sure is running over the other?

Soldato
Just got the Sapphire pulse 7900 XT and she's a big girl. So big that she needs a supporting bracket apparently, reminds me on an ex of mine. Problem is my case thumbscrews are not long enough for the supporting bracket which is pretty thick plus the card plus the case!

Anyone else have this issue? Any workaround or do I just have to get longer case screws? Cheers!

Associate
Just got the Sapphire pulse 7900 XT and she's a big girl. So big that she needs a supporting bracket apparently, reminds me on an ex of mine. Problem is my case thumbscrews are not long enough for the supporting bracket which is pretty thick plus the card plus the case!

Anyone else have this issue? Any workaround or do I just have to get longer case screws? Cheers!
I had to use the misses tweezers. :p

Associate

Yeah, same as @ade64. Don't use the case screws, use the ones you get with the 7900XT.

Soldato
well mine had a bag of screws in the box with the pulse so i used them as the thumbscrews where not long enough.
Checked the box again and still couldn't see them, picked up the empty box and shook it and the tiny packet with three screws fell out! Perfect, thanks a mill for that, I thought I was going to have to go to a hardware shop. Cheers.

Associate
Anyone got a 7900 xtx mounted vertically in an O11 mini? Specifically the nitro?

It fits normally, but imo would be aesthetically pleasing to mount it vertically. I wonder about temps though as it would be close to the glass.

Cheers

Associate
Anyone got a 7900 xtx mounted vertically in an O11 mini? Specifically the nitro?

It fits normally, but imo would be aesthetically pleasing to mount it vertically. I wonder about temps though as it would be close to the glass.

Cheers
Good luck the nitro can pull quite a bit of power 430w so it will need to get rid of that heat quickly. Let us know how you get on.

Associate
Good luck the nitro can pull quite a bit of power 430w so it will need to get rid of that heat quickly. Let us know how you get on.
It does OK in the case horizontally. Trying to decide which is better, vertical mount in the mini or bite the bullet and get an O11 Evo for the extra space.

Associate
It does OK in the case horizontally. Trying to decide which is better, vertical mount in the mini or bite the bullet and get an O11 Evo for the extra space.
From the pictures I've seen of the mini with a vertical GPU, it looks mega close to the side panel - but if you can try it first and see how it goes I reckon that's worth a punt before buying the Evo.

Back
Top Bottom