The Rise of Lonely Single Straight Men

Soldato
Better off getting a pet, you'll get more back from it and at least you'll know it wasn't programmed, by someone else, to show you attention.

I'd be genuinely curious to see the split between men and women who think this is a normal or acceptable thing to do. My partner thinks it's hilarious that people would go that route rather than have a real meaningful relationship.

People who want to be single? I understand. People who want to be in a relationship, I understand. Someone looking to have a relationship with a robot? Yeah, that's a hard no from me.

I get that we are on a computer enthusiast forum and I'm a tech enthusiast and often find these sorts of advancements really impressive. I suppose there is some element of the technology I find really impressive but the way people are using it I find rather sad. It's really sad that people think there isn't someone out there for them so they need to turn to their phone and text something they know isn't real for them to get that feeling.

I just can't fathom a scenario where someone says "Oh I'm just talking to my AI girlfriend" and I either don't burst out in laughter or think they're a bit of an odd job. I'm a very liberal guy but this is so left of the field it's on another planet.

Associate
Sign up to some broads Onlyfans, get some **** and some text chat with a woman, then you'll figure out you need a decent personality or a lot of money and sitting online playing video games isnt going to get you either :D

Caporegime
Unless they are feeling your Biggus Dickus, I doubt it would ever come across sincere.
Plus, unless they are feeling your Biggus Dickus, whats the ****** point?
*Rewind*

So what's the point in paying some only fan's broad who's never going to do that either. Let's be honest, she's not going to be having conversations with you if you're just signing up to her page, you need to be sending her Gucci bags for that kind of treatment.

Caporegime
*Rewind*

So what's the point in paying some only fan's broad who's never going to do that either. Let's be honest, she's not going to be having conversations with you if you're just signing up to her page, you need to be sending her Gucci bags for that kind of treatment.
Beat me to it!
Certainly think it's more tragic to be paying girls in only fans. Still wouldn't belittle someone for it

Associate
*Rewind*

So again, you'll get no where without money.
Beat me to it!
Certainly think it's more tragic to be paying girls in only fans. Still wouldn't belittle someone for it
More tragic to pay a human than a subscription service AI model? Regardless of their choice and your choice of buying/selling, I'd rather it goes to a human (even if scummy) than a team of developers who are creating something for everyone. Both can act as ego boosters.

Associate
Beat me to it!
forgot to say, read your earlier response and sorry to hear about what you are going through, I have gone through the same and it didnt end pleasantly for either party.

Caporegime
forgot to say, read your earlier response and sorry to hear about what you are going through, I have gone through the same and it didnt end pleasantly for either party.
Thanks. Yeah no winners in this. Just depends on how bad the loss is. Wouldn't wish this on anyone! Don't think anyone who hasn't gone through it can.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks. Yeah no winners in this. Just depends on how bad the loss is. Wouldn't wish this on anyone! Don't think anyone who hasn't gone through it can.
Of course dont know the ins and outs of it, but having such a massive change of authorities, priorities, availabilities and abilities in a relationship is very very testing and is not for everyone.

Apologies if my initial replies seemed rough towards any situations.

To take us back to topic, that is my thinking and thoughts on it, even if not ideal at least a form of human interaction would be better than a horny version of akinator.

Caporegime
Of course dont know the ins and outs of it, but having such a massive change of authorities, priorities, availabilities and abilities in a relationship is very very testing and is not for everyone.

Apologies if my initial replies seemed rough towards any situations.

To take us back to topic, that is my thinking and thoughts on it, even if not ideal at least a form of human interaction would be better than a horny version of akinator.

I go by the thought of if something isn't hurting anyone. Live and let live. Problem comes is if the AI is genuinely alive and had 'free choice' it might not want the person who wanted it for a companion! :o

Last edited:
Associate
I go by the thought of if something isn't hurting anyone. Live and let live. Problem comes is if the AI is genuinely alive and had 'free choice' it might not want the person who wanted it for a companion! :o
interesting thought to go with it, depending on a persons attractive traits and type of communications, would/could the AI identify a more interesting and fulfilling person to talk to?

Capodecina
Soldato
Because of this thread I got curious and thought "haha, what kind of loser would make an account on this Replika thing, let me check it out".

So I downloaded all 274MB of it and fired it up, it then asked me to create an account, so I gave it my standard email address...

"That email address is already registered" :(

Last edited:
Soldato
That's your problem right there. Your friends never "deserve" ridiculue This attitude is dangerous and why men suffer mental health problems in silence.

Read the room my friend, times are changing, even if you aren't. We're not normalizing dating an AI. We're normalizing supporting your friends, understanding them, being empathetic and not thinking they deserve ridicule

Riicule is fine.

Caporegime
Is this real or some inside joke I'm not privy to?

If one of my friends told me they were dating an AI I'd have an absolute field day with the amount of urine I could take out of them

I'm not sure, it is plausibly real, certainly, it's a real company and they seem to have shifted things a bit into turning the AIs into some sort of adult entertainment.

I wouldn't be surprised if, as AI improves, these things become like crack cocaine for incels!

Caporegime
Because of this thread I got curious and thought "haha, what kind of loser would make an account on this Replika thing, let me check it out".

So I downloaded all 274MB of it and fired it up, it then asked me to create an account, so I gave it my standard email address...

"That email address is already registered" :(

I tried this for 5 minutes. It is not good! I expected better from the reviews. :D

It felt like talking to someone who isn't interested. One/two word answers doesn't cut it!

Me: "what do you think about [xyz]?
AI: " I like it"

Yeah... No! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
@Junglist - Why is the assumption that it's an active choice for everyone not to have a "real" relationship? People who cannot get a "real" relationship whether through health issues, lack of confidence, unfortunate looks or whatever will have an option through AI to feel less lonely.

Back
Top Bottom