• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Metro Exodus Enhanced with the ray tracing engine. I fully recommend it!

Has any of you played /tried it?

I have, did not have that impact on me at all. Now Horzon Zero Dawn on the other hand with a proper OLED monitor with proper HDR on the other hand :D

Playing Metro Exodus Enhanced with the ray tracing engine. I fully recommend it!

Has any of you played /tried it?
Personally I'd recommend playing the old version with raytracing as it better aids the atmosphere of the game. Phenomenal game otherwise, one of the best FPS campaigns I've played in years, at least since Titanfall 2 (which remains the G.O.A.T.).

Just curious why anyone would recommend the non enhanced version.

The same type that think Metro Exodus has a phenomenal campaign :p:cry:

Sure it was good, but I was glad when the game ended. I don't even remember much of it to be honest. Does not come close to HZD in story or gameplay or anything really. In my opinion of course :D

Sure it was good, but I was glad when the game ended. I don't even remember much of it to be honest. Does not come close to HZD in story or gameplay or anything really. In my opinion of course :D
Never finished it, never got hooked.
I don't think it is a bad game it is just out when there are better campaigns and well some kind of burn out from it too.

Played Obscure and that's a breath of fresh air in comparison and is from 2002.

Personally I find those "injection" methods via reshade pretty poor, in certain scenes it can look good but a lot of the time, it doesn't look right since it can only work with what is in your view vector/screen.
GTA 4 and ENB told me to never believe anything you see on YouTube using shader graphical mods, in person they look awful.

Never finished it, never got hooked.
I don't think it is a bad game it is just out when there are better campaigns and well some kind of burn out from it too.

Played Obscure and that's a breath of fresh air in comparison and is from 2002.

Fair enough guys .:p:)

I have, did not have that impact on me at all. Now Horzon Zero Dawn on the other hand with a proper OLED monitor with proper HDR on the other hand :D

Definitely get Zero Dawn. It's absolutely brilliant.

My nephew recommended me this but..it just doesn't look like my type of game. Maybe i'll play on an OLED if I do get one which I plan to do in December atm.:eek: Thanks for that recommendation though , i did look at a bit of it on youtube tonight cos of this.

Doesn't the enhanced version have better RTGI ?

Yes the enhanced has better Ray tracing.

The enhanced has better ray tracing. Only Ray tracing cards can run it mate.

Just curious why anyone would recommend the non enhanced version.
The enhanced version has a more advanced raytracing implementation but that doesn't mean it's better suited to the game. Remember that the game was authored without it in mind and the art direction was established for the first version. In particular a lot of scenes that would otherwise be in shadow are now blown up, thus imo the atmosphere of the game suffers. Ultimately - de gustibus.

The enhanced version has a more advanced raytracing implementation but that doesn't mean it's better suited to the game. Remember that the game was authored without it in mind and the art direction was established for the first version. In particular a lot of scenes that would otherwise be in shadow are now blown up, thus imo the atmosphere of the game suffers. Ultimately - de gustibus.

ah de gustibus. I also have a youtube video that shows you
overall the full raytracing is better for the game, it mentions your criticism but it counters by saying that it actually improves the game much more than not and adds a lot to the realism.

The clip you sent me looks more natural on the right with the enhanced version.
. i can't link a clip of mine off youtube at the moment as I'm busy but it's there.

Overall the full raytracing is better for the game imo. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom