The Rise of Lonely Single Straight Men

Soldato
Online dating gives men umpteen opportunities to hook up with women. Men just need to get involved, learn from their mistakes and have fun meeting women. You might get knocked back, you might knock some other women back that you don't like. You might find that you need to date someone for a couple of months to get to know each other enough to decide whether you want to continue seeing each other. As long as you're meeting women and "sharing experiences" it's all good enjoyable fun.

Soldato
Online dating gives men umpteen opportunities to hook up with women. Men just need to get involved, learn from their mistakes and have fun meeting women. You might get knocked back, you might knock some other women back that you don't like. You might find that you need to date someone for a couple of months to get to know each other enough to decide whether you want to continue seeing each other. As long as you're meeting women and "sharing experiences" it's all good enjoyable fun.

Exactly, just don't get hooked on the first women who touches your pee-pee :D

Consigliere
@nlel1975 - Nice to meet you.

Not seen the whole thread and with the photo above, smile is better but worth looking at different backgrounds to make it more 'casual' and 'less planned'.

I actually ask friends to take photos of me standing by things, holding a drink, whatever just to give an interesting background rather than a selfie type thing. These kinda of photos give off a less interesting perception/doesn't help with opening lines on dating apps. Good to have a convo starter plus shows you 'go out'. :)

Soldato
We have seen this in other countries. Men and women are no longer dependant on each other so their differences are now seen as a reason not to form a partnetship. It leads to an inevitable decline in population. In the case of Japan, a fairly catastrophic collapse since the people don't welcome immigrants.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I stil think the prime issue now is that its way too easy to distract yourself from your loneliness until its become a crippling issue. People can't spend 2 minutes on their own in silence. They have to reach for their phone. Play a game. Browse social media.

I have a group of friends that are all between mid twenties and late 30s who are making zero effort to meet women. They do a lot of stuff together and i know all of them want GFs but make no attempt to do it because its easier to avoid it and play computer games, board games, exercise together etc.

Time slips by and before you know it, its been years since you were dating and you have gone a bit perculiar. The people you are trying to date are probably the same or too well adjusted to take on a project.

Basically, turn off the phone, stop avoiding the discomfort and get out and meet some women. Its easier than ever in almost every way. There are apps, events, hobbies etc all of which allow you to meet women in whatever environment you are comfortable with.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Do we think there are correlations between this and lower testosterone levels in males due to microplastics and chemical farming? Perhaps these perpetuate the inadequate social skills caused by environmental/upbringing factors.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Haha yes, potentially too :D But we do know the lower a persons AGD, the lower their fertility rate, and it's not unreasonable to assume this reduction of testosterone also leads to behavioural differences. So, compound that with testosterone being a key player in a persons dominance and then we have a direct link.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom