The Rise of Lonely Single Straight Men

Soldato
Because of this thread I got curious and thought "haha, what kind of loser would make an account on this Replika thing, let me check it out".

So I downloaded all 274MB of it and fired it up, it then asked me to create an account, so I gave it my standard email address...

"That email address is already registered" :(
lmao cant believe you forgot you signed up for replika!

Soldato
It's interesting the thread as mostly been about partner relationships.

But what about friendships?

It's always been the case that there are lots of men who go through life with little to no female relationship contact. That's why men should always have male friends. Then we can all be lucky losers together. I'm saying that in a joking way but its true. Men should be bonding with other men for validation. Then when that girl rejects you, you won't take it personal.

A lot of guys dump all their male friends if they get a girlfriend. This is the wrong thing to do. Because if that relationship goes downhill, then you have no one. That's when men start thinking thoughts they shouldn't.

Soldato
Health Issues: While it's probably significantly more difficult for someone with health issues to get a relationship, it's not impossible. I do sympathise with them though, much more than everyone else on the list.

Unfortunate looks? Yes, I suppose that is a hinderance especially with apps such as tinder but a good personality will overcome that. Unless of course they are truely hideous and no amount of self betterment could fix it.

Lack of confidence? Ha. That's just being lazy. No one is born with innate dating confidence and much like any skill in life, confidence comes with practice. I'm not a confident person but I didn't want to be alone for the rest of my life so I did what people do. You put yourself out there. Yes you'll get knocked back a lot but that's what builds confidence. You learn a no isn't the end of the world. Using lack of confidence but doing nothing actively to fix your lack of confidence is nothing but a **** poor excuse.

If you want to date you have to put yourself out there. It's a vulnerable situation but that is what builds confidence. I wasn't a confident driver at first but after few driving lessons and you get your license, your confidence grows. That is how life and experience works
Id agree with this, i was so clueless in my younger years but i just learnt as i went along, damn sure your not learning anything if you are fapping to fembots

Soldato

It's always been the case that there are lots of men who go through life with little to no female relationship contact. That's why men should always have male friends. Then we can all be lucky losers together. I'm saying that in a joking way but its true. Men should be bonding with other men for validation. Then when that girl rejects you, you won't take it personal.

A lot of guys dump all their male friends if they get a girlfriend. This is the wrong thing to do. Because if that relationship goes downhill, then you have no one. That's when men start thinking thoughts they shouldn't.
Let them thoughts in....

Caporegime

Bowden, you ever spent time in a Turkish prison?

Caporegime
Its funny tho all this hoo-ha about Only Fans, cam sites have been around for donkeys

I would unironically watch a donkey cam site. Did you know ..?
  • A donkey is stronger than a horse of the same size.
  • Donkeys can see all four of their feet at the same time.
  • Donkeys can vary hugely in size, from 26 inches to 68 inches tall.
  • A donkey's bray can carry up to 60 miles in the desert.
Donkeys are rad as heck and should be on camera more often.

Soldato
I would unironically watch a donkey cam site. Did you know ..?
  • A donkey is stronger than a horse of the same size.
  • Donkeys can see all four of their feet at the same time.
  • Donkeys can vary hugely in size, from 26 inches to 68 inches tall.
  • A donkey's bray can carry up to 60 miles in the desert.
Donkeys are rad as heck and should be on camera more often.

Bro do you AI much?

Soldato
I've seen it time and again, guy gets a girlfriend and dumps all his male friends.

Girlfriend dumps guy.

Guy now has no friends as everyone moved on.

Guy starts thinking negative thoughts on himself.

Guy either becomes outwardly hostile, or inwardly depressed.

Soldato
I've seen it time and again, guy gets a girlfriend and dumps all his male friends.

Girlfriend dumps guy.

Thankfully this has never happened to me. I have close friends I kept in touch with who I have known for at least 20 years.

When my relationship ended last year, my friend mentioned how quickly I bounced back. It was because I continued with my hobbies, such as going to the gym, running, martial arts, etc throughout the relationship. Instead of evolving my whole life around her.

Last edited:
Soldato

Girlfriend dumps guy.

surely true friends are always there? it's not the case with all my mates but my truly close ones I can go a couple of years without seeing but once we do meet up we just carry on as usual.
since having a kid (who is 7 now so I am talking long term ) I don't see my mates anything like I used to .... but I know they are there and I am there for them if needed regardless.

Soldato

Usually it's the woman suffocating the guy, or even narcissism where the girl wants all the energy funnelling towards her. There's a reason mancaves exist.

Thinking about the Christmas break when my brother came to visit with his girlfriend, I probably only spent a total of 15 minutes talking to him alone over the course of 10 days.

Who was the guy who said "hanging with your boys is peak human experience".

Last edited:
Soldato
surely true friends are always there? it's not the case with all my mates but my truly close ones I can go a couple of years without seeing but once we do meet up we just carry on as usual.
since having a kid (who is 7 now so I am talking long term ) I don't see my mates anything like I used to .... but I know they are there and I am there for them if needed regardless.
True friends are hard to find.

Sounds like you have some good friends there.

Caporegime
Usually it's the woman suffocating the guy, or even narcissism where the girl wants all the energy funnelling towards her. There's a reason mancaves exist.

Thinking about the Christmas break when my brother came to visit with his girlfriend, I probably only spent a total of 15 minutes talking to him alone over the course of 10 days.

C'mon man, you can do better than that :(

Soldato

No, thats the man's fault for letting it happen instead of putting their foot down and setting boundaries. The stupid things men do in relationships out of fear they wont have access to sex.

Me: Lets go out for drinks on Saturday night.
Friend: Oh, let me check with the Boss first. :rolleyes:

Men need to untuck themselves and grow a pair in relationships.

You hardly see women give up their friendships and nights out. Thats why its easier for them to get over breakups and move on compared to men.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thats the man's fault for letting it happen instead of putting their foot down and setting boundaries. The stupid things men do in relationships out of fear they wont have access to sex.

You hardly see women give up their friendships and nights out. Thats why its easier for them to get over breakups.

You have an astonishingly narrow point of view when it comes to women and men and how they interact and I understand completely why you are in this thread.

(I am also in this thread, awkward, but I am not a lonely single straight men).

e: and to expand, the reason (which is nonsense) that women "get over breakups" more easily than men is because they are thankful to be out of something that didn't work for them. Which men do too.

Last edited:
Soldato
No, thats the man's fault for letting it happen instead of putting their foot down and setting boundaries. The stupid things men do in relationships out of fear they wont have access to sex.

You hardly see women give up their friendships and nights out. Thats why its easier for them to get over breakups and move on compared to men.
not true at all. I often say let me check with the boss 1st.
I will let you into a secret.... it's just a saying.
what I really mean is let me double check my diary I don't already have commitments , as well as sure check with the wife because it's just plain decency. it is what you should do in a relationship just like my wife will sometimes ask me if it is ok if she does X Y Z
she is not expecting me to say no without an actual good reason but it's how partnerships should work. . you communicate.

Last edited:
Soldato
You have an astonishingly narrow point of view when it comes to women and men and how they interact and I understand completely why you are in this thread.

(I am also in this thread, awkward, but I am not a lonely single straight men).

e: and to expand, the reason (which is nonsense) that women "get over breakups" more easily than men is because they are thankful to be out of something that didn't work for them. Which men do too.

It goes back to what was said earlier in the thread. Many men drop their friends soon as they are in relationship, women rarely do. So women have the support network of other women when the break-ups happens, men do not. Especially when kids are involved. Millions of articles supporting this and I have seen it happen plenty of times.

So how is it nonsense? High suicide rate in men also backs this up.

Back
Top Bottom