The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

V F

V F

Soldato
Oh I can hear the bears stiring :D

When Rangers went into administration, thats when I found out about the Rangers Den forum. It's not a nice place. More than half talk like quick text talk, then the rest are insulting each other and calling each other every name under the sun.

Soldato
2s1rh8p.gif

Don
Exactly what transfer ban. Was proven to be illegal.
His point is that it's funny he's going to the football authorities for an employment matter, where it's a clear breach of TUPE regulations to forcibly transfer employees contracts to the new club, whilst threatening anyone who uses their legal right to walk away with legal action.

Soldato
Such a shame that McCoist came out with one of the defining phrases of the year - "We don't do walking away" - I remember all the bile in the Rangers Den eschewing that and how Rangers were a different class etc etc but now, it looks like it is going to blow up in his face.

His dignity and grace are not the spirit of Rangers - looks like that has died with the old club. Newco is going to have to fight to build it's own history now - these are dark days still and not getting any brighter.

McCoist is a shining light but it's clearly taking it's toll - he looks like heart-attack material.

Soldato
Indeed, I have a few Rangers friends who I have told about that place and they cannot believe the attitudes and aggression there - they are positively embarrassed.

When the Rangers Den forum. It's not a nice place. More than half talk like quick text talk, then the rest are insulting each other and calling each other every name under the sun.

Soldato
Not looking good for Motherwell now either

from the document they released.

Last year our cash income from gate receipts was £1.64m comprising £670k season tickets, £970k fans pay at gate. Of the pay at the gate cash income Rangers represented £300k or 31% while Celtic represented £285k or 29% while the other 9 SPL clubs totalled £300k or 31% of cash income (an average of £26k per game)

Another club teetering on the edge of Admin.

Soldato
Not looking good for Motherwell now either

from the document they released.

Last year our cash income from gate receipts was £1.64m comprising £670k season tickets, £970k fans pay at gate. Of the pay at the gate cash income Rangers represented £300k or 31% while Celtic represented £285k or 29% while the other 9 SPL clubs totalled £300k or 31% of cash income (an average of £26k per game)

Another club teetering on the edge of Admin.

I dont understand that really, seems a nonsense, Rangers and Celtic in 4 games bring 60% of the total away support for the whole season?

Im just glad my club does not rely on the old firm in the way Motherwell do, if they goto the wall then they only have themselves to blame for the business model.

Soldato
It's kind of a double blow for SPL clubs - Rangers dominance, brought about in some way by their dubious use of tax funds and EBT money, has weakened the rest of the league who have not had a taste of the success they may have got had Rangers not been in such a strong position.

Now that same weakness is going to be further exposed by Rangers demise.

I dont understand that really, seems a nonsense, Rangers and Celtic in 4 games bring 60% of the total away support for the whole season?

Im just glad my club does not rely on the old firm in the way Motherwell do, if they goto the wall then they only have themselves to blame for the business model.

Soldato

No just away support 60% of ALL pay at gate. I'm sure there are home fans that pay at gate also.

At least when we go down a few will be following us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom