• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
Anyone who even thinks fan noise may be a problem for them should keep looking at alternatives (or watercooling). Sure, there may historically have been worse cards out there, but it's still pretty much the worst card for noise you can currently buy.

Associate
Anyone who even thinks fan noise may be a problem for them should keep looking at alternatives (or watercooling). Sure, there may historically have been worse cards out there, but it's still pretty much the worst card for noise you can currently buy.
I do agree, if you want plug and play without noise or having to find the right settings to get the best out of the card, then avoid Vega. It's just not the card for you. If you enjoy tweaking and finding the best settings for your card then a V56 is probably the best value buy going...

if you can find one at the right price....

Caporegime

There's no alternative bar waiting on AIB models, and who knows when they're coming or even if they are.
I waited on Fury to drop price, it just went EOL instead. Vega's launch is just as muddy.

Caporegime
I do agree, if you want plug and play without noise or having to find the right settings to get the best out of the card, then avoid Vega. It's just not the card for you. If you enjoy tweaking and finding the best settings for your card then a V56 is probably the best value buy going...

if you can find one at the right price....

V56 currently just doesn't offer good price/performance at all at the moment. The Limited edition V64 at least has aesthetics going for it.

Associate
V56 currently just doesn't offer good price/performance at all at the moment. The Limited edition V64 at least has aesthetics going for it.
I know this is a big IF, but IF you can get one for close to the MSRP, then the value is unbeaten in class. However seeing as price is sky high that's a difficult proposition. I'd keep an eye on all the available outlets (even overseas) and snap up a cheap reference card, then stick a Morpheus 2 on it or that AIO kit.

Associate
There's no alternative bar waiting on AIB models, and who knows when they're coming or even if they are.
I waited on Fury to drop price, it just went EOL instead. Vega's launch is just as muddy.

I'm pretty sure there are lots of alternatives ;)
but I do admit that freesync can be a tie-in.

Caporegime
I know this is a big IF, but IF you can get one for close to the MSRP, then the value is unbeaten in class. However seeing as price is sky high that's a difficult proposition. I'd keep an eye on all the available outlets (even overseas) and snap up a cheap reference card, then stick a Morpheus 2 on it or that AIO kit.

V56's price is too close to refurb/MM 1080 AIB's right now, even at £400 I'd say the same. At £350 I'd probably take one though however.

Caporegime
Yup starting to get really fed up with waiting for AIB models now..... Says it all that we have **** all news and not even gibbo knows anything....

Surely this has to be the worst launch in GPU history?!?!

Sad thing is, when/if AIB models do drop, they will be priced even higher making them even more of a no go :rolleyes:

Vega 56 is absolutely not worth more than £350 and 64 no more than £400/420

Associate
Yup starting to get really fed up with waiting for AIB models now..... Says it all that we have **** all news and not even gibbo knows anything....

Surely this has to be the worst launch in GPU history?!?!

Sad thing is, when/if AIB models do drop, they will be priced even higher making them even more of a no go :rolleyes:

Vega 56 is absolutely not worth more than £350 and 64 no more than £400/420

If you know that it's worth no more than £350, then surely the AIB partners also know that. SO it's pretty easy to see the lack of news/urgency on their part.
Yes, all adds up to a pretty disappointing release.

Soldato
I think in the end the lack of AIBs indicates that the partners don't think they can make any money from it, because the price is just far too high for its performance and position in the market.

Caporegime
If you know that it's worth no more than £350, then surely the AIB partners also know that. SO it's pretty easy to see the lack of news/urgency on their part.
Yes, all adds up to a pretty disappointing release.

Oh of course AIB also know that hence why there is absolutely nothing out and only asus, gigabyte so far have said they got models coming and even then, they seem confused on what to do....

At this stage, AMD would be better just taking the hit and selling these at a loss in order to get market share back (which they desperately need) and then concentrate on navi as no one is buying these vega cards at their current prices and maybe by the time navi releases, they will at least be close to having 50% of the market back.... But unfortunately I think that ship has sailed too as most people saw what vega was like on release and just went with a 10xx series card instead.....

Associate
The prices are so high because someone is paying that much for the cards, might be miners. The Vega cards in my opinion are worth their MSRP but not more than the Nvidia equivalent unless you are tied into freesync like I am. Plus Nvidia would have to have an absolutely blinding card for a low price before I give them any of my money. My 8800 ultra burned out, then I had a 970 with 3.5 GB of ram and an amazing amount of coil whine. While my Nvidia cards failed, my AMD ones are still going strong, 5850 is now just sat on the side but still works, my 290x is great and silent and my Vega is good but not the best overclocker.

I have had a reference 290x and the Vega air cooled cards and the Vega while loud isn't as annoying as the 290x. I am running water cooled thought so any card is louder than that.

Associate
most people saw what vega was like on release and just went with a 10xx series card instead.....

Yeah did do that, didn't like the GTX 1080. Mainly down to not having a G-Sync screen. The lack of being able to use variable refresh rate tech was noticeable to me. Second gripe was the driver panel seemed lacking in features. Did like how nVidia Boost 3.0 worked. The MSI GTX 1080 EK X was reaching ~1975MHz without me manually OC'ing. F@H performance was good and power efficient as well.

I just purchased a RX VEGA 64 Limited Edition today, hopefully it will net down to ~£475 after I receive cashback/sell games. Yeah will burn more power than GTX 1080, but will be able to make use of FreeSync and hopefully enjoy driver panel.

Caporegime
The prices are so high because someone is paying that much for the cards, might be miners. The Vega cards in my opinion are worth their MSRP but not more than the Nvidia equivalent unless you are tied into freesync like I am. Plus Nvidia would have to have an absolutely blinding card for a low price before I give them any of my money. My 8800 ultra burned out, then I had a 970 with 3.5 GB of ram and an amazing amount of coil whine. While my Nvidia cards failed, my AMD ones are still going strong, 5850 is now just sat on the side but still works, my 290x is great and silent and my Vega is good but not the best overclocker.

I have had a reference 290x and the Vega air cooled cards and the Vega while loud isn't as annoying as the 290x. I am running water cooled thought so any card is louder than that.

They're not selling, you can literally see the stock of Vega not selling if you check stock counts. In fact one SKU I had in my basket increased in stock size over about a week.

Soldato
They're not selling, you can literally see the stock of Vega not selling if you check stock counts. In fact one SKU I had in my basket increased in stock size over about a week.

Given that today Vega 64 is £80-120 more expensive than the release day, there is going to be stock left.
Prices will fall.

@TrixX yeah. Can see on bay, some selling 3-9 Vega 64s, "lightly used" but the prices are stupid even for new, let alone used on mining to exhaustion.

Caporegime
Given that today Vega 64 is £80-120 more expensive than the release day, there is going to be stock left.
Prices will fall.

I know. It's just people saying it's a stock problems that's causing the pricing. That can't be true when stock is available everywhere lol.

And apparently amd made losses on yh. Card sold at cheaper prices

Back
Top Bottom