The Rise of Lonely Single Straight Men

Soldato
My tuppence worth here, after a late 30s divorce and a very hard time emotionally, is to just get out there and talk with women- not to them.

Initially, I found approaching women difficult, as I'd been with my ex since being a teenager.

The big awakening was when a female friend told me to stop whining about my luck and do something about it.

I took her advice, and made my own luck. I went out, and talked to women. I met a few, got turned down by a few, but that's life. Within two years, I had met my future wife. She totally ignored me the first time I talked to her!

In short, it's not that hard: you just have to try, let women talk, and listen to them when they do. Make them feel as special as they are. They're mostly really good conversationalists, and nearly always interesting.

Also, being a bit cheeky helps!

Yep, true word she told you there.

A growing population of single males is being matched by a growing population of single females unless logic has left the planet.

Yes, the pet food, wine and pharma industry are making a killing off single females. More so when they are 40+

Associate
I think finding a partner via a hobby is probably a good way to find someone.

Unfortunately I have seen far too many dating profiles with "Must be 6ft or over" the funny thing is they are 5 ft 2...
My life experience tells me short women just want a man who is caring and can reach things on tall shelves, looks are not important :D.

Best not let my wife see this as she is actually around 5" 3".

Soldato
A growing population of single males is being matched by a growing population of single females unless logic has left the planet.
Yes but the thread is about all those single lonely men that the article in the op highlighted (we'll ignore that its conclusions are essentially *********) and we'll also ignore that the women in their late 20's and 30's are the most heavily medicated demographic on the planet.. it's all men's fault I tells ya!

Soldato
My life experience tells me short women just want a man who is caring and can reach things on tall shelves, looks are not important :D.

Best not let my wife see this as she is actually around 5" 3".

Loads of woman are around that height, even see a fair few men around the same also, especially in London. As it goes the boss of my company is no more than 5 ft 4 i'd say.

Last edited:
Associate
All men are screwed, just some men decided to get off their backside and do something about it.

This. I heard negative things about dating sites and was put off. Then I tried it and it worked out extremely well. Some really interesting successful ladies on there. Very good looking as well which was surprising as thought it was a bit weird....but apparently online is now mainstream. Went on many dates and now going out with a lovely lady who is gorgeous with an even nicer personality.

But yeah it seems just getting "out there" makes a huge difference.

Associate
If that's what you interpreted from what I posted then I dont have an other words for you.

But true!

Going through this thread there are some very unproductive men when it comes to attracting women and you know what? That applies to many men in the world today. It would be very interesting to see how they apply that way of thinking to other parts of their life. I bet that's also a poop show!

When I came on here and offer some friendly advice, me who recently became single and getting some good results. Waiting for the ex to come back and complain about why I have moved on so easily….but that’s not for this thread :D

I said earlier, dress better. Don't approach women with messy hair, Star Wars T-shirt with your stomaching hanging out expecting to get positive reception from women. What did I get??? "Nah! Nah! Nah! YOU GOT TO BE GOOD LOOKING!!!!"

Also said for dating apps, take some decent photos of yourself. Get a professional photographer to take photos of you out and about, in a natural environment, doing your hobbies. What did I get??? "Nah! Nah! Nah! YOU GOT TO BE GOOD LOOKING!!!!"

These take very little effort, just abit of investment in yourself. WHICH WILL ACTUALLY MAKE YOU LOOK BETTER! Yet, I see push back!

You don't want to make an effort to invest in yourself to get attraction from women yet you are quick to waste hundreds, maybe thousands of pounds on the latest GPU, CPU, i-Device and have the cheek to complain about "modern" women, their dating expectations and why you are not getting them.

When I was on dating sites, I looked at the men's area to check my competition. See how they looked, what I was up against. 99.9% of the profiles were embarrassing. Crappy selfies, low light photos, photos of them out with "the lads" drinking looking in a bad state. No wonder men are struggling on dating sites! You all look god awful! I wouldn't date you either if I was a woman! Not even going to talk about the profile because lets be honest, women won’t look at your profile if your photos look like garbage. Worse thing is, you all can do so much better but you choose not to. So whose fault is that?

We are men, most of us don’t get blessed with dashing good looks to attract women. Unlike women who can attract men with very little or no effort. But that's life, it has always been like that and always will be. Got a problem with that? Take it up with Mother Nature or whichever Creator you prey to because they made it that way and when you get an answer, let us know!

Until then, this is how it is. Yes, women can be crappy, flaky, have stupid high expectations but it’s never going change as long as we live in this comfortable world.

So, either play the game, can get on with that needs to be done to get results or sit on the bench and stop complaining. Because we are men, therefore nobody cares especially women!

Professional photos are acceptable for a wedding

For a dating profile though? Trying way too hard. Checking out guys on a dating app is also a little odd

Soldato
Professional photos are acceptable for a wedding

For a dating profile though? Trying way too hard. Checking out guys on a dating app is also a little odd
Yet, women have no problem getting professional photos done for their dating profiles......

Im talking about not taking crappy low res photos of yourself out with the lads on a front lens camera phone and expect to get matches from women.

Yeah, you might find it odd but if you are running a business or training a sports team. Are you not going to check out the competition to see what you see up against and how you can improve or beat them? You think women aren't checking each other out to see how they can get the better man? Women are the kings of getting jealous of each other when it comes to dating.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom