The Rumour Mill, who do you want/think your club will sign/sell this summer

Associate
Bitchplz said:
Bernard Back At Newcastle

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=413583&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=4161&title=Bernard+back+at+St+James'

Always thought he was good for newcastle. Anything is better than Baba

:p

yeah just read that on teletext as well now.

i liked him when he was up hear last time, pretty good defencivly (sp) and good forward attacking player as well.

still dissapointed though, u see all these clubs signing big names and we get some of the dregs yet again.

Soldato
Well I think it's pathetic the way most Arsenal fans talk about Cole, you got a good deal there.... jeez imagine if he'd just run his contract down whilst all the time saying he was going to stay, then jumped ship and went to Chelsea on a free!

Hmm, where've I heard that one before :rolleyes:

All the grief us Spurs fans got about Judas, yet listen to the gooners now and that's just a normal transfer!!!

Soldato
the bernard thing shows what a joke newcastle are, he was a great left back good for the club. they wouldnt offer him a decent pay rise to bring into line with the rest of the squad, let him go for pence. then sign fat babayaro for a fortune pay him a kings wages and then bernard comes back after a few years anyway.

Soldato
Looks like the Reyes/Baptista deal isn't a loan. :eek: :D

Brazilian international Julio Baptista has joined Arsenal from La Liga side Real Madrid for an undisclosed fee, with Gunners forward Jose Antonio Reyes joining the Spanish side in a reverse move.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?...a+moves+to+Arsenal+as+Reyes+joins+Real+Madrid

Weebull said:
****ing ****, **** aids **** *****, **** Tweedy ****ing ****.

/G14

:D

Chong Warrior said:
Well I think it's pathetic the way most Arsenal fans talk about Cole, you got a good deal there.... jeez imagine if he'd just run his contract down whilst all the time saying he was going to stay, then jumped ship and went to Chelsea on a free!

Hmm, where've I heard that one before :rolleyes:

All the grief us Spurs fans got about Judas, yet listen to the gooners now and that's just a normal transfer!!!

I think it's a little different tbh. Sol ran his contract down and continued to play. **** has gone behind the clubs back, broken the rules, 'written' a book against the club, and has been 'injured' for virtually the whole season. All after signing a new contract which doubled his wages. Cole was also challenging for the biggest trophy in Club football, something that can't be said of Fat Sol whilst he was at Spurs.

I'd like to wish Cole the best of luck, but i'd be lying. I hope what happened to Robbie Pires, Edu, Vieira, or Petit happens to him too. All better men than that **** Cole can ever dream of being.

Soldato
Rosbif said:
arse wan.... ahem excuse me arsene wenger should be happy now that hes gutted le arsénél of all those horrible english players... long live the republic!

*whistles la marseillaise*

He's still got Walcott and Hoyte to get rid of yet. :p

edit//

I see that West Ham are having 'exploratory discussions' over a possible takeover. That might explain the 2 Argies buys.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/5306356.stm

Last edited:
Man of Honour
vanpeebles said:
the bernard thing shows what a joke newcastle are, he was a great left back good for the club. they wouldnt offer him a decent pay rise to bring into line with the rest of the squad, let him go for pence. then sign fat babayaro for a fortune pay him a kings wages and then bernard comes back after a few years anyway.
Fat Babayaro?

Is that Celestine's cousin or something?

Soldato
The fact we sold off our only two English first-teamers did actually occur to me earlier today, and how we have very few English players left in the squad as a whole. Then I went and made some lunch.

Associate
For all the whining Newcastle fans

Just been talking to a pretty well connected guy and it seems Bernard is a sticking plaster to tide you over till Christmas. Wayne Bridge done deal for Christmas and also Lucas Neill who would've signed yesterday but he couldn't get to St James in time.

Don
Ive been out all day so i don't know if this has been posted but; it looks as if Chelsea have nothing to do with the West Ham signings :eek: (not sure if RA is involved in MSI or not though) from the majority of reports going round, there were no significant offers (well nobody met MSI's valuation) for either player so MSI decided to keep hold of the rights to both players and let them join West Ham on a 1 year deal for £1m each, so that they (MSI) have the opportunity to sell them next season rather than take what offers were there to actually sell them.
And the Lucas Neill deal fell through because Blackburn wanted Warnock and Rafa refused to let him go.

Last edited:
Don
JohnnyG said:
Looks like I was way out with my guesstimation at how much we'd nett during the transfer window BaZ, it's only about £25-30m, not as far out as you were though;)
LOL i guess thats after sales? And are we including the 2 Argies ;) ?
And i make it closer to £40m

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Seems Bernard is a ****

Leeds United are unhappy that Olivier Bernard reneged on a deal to move to Elland Road.

The Championship club were hoping to sign the French full back on a free transfer after he was released by Rangers on Thursday.

Bernard had accepted an offer from The Whites and was waiting to undergo a medical before sealing his switch to the club.

But, on Friday, the 26-year-old clinched a return to former side Newcastle United, leaving Leeds frustrated with the player's decision.

The Whites, while now claiming to be happy Bernard has not signed, are upset that the defender backed out of the move.

"Terms were agreed with the player for him to join Leeds, subject only to him passing a medical," said Whites chief executive Shaun Harvey.

"The player has since reneged on the agreement reached and joined Newcastle United.

"We are both disappointed and relieved, as we would have very much liked Olivier Bernard to strengthen our squad.

"But if he did not want to play for Leeds United it is better to find out now, as we are only interested in players who are fully committed to the club."

Back
Top Bottom