The Rumour Mill, who do you want/think your club will sign/sell this summer

kdd

kdd

Soldato
B@Th*nG said:
awesome! :D finest left back in the world for a 30-31 yr old center-half who cries when he doesn't get played where he wants and 5mil :D first bit of good business chelsea have done in years!

B@Th*nG

Gallas has just turned 29 actually, and I would guess he has a good 5 years left in him. Gallas had a right to complain tbh, he's proved himself to be an exceptional centre back yet kept being put at left back, the guy was a starter for the side that lost the world cup final on penalties. I reckon Arsenal got the best of the deal tbh, Arsenal desperately needed an experienced and solid cb, and Clichy will easily step into cole's shoes. Now Chelsea have lost a defensive force and a player that will be incredibly difficult to replace and have gained a player whilst useful is a burgeoning primadonna and general pain in the ar*e.

Don
kdd said:
I reckon Arsenal got the best of the deal tbh, Arsenal desperately needed an experienced and solid cb, and Clichy will easily step into cole's shoes.
not sure who's got the best deal; for football reasons i would have thourght Arsenal have got the better deal, no real difference in quality but Gallas can play anywhere across the back 4 and imo Arsenal need Gallas more than Chelsea needed Cole (maybe thats why they got a good deal). In terms of a business deal; Chelsea have got the better deal by a mile, they've valued Gallas at around £10m which is crazy when he's 29 and in the last year of his deal.

Soldato
I really was started to doubt Arsene due to our lack of transfers but he has really pulled a rabbit out of the hat. We have signed possibly the best CB in this league, weakened the Chelsea side as they only have 2 recognized CBs now and one half of their best CB partnership is gone. Also flogged a vibrator loving midget and got £5mill out of it. Also we have got rid of Reyes and signed a very good player in Baptista, dont know if he will settle but surely he can't be worse than Reyes.

Arsene trully does know and I'll never doubt him again :)

Kerplunk said:
Slightly confusing. Which is it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/5307504.stm

Arsenal sign Brazilian defender
Arsenal have paid Sao Paulo £3.4m for 18-year-old midfielder Denilson, acccording to the Brazilian club.

Defensive midfielder

Don
JohnnyG said:
Remind me never to employ you if you ever make it as an accountant won't you?;)
Nett =?
lol i missed the nett bit in your op :o
And you would never be able to afford me anyway :p ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I might be wrong but I think Spurs were the second highest (gross) spenders in the premiership this summer, worked out at around £35m. Net it would have been Liverpool however.

Permabanned
Tbh I think Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U all have horrid home support, it can be unbelievably quite at times.

Not sure about Chelsea but both Man U and Arsenal have great away support though.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Gilly said:
Since when have Arsenal played at Old Trafford?

All the true manchester fans support fc united of manchester now, like the others said man u have been left with the trendies.

Back
Top Bottom