The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Problem is Dundee have been stained with going into administration twice so would it make much difference replacing Rangers with them? On the plus side it would mean the return of Dundee derbys.

With that news about the season ticket money I think we can safely say fans will refuse to renew until the whole mess is sorted, though they were probably doing that anyway.

Dundee didn't liquidate though, and have taken their medicine so to speak, Rangers so far have still not had a meaningful punishment, only a ten point deduction, that's it

Soldato
Any team found out should be punished, seems though Celtic only used it as a payoff and not as part of actual pay and no one else used them.

I can see Rangers getting suspended for a year and then into a newly revamped league structure .

But the SFA isn't talking about EBT here it's just talking about non-contractual payments.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/...sk-clubs-to-declare-non-contractual-payments/

Should Rangers get suspended for 1 year then so should any other club found guilty however I doubt we'll see any chairmen tying the noose around their own necks regarding this.

Soldato
confirmed that Aberdeen, have yet to make a decision contrary to press reports

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120622/club-statement_2212158_2819262

AFC chairman, Stewart Milne, said: "Contrary to reports, AFC has still to reach a final decision regarding the 4th July vote on the Rangers newco. This is a critical decision which will have major implications for all clubs and the future of Scottish football. The views of our fans and the issue of sporting integrity will clearly be a major influencing factor in our decision-making.
"There is a great deal of speculation about the future of the game in Scotland flying around at present however I can categorically state that any rumours regarding AFC's financial position are ill-founded and completely wide of the mark. It is irresponsible for anyone to suggest otherwise. The changes announced earlier this week to the board and the executive are intended solely to significantly strengthen the club's position and help achieve our ambitious future plans."

Last edited:
Soldato
But the SFA isn't talking about EBT here it's just talking about non-contractual payments.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/...sk-clubs-to-declare-non-contractual-payments/

Should Rangers get suspended for 1 year then so should any other club found guilty however I doubt we'll see any chairmen tying the noose around their own necks regarding this.

How can you suspend a club that doesn't exist? For the dual contracts any game where a player was incorrectly registered should forfeit the game 3-0. Even if the club has went out of business. And all trophies should be removed and ideally given to the runners up, but i'll take the trophy removed as it should be.

Soldato
Those who hung onto the coat tails.

Mark I've heard that St Mirren wont have new owners now till after the SPL vote. Strange that the fan owners dont want to make the vote? Any input

No, the fan owners do want to make a vote, but there has been no agreement yet.

The board has made agreement to let the fans who have signed up to the buyover to make the decision and pass it back to the board. So thats gonna be another no to newco.

Soldato

Rangers wont be suspended for the EBT's though, they might get the titles stripped, the suspension if it comes will be for the transfer and tax related problems.

Associate
Talk of players boycotting training and refusing wages now as it may imply they are happy to be transferred to Newco\Club12\Sevco.

Seems there was no consultation on the TUPE process so rules broken there. I'd expect Rangers to have a very small squad even before the vote is done

Soldato
THE 10000hours St Mirren takeover bid has been put on hold in order to help the Paisley club provide their answer on the admission of newco Rangers to the SPL.

10000hours representatives presented an offer to purchase the majority shareholding in St Mirren Football Club yesterday in talks that were today described as productive by the St Mirren website.

But the group behind the takeover bid admit they are concerned at the potential loss of revenue if Rangers drop out of the SPL.

A statement on the website said: "This revenue is currently surrounded by uncertainty given events occurring elsewhere that are beyond the control of either the CIC or the selling consortium.

"After long and productive talks it was agreed by both parties that it was prudent to wait for clarity surrounding the commercial revenues of the SPL before committing to any potential deal."

The St Mirren board have now invited 10000hours to gather opinion and comment from its members with regards to the newco proposals and to pass those thoughts formally on to the board.

That will in turn help the Paisley board reach their decision on the admission of a newco Gers and the outcome of that matter will then allow the Saints takeover bid to be concluded one way or another with two other parties known to be interested in assuming control of the Paisley club.

Sporting Integrity though surely. And the money is easily make up isnt it Mark.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sporting Integrity though surely. And the money is easily make up isnt it Mark.

Yup.

Whats wrong with saying that they are concerned? They are in the position where they want to buy the club and for the cheapest amount possible, its a fantastic chance for the fans to get it cheaper than we expected.

We will vote no to newco, there is a poll from the members and its about 95% no to newco.

Soldato
Looking like discussions are on-going for Rangers to be accepted into the 1st division with various benefits for the SFL including Sky coverage. Don't think that idea will go down well either with the fans. For a more personal reasons Thistle fans considering a home boycott if it goes ahead. Not that I've been for years but think I'd support it.

St Johnstone have told fans at a recent meeting that they'll vote no as well though haven't made it public according to The Herald.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking like discussions are on-going for Rangers to be accepted into the 1st division with various benefits for the SFL including Sky coverage. Don't think that idea will go down well either with the fans. For a more personal reasons Thistle fans considering a home boycott if it goes ahead. Not that I've been for years but think I'd support it.

St Johnstone have told fans at a recent meeting that they'll vote no as well though haven't made it public according to The Herald.

Ok so 50 fans less big deal ;)

Soldato
The worry is, the first division clubs will prostitute themselves to let them in, stupidly not realising that Rangers will come through sooner rather than later anyway.

Would be just as much an uproar if not more if Rangers get into the first, at least if they stayed in the SPL there is a reason for them being there, there is no reason at all that Rangers should be in the first division.

Should be third division or nothing.

Soldato
Alasdair Lamont ‏@BBCAlLamont
Ally McCoist suggesting the decisions of Aluko and McCabe show him, club and fans disrespect in the way they've come out.

Just confirmed on BBC Twitter that Aluko is the second player to reject a transfer to newco, McCoist asks the players not to use the transfer of contracts as an excuse to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom