The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Works both ways. Plenty of hateful posts in this thread. So my view is any club that fails I wish there support as much pain as we have had to endure. I will be first there pointing and calling for "sporting integrity"

Cant argue with that, while I have no desire to see any club going to the wall, I wouldnt lose any sleep over it either if its been bad management of the club.

Associate
Cant argue with that, while I have no desire to see any club going to the wall, I wouldnt lose any sleep over it either if its been bad management of the club.

I dont want to see any club go either but McMav clearly wants to see as many clubs go down with Rangers.

As I said, you wonder why sympathy is thin on the ground.

Hopefully all clubs learn from this and restructure their business model not to rely on the old firm, well at least Celtic now :)

Soldato
I dont want to see any club go either but McMav clearly wants to see as many clubs go down with Rangers.

As I said, you wonder why sympathy is thin on the ground.

Hopefully all clubs learn from this and restructure their business model not to rely on the old firm, well at least Celtic now :)

What I'm saying is if or more likely when they go I wont lose any sleep over it and I might actually have a little smile on my face. Especially if it has anything to do with whats happened to us well. They will have bite the hand that's most obviously helped feed them for so long.

Soldato
I also see Dunfermline want to stay in the SPL Now. But surely for Sporting Integrity to mean anything they have to stay down or at least face a playoff against Dundee. Or does "sporting integrity" not really mean that??

Associate
I see Dunfermline are stepping up their bid for the vacant SPL slot and with Dundee thinking it should go to them its going to be an interesting decision.

The way I see it Dunfermline were relegated and therefore not eligible for promotion so the SPL slot should go to Dundee, but then again I am a Dundee fan.

Fairest solution would be a play off match.

Soldato
I think Dunfermline should keep their spot although I would prefer to see them in the 1st Division certainly - normally in a race, when one runner is caught cheating, each one below that is promoted one place up

Soldato
I don't think they ever thought they would have to deal with the situation where a team gets kicked out of the league for cheating so yeah probably just making it up as they go along.

Link to being kicked out for cheating??? I believe we are being kicked out for being a newco but please if it keeps you happy keep peddling your ****.

Soldato
I think Dunfermline should keep their spot although I would prefer to see them in the 1st Division certainly - normally in a race, when one runner is caught cheating, each one below that is promoted one place up

They will keep their spot as it means the fixture clashes there would be with dundee and dundee utd wont happen.

Associate
They should now bring the vote forward as we already know it’s going to be a no against the newco. They will be sent to the first division instead of the third which will allow the sky deal to continue as it’s potentially only one year without Rangers in the SPL.

With all these players walking out and the rumours that Green wants to sell already it does not look good for Rangers.

The Rangers fans have also shot themselves in the foot a lot over this also. If you threaten to boycott a team and not go to any of the games at their stadium why would they want to keep you in the SPL? Either way they are losing the money that they would normally get from Rangers fans anyway.

It’s dragging on too long now, everyone knows what is going to happen, Rangers in first division next season. Get it over and done with so all the clubs and fan’s can start to get ready and build for next season.

Associate
They will keep their spot as it means the fixture clashes there would be with dundee and dundee utd wont happen.

The trouble Dunfermline have is justifying why they should be promoted under the SPL rules. Remember it's not a case of them staying up as they have already been relegated.

Soldato
I like the way some people state that Rangers fans should should some humility well what exactly have the Rangers fans done wrong apart from supporting their team?

Who knew about the EBT's before 2010, was it widespread knowledge that Rangers weren't using them correctly?

Did the vast majority of Gers fans know that Whyte had not paid PAYE and tax for the club or that he'd bought it with the fans money.

Don't you think that each and every Rangers fan has been robbed (not only of 3 years season ticket money) but of the team they love. Think they need no sympathy while they watch their players walk out the door all summer. Not knowing where they will be playing next week.

As fellow football fans you must have some idea what that would feel like were it your club.

Rangers as a club and company did wrong. Rangers fans did nothing wrong but are the biggest losers in all this.

When Gretna had financial troubles they were helped by the SFA.

Shame on the SFA for letting one of their biggest clubs go down in the way it has.

Soldato
I don't have any sympathy for Rangers the club, the fans sure but if it is found that Rangers are guilty and have been benefiting from EBT's and of course not paying taxes then what about the fans of the clubs which would have had a better chance to compete on a closer playing field.

Scottish football is dying anyway, if this helps kickstart anything then good, if not then crowds were dwindling year on year anyway so more and more clubs would go out of business regardless if Rangers were around or not.

If Rangers go to division 3 then I wish them the best of luck in getting back to the SPL as soon as possible, if they keep their support then shouldn't be too difficult since their revenues from fans and merchandise alone should dwarf all clubs in the SFL.

Soldato
I like the way some people state that Rangers fans should should some humility well what exactly have the Rangers fans done wrong apart from supporting their team?

Who knew about the EBT's before 2010, was it widespread knowledge that Rangers weren't using them correctly?

Did the vast majority of Gers fans know that Whyte had not paid PAYE and tax for the club or that he'd bought it with the fans money.

Don't you think that each and every Rangers fan has been robbed (not only of 3 years season ticket money) but of the team they love. Think they need no sympathy while they watch their players walk out the door all summer. Not knowing where they will be playing next week.

As fellow football fans you must have some idea what that would feel like were it your club.

Rangers as a club and company did wrong. Rangers fans did nothing wrong but are the biggest losers in all this.

When Gretna had financial troubles they were helped by the SFA.

Shame on the SFA for letting one of their biggest clubs go down in the way it has.

Rangers fans havent been robbed of 3 years season ticket money, ticketus were robbed of that money, not Rangers.

Soldato

He is correct.

What each club needs to look at though is what the impact would be from either decision. If they believe that by voting Rangers out of the SPL it will have a beneficial outcome for their club then they are acting correctly.

There are all sorts of factors to consider in this. Would voting for Rangers in the SPL cause a boycott of the club by home fans? Would an SPL without Rangers give a chance of Champions League football?

The directors of each club simply have to act in a way that is in their own clubs interests. They don't have to make the right decision - they simply have to be able to justify WHY they make the decisions they do.

Soldato
The clubs were screwed whichever way they voted, Celtic fans threatened a boycott of any clubs voting rangers in, home fans threatened not to buy tickets if Rangers were left in, Rangers fans boycotting any team who dont let them in.

Rock and a hard place, the only thing you can do is side with your fans which are your bread and butter.

The big thing though is that Rangers arent being voted out, they are already out, the vote is to let them back in, which is a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom