• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Looks like remix is going to be quite the success! :cool:

KPpR9Qt.png

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Looks like remix is going to be quite the success! :cool:

KPpR9Qt.png

Would be good if loads of old games ended up using it. Would love someone to do the original Deus Ex :D

It would still not make me buy the current gen cards at the prices they are asking now, but would make me look forward to next gen in 2 years time even more :)

Caporegime
Would be good if loads of old games ended up using it. Would love someone to do the original Deus Ex :D

It would still not make me buy the current gen cards at the prices they are asking now, but would make me look forward to next gen in 2 years time even more :)

Tbh if we get a good amount of games using remix and performance is similar to portal, it will definitely push me to a 4090 :o I would look forward more to a lot of old games remastered with RT than new upcoming games.

Soldato

MSI Afterburner doesn't work in Portal RTX, so I can't see any FPS, but is definitely a good a experience on a rtx2080 with DLSS in performance - in 1080p. It doesn't fell a lot worse than Cyberpunk. All I can say is "bring it on!".
With some quality texture packs and models, plenty of old games (and newer ones as well!) would be truly awesome!

Last edited:
Associate
Had a quick chance to try portal RTX now, and it looks good, but the hit is too much for the money at the moment.

I'll try it again at some point (only had a short amount of time once it downloaded) without RTX to see if its RT or the updated assets which make it look more refreshed to my eyes. I suspect a bit of both.

Caporegime
Had a quick chance to try portal RTX now, and it looks good, but the hit is too much for the money at the moment.

I'll try it again at some point (only had a short amount of time once it downloaded) without RTX to see if its RT or the updated assets which make it look more refreshed to my eyes. I suspect a bit of both.

Yup, not worth it atm for just 1 game (well technically more if we wanted to include likes of mario, doom, serious sam, quake 1 and 2, minecraft etc.), I'm really hoping we'll see some good improvements with driver updates and remix improvements as it really has the potential to be a game changer (pun intended!) :D

Thoroughly enjoying portal (regardless of the RT), forgot most of the puzzles! Definetly a lot more challenging than the second one.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
MSI Afterburner doesn't work in Portal RTX, so I can't see any FPS, but is definitely a good a experience on a rtx2080 with DLSS in performance - in 1080p. It doesn't fell a lot worse than Cyberpunk. All I can say is "bring it on!".
With some quality texture packs and models, plenty of old games (and newer ones as well!) would be truly awesome!

I just use Steam's FPS which you can enable in settings. Works perfectly fine. I get between 50-65fps which is perfectly playable at 1440p ultrawide.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Speaking of RT/DLSS - Saw this, lolled:

HUE4GRX.png

Seems techland are giving the same treatment to dl 2 as they did with all the updates and content for dl 1:

Dying Light 2 Update Improves Ray Tracing, Adds Benchmarking Tool

B1OyLdJ.png

Maxed with dlls quality (CA and MB off)

Missed this update, SImilar in spec so was curious, just installed the game again to try the bench out (what a time to be a live, just download a game in 10 mins to try something out then uninstall again :cry:) and got:

DyingLight2Bench_x64_rwdi_2022_12_12_02_32_59_289.jpg

Your CPU power consumption seems a little high Nexus :cry:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Missed this update, SImilar in spec so was curious, just installed the game again to try the bench out (what a time to be a live, just download a game in 10 mins to try something out then uninstall again :cry:) and got:

DyingLight2Bench_x64_rwdi_2022_12_12_02_32_59_289.jpg

Your CPU power consumption seems a little high Nexus :cry:

But but but amd are suppose to be the power efficiency and power consumption gods!!! :mad:

:cry:

Was kind of tempted to go back to intel with the 13600k but dropping in a 5800x3d made the most sense from overall cost pov.

Speaking of DL 2, was playing a fair bit yesterday and game has definitely improved somewhat in terms of visuals slightly as well as general gameplay mechanics, might have to do a second play through soon choosing different path.

Lol, that reminds me of at least two users on this forum :cry:

I wonder who...... ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom