• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why NOxia keeps on going on about screenshots and/or photo mode :p Must be some clinical condition :p

It's ok to put your big boy pants on and use the proper name lol.
Speaking of clinical conditions, noticed you now obsessively post duplicates of your screenshots in the screenshot thread and the related game thread :p
Please have consideration for those of us using 56k, thanks.

Also, I'm not wrong though am I ;)

Last edited:
Nice man, the like £730 one minute then £860-900 the next, despite having the money was a major P take for me, and seeing a load of bad feedback on the things mentioned, and being someone that has the worst luck known to man (seriously it's beyond ridiculous!) I know mine would break/fail out of warranty/do all the things I'm worried about and someone else could buy one in 10 years fine and it be perfect lol.

My luck is just beyond a joke, so I played it safe this time, plus this is the first ever Nvidia I've ever bought brand new, all my other cards bar 1 have been ATI. I'm the type of person that if it does what it says on the tin/suits my needs/price is within reason to my personal opinion on what I want out of the card, then I don't care who makes it tbh, I'm like that with engine swaps in cars for example, I have no issue putting a completely different manufacturers engine in, I'm def not a purist, but I do appreciate the purist/oem stuff too, I just like a bit of everything tbh mate.
Yea always buy for your needs and budget. I got mine for £660 so around as good as its. Was £700 with Starfied and got £40 for the game so for my needs and budget it was the card to get.

It's ok to put your big boy pants on and use the proper name lol.
Speaking of clinical conditions, noticed you now obsessively post duplicates of your screenshots in the screenshot thread and the related game thread :p
Please have consideration for those of us using 56k, thanks.

Also, I'm not wrong though am I ;)
Not everyone browses the game specific thread, but do the screenshot thread, so a few that were in the game thread also bundled into the screenshot thread. You should upgrade your ISDN line to something more modern :p

With gaming PCs as powerful as these, many of us have the ability to enjoy games, screenshot and GIF all at the same time without a single FPS loss, get with the times naysayer :p

Last edited:
Not everyone browses the game specific thread, but do the screenshot thread, so a few that were in the game thread also bundled into the screenshot thread. You should upgrade your ISDN line to something more modern :p

With gaming PCs as powerful as these, many of us have the ability to enjoy games, screenshot and GIF all at the same time without a single FPS loss, get with the times naysayer :p

You know what. For the sake of taking this rhetoric too far I'm going to stop even joking because I genuinely enjoy your screenshots for the record! You do put weird things in your tea though.

Tbh only reason I don't take them is because I never store/revisit them them. Unless I see a glitch. If anyone used to get PCGamer back in the day they may remember when people used to send in screenshots of bugs, think some got a prize.

PS. My comment genuinely wasn't about you, @Nexus18 was just deflecting his thoughts and blaming me!

Last edited:
Apart from the lack of RT this 7900xt pulse is the best card i have owned. It's built well, fan less mode when not active and under load stupidly quiet. You would think a card that uses close to 300 watts would make a bit of noise but this is mainly quieter than my Kraken x63 aio water cooler for my cpu. Very impressed with it and all jokes aside it does fine with RT in the majority just not your NV RT show cases. I think in 2-3 years when i want an upgrade RT might be on my mind but for now it's not that important.
One of the reason these cards got so expensive is due to this. I was a bit shocked to see the hughe difference between 2080 and 4080. Not to mention that it barely fits in something that I thought was a huge case. I get that is a nice thing to have so an enthusiast doesn't need to bother with changing the cooling solution, but for average Joe,something smaller, a bit noisier would have been good too.

Wow, it's happening....

RT'ing hitting mainstream in two days.:p

But seriously, those system requirements are insane!

Can't believe my old 3070 and 3080 have been emptied by Remedy and NV, massive slap in the face if you didn't manage to bag an FE.:(

Wow, it's happening....

RT'ing hitting mainstream in two days.:p

But seriously, those system requirements are insane!

Can't believe my old 3070 and 3080 have been emptied by Remedy and NV, massive slap in the face if you didn't manage to bag an FE.:(

When you've been eating noodles three times a day for a month but with the savings you bagged that 4090:

Last edited:
Imagine API engines not advancing :o

Mesh Shaders were announced like 4 years ago as part of the DX12 spec? This is the first game finally making use of them. I fully suspect that the GOPU power to VRAM combo is a major factor as to why a card like the 3070 isn't quite up to the task as well. All the previews say just how detailed the game world is, the density of the city streets and whatnot, I expect everything is loaded into VRAM for fast loading/streaming - Plus it's their own engine too so much unlike anything we've seen before.

There's no slap, just tech moving forward. About time, too.
The 3080 launched doing 4K RT'ing@60 fps and if I'm reading correctly-it can't even do DLSS Rt'ing@1440p a year after it was replaced, your right though it's not a slap, considering some 3070s were sold at retail for £900!, 3080s at retail £1299+it's not a slap, it's more like taking a battering ram to your groin area.

DF were on rage mode earlier this year because some titles not being able to run ultra textures on 8gb to 12Gb gpus, it was the end of the world for PC games.

Imagine API engines not advancing :o

Mesh Shaders were announced like 4 years ago as part of the DX12 spec? This is the first game finally making use of them. I fully suspect that the GOPU power to VRAM combo is a major factor as to why a card like the 3070 isn't quite up to the task as well. All the previews say just how detailed the game world is, the density of the city streets and whatnot, I expect everything is loaded into VRAM for fast loading/streaming - Plus it's their own engine too so much unlike anything we've seen before.

I get that, but the vocal meltdown caused by increasing vram requirements of the past year or two by some people in in this thread alone saying 'plenty' Ampere are now acceptable coz Nv are behind the wheel.

The discussions over the last few days about RT'ing hitting mainstream coz PS5 can do it over the last few days, no chance, it's remaining niche on the very best gpu's money can buy imo.

And no I'm not saying AW2 looks rubbish either, it looks incredibly reflective for those that enjoy it or some 4090 owners who can't bare looking at themselves in a mirror for cost to entry.:p

There's no slap, just tech moving forward. About time, too.

Yup shocker that more demanding visuals make older/weaker hardware suffer :eek: Shall be interesting to see how the 3090 holds up since it apparently seems to be the most future proofed gpu there is*

*even though it is ******** the bed just as much as a 3080 etc. in path tracing :cry:

The 3080 launched doing 4K RT'ing@60 fps and if I'm reading correctly-it can't even do DLSS Rt'ing@1440p a year after it was replaced, your right though it's not a slap, considering some 3070s were sold at retail for £900!, 3080s at retail £1299+it's not a slap, it's more like taking a battering ram to your groin area.

That's not exactly nvidia or remedy fault though is it? People were stupid to have paid that in the first place, not like nvidia held a gun to peoples heads..... and not like etailers nor amd did any better either..... Think of the poor sods that paid £1000+ for rdna 2 gpus and still don't have access to a good upscaling solution nor able to use RT for the past 3+ years.

DF were on rage mode earlier this year because some titles not being able to run ultra textures on 8gb to 12Gb gpus, it was the end of the world for PC games.

Most people and technical press called out shoddy optimised games because the requirements and "issues" that were affecting all gpus (no matter how much vram you have, you can't avoid memory leaks nor stutters with shader compilation and so on) wasn't good enough hence why they got patched to run much better and solved some of the issues. What would you rather have, have no one call out poorly optimised games and force people into buying ££££ gpus just to brute force past issues? And then people wonder why pc platform is in such a poor state and have games now running at <15 fps with no RT and with upscaling enabled.....

I get that, but the vocal meltdown caused by increasing vram requirements of the past year or two by some people in in this thread alone saying 'plenty' Ampere are now acceptable coz Nv are behind the wheel.

The "vocal meltdown" as you put it was calling out either intentional or/and just lazy development which were causing issues for what were in the grand scheme mediocre looking at best games when compared to other titles that did much better, ran better and looked better.

The discussions over the last few days about RT'ing hitting mainstream coz PS5 can do it over the last few days, no chance, it's remaining niche on the very best gpu's money can buy imo.

I don't think the discussion has necessarily been about RT becoming mainstream all of a sudden just because in spiderman 2 you can't disable RT as this isn't mainstream, the discussion has been about the hardware we have as of now including consoles being ready for RT to become mainstream but alas it won't happen because majority of devs aren't wanting or can't make that leap yet.

The difference here with cp 2077 and aw 2 path tracing is that it actually is worthy of requiring such hardware specs including vram because it looks next gen unlike godfall, fc 6, forspoken :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom