• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're not implying CDPR makes buggy game engines! The AuDaCiTy! Next you'll be saying Bethesda games crash!

I'm glad it wasn't just me that noticed that with the small puddles, noticed this in the desert on a road when the 2.0 update came out, frantically running around trying different view point angles trying to make it do it furiously, then I gave up in anger and became a Scientologist, that'll teach them!

It is weird it works some of the time though eh! I still liked the bits that worked though haha!
My favorite is when enemies see you in the dark, because they were tuned for rasterization :))

-Small puddles don't react at all, like is nothing there. Others just leave some tire marks like is dirt/sand, but don't react when someone walks over or if you shoot them. Just the big river/ocean reacts somewhat to what's going on, but is pretty much the same.
-Shadows from the headlights can be awful and are present only with path tracing. Embarrassing since, from what I can remember, those where done since at least GTA 4 days ... But at least reflections are nice and pretty :))
-Some reflections in certain angles act like they're in screen space (you can see in some of the pics attached).
-Mirrors act like they're on low quality/deactivated, basically don't act until you activate them which is .... awkward.
-Characters and objects can float just above the ground.

and other etc. (no flashlight / although is needed, lights can't be turned off even when shot at, and so on). PT/RT is still improperly implemented in CB77 although it seems to be its poster child.

I do like the overall look, how it grounds everything into place at times, but in all honesty... good riddance to Red Engine. After so many times they still haven't actually "fixed" Cyberpunk as it normally should have been

The puddle/water with the cyberpsycho one definitely reacts to your movement, iirc @mrk has a gif showing it of as it did look pretty cool so I would still say this is more of a design decision or/and devs being lazy than a problem with RT.

On the 3rd point, this is resolved with ray reconstruction, HUB highlighted this in their video.

Mirror point is down to the animation of your player and broken animation/physics which is why devs haven't enabled mirrors/reflection for your character.

You can mod in a flashlight to the game.

Of course it's not "perfect" but it's the best implementation we have to date (only other path traced titles we have are the very old games like quake and portal rtx, which look good but ultimately they are old) and don't forget, this is arguably just the tip of the iceberg with what is possible.

Last edited:
If I had nothing else to play I would probably feel the same. Not easy trying to keep up with steam games from piling up. Luckily the list is not that big for me, but I also enjoy replaying old games so that sometimes means games pile up again suddenly.

Currently playing Resident Evil 4 DLC and starting Wasteland 3 which I picked up on the cheap.

Also going to try Red Dead Redemption 2 again for like the 4th time. I managed to get passed the bank robbery mission this time by not getting too greedy in the vaults. That mission killed it for me as there was a mandatory 5-10 minute long ride and **** talk leading up to the mission which was soul destroying every time you died. Can't stand that about that game. If I die I don't want to ******* waste time listening to the same crap over and over again. Just put me back to the start of the ******* mission or give me a quick save!
Yea i am more of a one and done. May go back years later. My Mrs loves to watch me play so i might do RDR 2 to show her as i think story wise it's an all time great. I did it with The Last Of Us and they released a Remaster soon after so i am trying to hold off in case they do similar to make it more interesting for me. Hahaha yea repeating stuff ain't for me either if you have to wait so long to try again. Safe points should always be before the danger happens.

Last edited:
It shall be done.
If she's got any hot single/cheating friends, I'll come to the wedding ;)

Least you can do for such a helpful suggestion!

Currently playing Resident Evil 4 DLC
@TNA Did you agree with what I said before, good for 'what it is' and just fun smashing through it? I did it in 1 night which took till like 4am - I know right my Saturday nights are exciting aren't they!

Last edited:
AMD RDNA 3 is similar to top end NV last gen but in some games that Nvidia sponsor it's not even close. There should be a balance.
I might sell my 4070 and get a 6700, crazy how efficient these modern heatsink/fans are these days! Hopefully RDNA3 will mean I can run everything Natively/max RT
iu

Last edited:
Lol no sure i can sort that we got married and all the cool woman are attached or married at my age. Look for a woman that has no siblings as they had to make there own fun so games were maybe there thing.
Haha when I was younger I might have potentially sabotaged 5 marriages, but hey I was single, they were game and it isn't up to me to be a detective haha! It was their choice :D :cry:

Obviously weren't happy to want to jump ship and mess around eh! And for the benefit of the court, I never knew them previous to this nor their spouses ;)
You do have to question their partners and think, if she's this hot and you'd rather be out with the 'LADS LADS LADS' watching football at a pub versus smashing her... Or at best they're cheating on her? Madness!

TLDR I was happy to help :cry: :D
If RT is your thing then stick to NV as right now it's not a priority to AMD. I went AMD as high fps was my priority for less money. RT is pretty much always off.
It would always be off if you owned an AMD ;) unless you like slideshows trollolol!

FWIW I own and have owned many amd/ati products and was going to buy a 7900xt till they kept going up and down in pricing like a yoyo and I found out how hot they get/coil wine/short warranty, plus I like to annoy people so I thought I'd buy the clown shoe and make my own opinion, at worst I'd get a refund and return it and loose a tenners postage (big deal) Irony is it seems decent and I like the 3 year warranty/fanless operation/mad undervolt capability+115-145w at peak with RT on power consumption once UV'ed) and my room doesn't turn into a sauna, so cant complain tbh!

Last edited:
Yea i am more of a one and done. May go back years later. My Mrs loves to watch me play so i might do RDR 2 to show her as i think story wise it's an all time great. I did it with The Last Of Us and they released a Remaster soon after so i am trying to hold off in case they do similar to make it more interesting for me. Hahaha yea repeating stuff ain't for me either if you have to wait so long to try again. Safe points should always be before the danger happens.

Getting a bit tired now so my mind was making stuff up to complete some of the highlighted sentences :cry:

I think I have completed Resident Evil a dozen times by now, and probably not far of with OG Deus Ex.

Certain games I just love to revit. At the very least I like to have the ability to play the games I want when I want, even if I don't play them.

Last edited:
Haha when I was younger I might have potentially sabotaged 5 marriages, but hey I was single, they were game and it isn't up to me to be a detective haha! It was their choice :D :cry:

Obviously weren't happy to want to jump ship and mess around eh! And for the benefit of the court, I never knew them previous to this nor their spouses ;)
You do have to question their partners and think, if she's this hot and you'd rather be out with the 'LADS LADS LADS' watching football at a pub versus smashing her... Or at best they're cheating on her? Madness!

TLDR I was happy to help :cry: :D

It would always be off if you owned an AMD ;) unless you like slideshows trollolol!

FWIW I own and have owned many amd/ati products and was going to buy a 7900xt till they kept going up and down in pricing like a yoyo and I found out how hot they get/coil wine, plus I like to annoy people so I thought I'd buy the clown shoe and make my own opinion, at worst I'd get a refund and return it and loose a tenners postage (big deal) Irony is it seems decent and I like the 3 year warranty/fanless operation/mad undervolt capability+115-145w at peak with RT on power consumption once UV'ed) and my room doesn't turn into a sauna, so cant complain tbh!
Apart from the lack of RT this 7900xt pulse is the best card i have owned. It's built well, fan less mode when not active and under load stupidly quiet. You would think a card that uses close to 300 watts would make a bit of noise but this is mainly quieter than my Kraken x63 aio water cooler for my cpu. Very impressed with it and all jokes aside it does fine with RT in the majority just not your NV RT show cases. I think in 2-3 years when i want an upgrade RT might be on my mind but for now it's not that important.

Getting a bit tired now so my mind was making stuff up to complete some of the highlighted sentences :cry:

I think I have completed Resident Evil a dozen times by now, and probably it far of with OG Deus Ex.

Certain games I just love to revit. At the very least I like to have the ability to play the games I want when I want, even if I don't play them.
Yea different type of gamers. I just remember getting angry in the 80's as all the games were made to kill you so am happy to see everything once. No patience for repeating these days. The very best games i might do a second time years later. Hate games on Ps5 that for the Platinum trophy make me play again but have done it on occasion. It could just be that i play online a lot with mates so have to balance it out as well. Only so many hours to play.

Reactions: TNA
Apart from the lack of RT this 7900xt pulse is the best card i have owned. It's built well, fan less mode when not active and under load stupidly quiet. You would think a card that uses close to 300 watts would make a bit of noise but this is mainly quieter than my Kraken x63 aio water cooler for my cpu. Very impressed with it and all jokes aside it does fine with RT in the majority just not your NV RT show cases. I think in 2-3 years when i want an upgrade RT might be on my mind but for now it's not that important.
Nice man, the like £730 one minute then £860-900 the next, despite having the money was a major P take for me, and seeing a load of bad feedback on the things mentioned, and being someone that has the worst luck known to man (seriously it's beyond ridiculous!) I know mine would break/fail out of warranty/do all the things I'm worried about and someone else could buy one in 10 years fine and it be perfect lol.

My luck is just beyond a joke, so I played it safe this time, plus this is the first ever Nvidia I've ever bought brand new, all my other cards bar 1 have been ATI. I'm the type of person that if it does what it says on the tin/suits my needs/price is within reason to my personal opinion on what I want out of the card, then I don't care who makes it tbh, I'm like that with engine swaps in cars for example, I have no issue putting a completely different manufacturers engine in, I'm def not a purist, but I do appreciate the purist/oem stuff too, I just like a bit of everything tbh mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom