The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

V F

V F

Soldato
It's really taken it's toll on Coisty hasn't it... he nearly looks like a club bouncer now.

_61095749_mccoist.jpg

Soccer---Rangers-Announce-007.jpg

Feb 2011

Man of Honour
Just confirmed on BBC Twitter that Aluko is the second player to reject a transfer to newco, McCoist asks the players not to use the transfer of contracts as an excuse to leave.

My understanding of TUPE is that the players would be entitled to their current terms and conditions on the transfer to the new entity - if those terms and conditions cannot be met (e.g. either through wages or potentially in not being in the division you thought you were signing into) then presumably they must be free to walk away. I'd say that was a perfectly reasonable excuse for leaving whatever Mr McCoist believes.

Soldato
My understanding of TUPE is that the players would be entitled to their current terms and conditions on the transfer to the new entity - if those terms and conditions cannot be met (e.g. either through wages or potentially in not being in the division you thought you were signing into) then presumably they must be free to walk away. I'd say that was a perfectly reasonable excuse for leaving whatever Mr McCoist believes.

AFAIK it protects their job but they can leave. For most people in most industries that would be seen as a safeguard i.e you can't be given a pay cut and your job is safe but for footballers i guess it has the opposite effect and allows them to become free transfers which rather than being unemployed (as ordinary folk would be) could be more to their advantage.

Mr Green clearly hasn't a clue. If he can't grasp this simple concept it should be setting alarm bells ringing.

Soldato
God - what a difference in such a short time.

I know he will get a job anywhere, either as a manager or on TV, so money isn't a problem - this is the face of a man who loves his club and fears for it's very existence.

It's really taken it's toll on Coisty hasn't it... he nearly looks like a club bouncer now.

_61095749_mccoist.jpg

Soccer---Rangers-Announce-007.jpg

Feb 2011

Soldato
Various reports over the weekend saying up to 14 players leaving between being out of contract and TUPE. :eek:

Daily Record is claiming deal has already been verbally agreed though needs support of the SFL clubs. Looks like it's not just Thistle fans annoyed at the 1st division proposal though. Sounds more like the SPL want to make the claim it was the SFL's fault if Rangers are put into the 3rd division.

Last edited:
Soldato
Heard that this morning. Would be fairy safe to assume they were going to leave regardless of the financial situation of the club, career furthering and such like

No one has ever questioned the other side of this story though. If these guys say "I'm staying" would The Rangers pay them £20k+ a week in div 3?

Soldato
No one has ever questioned the other side of this story though. If these guys say "I'm staying" would The Rangers pay them £20k+ a week in div 3?

Hadn't really thought about that, even in division 1 there's no way they can maintain the wages that have broken the club in the first place.

Safe to assume most players will take the best money they can make without destroying rangers and missing out on game time

Soldato
Hadn't really thought about that, even in division 1 there's no way they can maintain the wages that have broken the club in the first place.

Safe to assume most players will take the best money they can make without destroying rangers and missing out on game time

Green has been very vocal in suggesting the contracts transfer automatically (wrongly) yet at no point has he mentioned how said contracts would be funded if the club wasn't in the SPL.

There is all already the loss of Euro income which has to be factored in.

Soldato
Green already said he needed to make £7m in wage savings in a newco situation so sounds like hot air at the moment. Even if he decides to go to court I doubt many fans will be looking forward to playing in the SPL without most of the current first team.

Rumour is Naismith is on his way to Everton.

Soldato
If Green says "Good Morning" id be going outside to check. I don't doubt there will be a few Rangers players on fat contracts who will find "bigger" clubs. But there will be a glut of guys on good money who maybe won't have natural alternatives in place - will he pay those guys?

Soldato
If Green says "Good Morning" id be going outside to check. I don't doubt there will be a few Rangers players on fat contracts who will find "bigger" clubs. But there will be a glut of guys on good money who maybe won't have natural alternatives in place - will he pay those guys?

He will have to, all the big earners are going to go, the only reason McCulloch has said he is staying, he wouldnt get anything like what he's on anywhere else.

Soldato
Green has now written to the SFA saying he's taking action against the players. Funny how he's now insisting that they follow football rules instead of the law, wonder if he'll do that with the transfer ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom