• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Permabanned
It's v v strange that the main AMD players haven't released their own designs yet. Margin that bad do you think?

I think it's odd Sapphire haven't come out the gates with at least info on an upcoming Tr-x or Nitro.
Especially considering they're an AMD only brand

MSI is making one,but it could be a case of them waiting until HBM2 supplies improve. Asus seems to have a very favourable relationship with AMD - for quite a few of their CPU launches they have sampled Asus motherboards.

Have you any links about the MSI one please, So far the only one I've seen is the Asus Strix.

Google shows nothing for MSI Vega bar reference cards. :(

Permabanned
Well it was that comment an MSI rep made about RX Vega needing a decent amount of power made in June and that they were "working on it". That doesn't hint at a reference card but one of their own designs.

Fair enough, I'm currently having an inner fight with myself wanting to wait and see but also wanting to say screw it and then just grab a 1080 to be done with it.

I'm off to bed now so I'll see what tomorrow brings, Probably more of me sat in front of my PC crying into a tub of Haagen-dazs

Oh AMD why hast thou forsaken me? :D

Soldato
I planned to strip down my AIO from my 280x but I had a real teathing problems, had to go to maplins for a HDMI cable (no DVI-D out), and my monitor kept saying no cable connected. Tried testing on virgin media settop box where my PC is at then went elsewhere to test on a digital tuner box. At this point my monitor played dice, but I got a backup monitor (well tv, and clear text did nothing). I am waiting for freesync 2, before I leave 60Hz. I will make sure I get a display port cable either in the box or else.

When I swapped the AIO out for the 56 I got a fan fail single tone (had it monitoring my AIO pump) and the monitor was displaying no signal ofcourse. Did a bios reset (which is quite tricky with my cabling). Going to retest my old monitor (which when plugged into the tv box produced sound), cause text is hella bad on backup and monitor/tv leans forward with no adjust. Its a Samsung syncmaster p2770hd. Maybe if I installed a specific driver it would improve.

Tried driver but got my old benq 60hz working with hdmi cable. Will strip my AIO off 280x today.

Man of Honour
OP

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

EuNNNmA.jpg

Date 29/08/2017, Make Reference Air, bells, Link
Date 29/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Sybra, Link
Date 29/08/2017, Make Reference Air, docsonic, Link
Date 29/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Disjunto, Link
Date 29/08/2017, Make Reference Air, old gamer, Link
Date 29/08/2017, Make Reference Air, FelixB, Link
Date 29/08/2017, Make Reference Air, megatron, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Vega 56.

Associate
Gibbo just confirmed that Vega 56 + 64 stock arrived late yesterday and are now shipping today, should have shipping emails soon.

Soldato
It's v v strange that the main AMD players haven't released their own designs yet. Margin that bad do you think?

asus refused to accept a profit cut with reference design so didn't release any, think this is there way at keeping sales as they have shown their hands right bang on launch- they'll be in a stronger position then others come launch of 3rd party boards

Back
Top Bottom