• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting numbers, 6400 DDR5 makes a fair bit of difference over DDR4 when RT is being used in Spiderman, At 1440P the 12900K using DDR5 has a 22FPS lead over the 5800X3D but is 4FPS slower than the 5800X3D when using DDR4.

Fascinating, so ddr5 improves performance by 30% over ddr4 and PCIE 4 improved performance by 10% over pcie3

That's some good motivation for gamers with old amd boards to upgrade for Zen4 as you won't just be getting a faster CPu but faster memory which is starting to play a role in game performance

Fascinating, so ddr5 improves performance by 30% over ddr4 and PCIE 4 improved performance by 10% over pcie3

That's some good motivation for gamers with old amd boards to upgrade for Zen4 as you won't just be getting a faster CPu but faster memory which is starting to play a role in game performance

Depending on prices, And performance obviously, I may swap over to Intel for Raptorlake + DDR5.

Since getting the 3080 Ti FE and 12700KF, I feel enabling RT is mostly trivial now.
It's funny but I feel the same with a 6800. Performance jumped a lot over that first year since release and it was really only Cyberpunk that gives it a proper beating (which is now 95% fine with FSR 2.0), at least for the game combos that count. There's still some things out of my grasp but they aren't the sort of things that feel necessary and are more just fun to mess with (like maxing roughness threshold for Doom Eternal etc). Now I'm less worried about performance with RT and just overall performance as we go into the new gen so I'll probably upgrade regardless but it feels like outside of some more extreme scenarios there's no real need for a much faster GPU if you just want to play the games with good quality & framerate, and I think it will probably scale that way for the rest of the generation (after all consoles' specs are already set & games still have to be able to run on the Series S too).

Skull and Bones confirmed to have DLSS2 and other upscaling options.

Be interesting to see how intels version looks as iirc they are using machine learning like dlss.

EDIT:

Also ray tracing in skull and bones too, global illumination :cool:

Recommended specs:

TIIy8D8.jpg

Total rip off but might be better than Eternal which divided the fan base, me not likey.
Yup I wasn't a fan of eternal either, looked nice and ran incredibly well though.

Another day, another game getting ray tracing love :cool: :D

Gotham Knights will have Ray Tracing Reflections & Shadows on PC

Uncertainty on fsr 2 and dlss though, I would be expecting DLSS too though, if not, hopefully intels upscaler is on par with dlss:

Furthermore, Gotham Knights will support Intel’s AI-upscaling tech, XeSS. However, there is no word yet on whether the game will also support NVIDIA’s DLSS or AMD’s FSR 2.0.

Had my doubts on GK based on the first footage we had but seeing the latest gameplay, it is looking very good, only concern is that the gameworld looks very empty/lifeless.

Callisto protocol will support ray tracing reflections and shadows but with it being amd sponsored don't be too surprised if it is gimped somewhat, will still beat rasterization effects though :p

I just found out Stalkers 2 had been delayed to 2023. Cant wait to play The Callisto Protocol on 2 Dec 2022, it was thought to be used Unreal Engine 5 but very surprised to read IGN interview finally confirmed it used modified Unreal Engine 4.27 with some Unreal Engine 5 elements.

Impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom