• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
- 2d gaming is a gimmick
- 3d gaming is a gimmick
- tessellation is a gimmick
- screen space reflections is a gimmick
- ambient occlusion is a gimmick
- anti-aliasing is a gimmick
- hd textures is a gimmick
- 4k gaming is a gimmick

And so on :cry:

That LTT poll really triggered you this morning.

Yup ignorance and most importantly people not willing to educate themselves really does frustrate me :(

Permabanned
I will repeat again, the only games that had a marked difference in quality are Resident Evil 2 and 3 and this is due to how bad the implementation of SSR was, originally I played both games without SSR and I had no issue playing, RT fixed that specific issue. RT is pretty revolutionary in those games, but I have no idea why they could not have used a better method of basic reflections, but maybe it is the RE engine that has limitations.

Without RT.
zI7i3tu.jpeg

In a lot of games RT is just doing nothing visually.

It does depend on the taste you have for games though as very few games have good RT implementations where it is a markedly big difference.

Permabanned
- 2d gaming is a gimmick
- 3d gaming is a gimmick
- 4k gaming is a gimmick

Yup ignorance and most importantly people not willing to educate themselves really does frustrate me :(
4K is not a gimmick, it is steeped in ignorance and FOMO and looking better for others, just enable VSR or DSR if you need to downsample an image, MSAA is a gimmick as no developer uses it anymore, lazy and prefer vaseline shaders.

3D Gaming LOL, no one used the crap on the 3DS and 3D for TV's died off super fast. ;)
:D

Last edited:
Caporegime
I will repeat again, the only games that had a marked difference in quality are Resident Evil 2 and 3 and this is due to how bad the implementation of SSR was, originally I played both games without SSR and I had no issue playing, RT fixed that specific issue. RT is pretty revolutionary in those games, but I have no idea why they could not have used a better method of basic reflections, but maybe it is the RE engine that has limitations.

Without RT.
zI7i3tu.jpeg

In a lot of games RT is just doing nothing visually.

It does depend on the taste you have for games though as very few games have good RT implementations where it is a markedly big difference.

Emmmm, where have you been for the past 124 pages :D

That is the whole point of RT, it solves the pain points for developers i.e. they no longer have to put in anywhere as much time and effort to get results like what RT can achieve in a far quicker way and won't have the same limitations of the raster methods.

Also, "only games", maybe "only games" you have played, I could list a lot where there is a noticeable difference but instead of doing that, here is a channel which demonstrates the differences well but no doubt we'll now get "cherry picked scenes" :D

Most of the "bad RT games" are amd sponsored or games which already had very good raster methods such as callisto protocol.

Like I said a bit further back, this is going to be very common and a big problem for developers (in terms of the hate they will get on social media) as they start to embrace RT more and rely on raster less and less with regards to comments like "SSR, lighting, shadows etc. gimped" and so on, same way that happened with DL 2, CP 2077, chernobylite and now witcher 3 and well any game where there is a pretty big difference..... it's why it would be good for developers to start talking more about their methods/workflows or/and Alex/DF to provide more videos on RT vs raster etc.

Permabanned

That is the whole point of RT, it solves the pain points for developers i.e. they no longer have to put in anywhere as much time and effort to get results like what RT can achieve in a far quicker way and won't have the same limitations of the raster methods.

Also, "only games", maybe "only games" you have played, I could list a lot where there is a noticeable difference but instead of doing that, here is a channel which demonstrates the differences well but no doubt we'll now get "cherry picked scenes" :D

Most of the "bad RT games" are amd sponsored or games which already had very good raster methods such as callisto protocol.

Like I said a bit further back, this is going to be very common and a big problem for developers (in terms of the hate they will get on social media) as they start to embrace RT more and rely on raster less and less with regards to comments like "SSR, lighting, shadows etc. gimped" and so on, same way that happened with DL 2, CP 2077, chernobylite and now witcher 3 and well any game where there is a pretty big difference..... it's why it would be good for developers to start talking more about their methods/workflows or/and Alex/DF to provide more videos on RT vs raster etc.
Yes 1 game.

The rest are half assed or don't need it.

Horizon Zero Dawn still craps all over Cyberpunk 2077 in every way, people give it a technical win as their brain equates large spaces as a need to give a game a rating of better, woo big city!
In every image and video HZD looks half a generation ahead of CBP2077.

Art style is very important and we still don't need RT for a great image.

Resident Evil games though did need RT, but the question is still there on why the basic reflections were handled so badly.

And there is a problem, everything is seeminly reflective like the world is made of glass or plastic, looks like those ENB shaders in GTA.

No image uniformity and the art syle does not carry as it was dropped for a technical win using reflections which is what folks here are mostly obsessed with.

Last edited:
Caporegime
4K is not a gimmick, it is steeped in ignorance and FOMO and looking better for others, just enable VSR or DSR if you need to downsample an image, MSAA is a gimmick as no developer uses it anymore, lazy and prefer vaseline shaders.

3D Gaming LOL, no one used the crap on the 3DS and 3D for TV's died off super fast. ;)

There was a time where it was claimed to be a "gimmick" and tbf, I was one of them but that was largely because games textures and assets were still low. res and not made with 4k in mind so the benefits weren't as noticeable, it was more just a good way of solving anti aliasing issues (and don't get me started on the **** choice of 4k displays not to mention, only recent years gpus where performance is good now {albeit still somewhat relying on upscaling tech], funny, just like the RT situation :D).

Yes 1 game.

The rest are half assed or don't need it.

Horizon Zero Dawn still craps all over Cyberpunk 2077 in every way, people give it a technical win as their brain equates large spaces as a need to give a game a rating of better, woo big city!
In every image and video HZD looks half a generation ahead of CBP2077.

Art style is very important and we still don't need RT for a great image.

Resident Evil games though did need RT, but the question is still there on why the basic reflections were handled so badly.

I sense a troll but I'll bite anyway.........

You're comparing 2 completely different game worlds, a world of foliage, mountains, trees, rivers vs a world full of metal, glass, buildings towering over you..... CP 2077 still trounces it in terms of overall visuals (textures, particle effects, character detail, density of the game world, water, lighting etc.) for me.

Cp 2077 game world is still one of the best there is, it feels lived in/alive, a good variety of assets so it doesn't feel too copy and paste throughout, good use of npcs/crowds in the right areas of the map so a busy city feels alive meanwhile in the rundown parts, it is less lived in and in the desert empty as you would expect, density and isn't just a big open empty world with copy and paste every block like FC 6 towns/city....

PS. art style, as posted by game lighting artists etc. RT gives them far more control and features to do an even better job, a new toolset in the development world giving more options and an improved/enhanced feature set, who would have thought!? :eek: Maybe they should go back to drawing by hand the good old fashion animation way.

If a publisher is willing to give development teams all the time they need as well as somehow be able to fund all that time, then yes, we can get away with just sticking to raster and expect every single game to look as good as rdr 2 from here on then, right..... If only.

EDIT:

LOL just seen your videos, yup lets pick the old gen console version to backup the narrative :cry: 10/10 troll

Last edited:
Associate
- 2d gaming is a gimmick
- 3d gaming is a gimmick
- 4k gaming is a gimmick

This ^^

RTing unquestionably improves image quality, and will result in greater realism. Whether or not someone individually values this, or the tech is yet good enough to make it worthwhile for the majority of people, is another matter - but it will come, and eventually be an expected baseline.

For me the pivot point will come when a significant proportion of rendered graphics support it.

Permabanned
Everyone is a troll on the internet Nexus to those who don't want an oppositional opinion, heck even a mod here called me the same after placing Radeon cards in a lower tier in the tier thread vs Nvidia when RT is enabled, people here are arrogant and full of ****.

Associate
All the poll asked was when RT was last turned on. It's not really ignorance or failure to self educate there.

Does it benefit their circumstance? If not why turn it on, just because they feel better educated. Not turning it on just because I know about it, I need an appreciable improvement on the prior full experience.

No mention of games played, could just be that the majority of people aren't playing RT games? They're in the minority after all. Or the cost of hardware to run it acceptably?

Just because it might lets devs have an easier time in the future, I don't care. They were releasing unfinished **** before RT, and will do so after it becomes mainstream.

Last edited:
Permabanned
BRB, going to complain to someone that their cities are too damn reflective when it rains and their buildings made out of glass are too reflective! :mad:

mnxUypS.png

CoIDfYt.png

57ZkCne.png
Where is the rain in Cyberpunk?

Oh an easter egg.

That's glass and water, not what was depicted in that video, the entire world is glass and plastic apparently not just windows and water.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Everyone is a troll on the internet Nexus to those who don't want an oppositional opinion, heck even a mod here called me the same after placing Radeon cards in a lower tier in the tier thread vs Nvidia when RT is enabled, people here are arrogant and full of ****.

Opinion is one thing i.e. "I don't see the point of RT", "RT isn't worth it for me", "RT adds nothing in this game"

But going around with comments like "RT is a gimmick", "RT does nothing"... those are blanket statements and factually incorrect.

Where is the rain in Cyberpunk?

Oh an easter egg.

Emmmm, there is a lot of rain in the game and I haven't done any easter egg to activate it, have you even played the game?

In fact, it was one of my comparison pics to show puddles/wet surfaces magically disappearing again all because I changed camera angle:

HA2fkHc.jpg

nMLqlaF.jpg

KdOzQV1.jpg

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

jim-carrey-dumb-and-dumber.gif

Permabanned
There is some ignorance on my part as I won't play a game that Witcher 3 lickers shilled as it's just a terrible game, Witcher 3 has the same problems where if it were a novel which it is or a movie which it could be but is a show instead, it would serve it's purpose well, gameplay and you don't get a cohesive videogame is where they failed.

But we are on the subjective spectrum here.

It's hard to keep up sometimes when almost 3 years later your game now has things that were previously missing.

Well done beta testing I guess.

Last edited:
Caporegime
All the poll asked was when RT was last turned on. It's not really ignorance or failure to self educate there.

Does it benefit their circumstance? If not why turn it on, just because they feel better educated. Not turning it on just because I know about it, I need an appreciable improvement on the prior full experience.

No mention of games played, could just be that the majority of people aren't playing RT games? They're in the minority after all. Or the cost of hardware to run it acceptably?

Just because it might lets devs have an easier time in the future, I don't care. They were releasing unfinished **** before RT, and will do so after it becomes mainstream.

I'm referring to most people in general (in this thread :p) and not specifically that poll.

There is some ignorance on my part as I won't play a game that Witcher 3 lickers shilled as it's just a terrible game, Witcher 3 has the same problems where if it were a novel which it is or a movie which it could be but is a show instead, it would serve it's purpose well, gameplay and you don't get a cohesive videogame is where they failed.

But we are on the subjective spectrum here.

It's hard to keep up sometimes when almost 3 years later your game now has things that were previously missing.

Well done beta testing I guess.

I can't remember launch exactly but I'm pretty sure there was rain back then too and there were certainly puddles/wet road surfaces on launch as that is when my screenshots are from.

You might be thinking of water physics with the large bodies of water and the lack of physics there which was not a fault of RT but simply developers not bothering hence why it has water physics now regardless of RT being turned on/off.

Caporegime

Just seen this bit, I'm not referring to that kind of "3D" but in terms of graphics from 2d to 3d era.

3d as in the glasses was very nice when done right and viewed on good displays i.e. oled but it didn't have the support behind it to ever become the "norm"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom