• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
What is not working properly for you? Can you explain some more, maybe we can help?
I use a LC bios on my V56 water cooled.

So.. i think its my PSU, its only 700-watt. I just ordered EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200-Watt one that should be delivered on Wednesday. But what whats happening is that after about 2-3 seconds of trying to render any 3D application/Game my system hangs to the point i have to manually power cycle my PC. Im hoping its not the fab quality of my VEGA chip itself and that the new PSU will resolve it, however I am open to any suggestions as ya'll helped me resolve an issue i had prior with this card. Oh and any idea why i don't see the Compute switch like everyone else is seeing in the new AMD driver? Thanks :D

edit: oh i failed to mention Im also running an overclocked Ryzen @ 1.37V 3.9GHz and GTX960 in secondary PCIe

Last edited:
Associate
I'd put that down to driver confusion ?
why run such an old card at the same time ?
pull it try again get rid of NVidia drivers .. ???
amd NVidia don't play well together

Well, I'm a gamer first but i do like to make some extra money so I cryptomine when I'm at work and every little bit helps. The 960GTX is surprisingly a good enough card and i don't think its outdated quite yet. As far as driver confusion i don't think that's the problem because my v64 runs fine playing games and running miners with both cards with C1 (stock)bios and i already tried removing it and DDU everything befor reinstalling AMD's drivers but there is no change of how the v64 behaves when C0 bios is flashed. but thank you for the suggestion :)

Associate
Ok, so now im almost 99.9% positive its my PSU. I after flashing the LC bios I set power level to -25% and Unigine Heave did not crash for like 30 seconds and if i set my power level to -50% it does not crash at all. i guess i will have to wait until i get my new PSU

Soldato
Just been playing the Not a Hero DLC on Resident Evil 7 and fired up the new OSD with the new drivers. Firstly I'm well impressed with getting 150 FPS compared to around the 85 I used to get with my Fury X - that's some performance uplift right there - but I also noticed the RAM being utilised is 10GB! Given the card only has 8GB, is this evidence of HBCC (which is turned on) being utilised?

Soldato
Ok, so now im almost 99.9% positive its my PSU. I after flashing the LC bios I set power level to -25% and Unigine Heave did not crash for like 30 seconds and if i set my power level to -50% it does not crash at all. i guess i will have to wait until i get my new PSU

Are you using the latest Adrenalin drivers? IF you are DDU them and go back to 17.11.1. See if you still get crashes.

Soldato
Sure am, ok i will try that when i get back to the house. Thanks :D

Just curious did that work for you?

I am certain that there is something wrong with the Adrenalin drivers. Because I get the same issues as you with the Adrenalin drivers but everything works perfect using the 17.11 drivers. I ruled out the PSU as I hooked up two PSU's to my system, two 650 watt gold.

Associate

I am certain that there is something wrong with the Adrenalin drivers. Because I get the same issues as you with the Adrenalin drivers but everything works perfect using the 17.11 drivers. I ruled out the PSU as I hooked up two PSU's to my system, two 650 watt gold.

Havent had a chance to try it out yet. Had to play battlefield 1 first and now in middle of house chores:(
I should be done in about an hour, ill definitely will try then. Also, a managed to play battlefield just fine with undervolting and setting my clockspeeds the same as Air V64 with +50% power running C0 BIOS on latest drivers which is more leaning me towards my PSU being the problem

Associate

Just tried it and it does the same exact thing. :(
I hope its the PSU and not the quality of my GPU chip fabrication. just will have to wait until wednesday (well friday when i hook it up) when i get my EVGA 1200 watt PSU

Soldato
Just tried it and it does the same exact thing. :(
I hope its the PSU and not the quality of my GPU chip fabrication. just will have to wait until wednesday (well friday when i hook it up) when i get my EVGA 1200 watt PSU

Damn, thanks for trying, sorry it didn't work you :( Did you run DDU in safe mode before installing 17.11.1 drivers again? If you just roll back the issues persist.

It's just funny that the problem started after update to Adrenalin drivers.

Hope the new PSU solves the problem.

Associate
Damn, thanks for trying, sorry it didn't work you :( Did you run DDU in safe mode before installing 17.11.1 drivers again? If you just roll back the issues persist.

It's just funny that the problem started after update to Adrenalin drivers.

Hope the new PSU solves the problem.

It's all good, i thank your for the suggestion it was worth a try and i hope the new PSU works too as it cost me $300. And yep safe-mode and everything. I actually had better experience with the Adrenaline drivers then any of the 17.11 series, i think the new features are great (better then NVIDIA's Geforce-Experience overlay even) Cudo to AMD. But if i were you i would try running AMD Clean Uninstall Utility tool then DDU and give 17.12.1 Adrenalin a try again

Soldato
It's all good, i thank your for the suggestion it was worth a try and i hope the new PSU works too as it cost me $300. And yep safe-mode and everything. I actually had better experience with the Adrenaline drivers then any of the 17.11 series, i think the new features are great (better then NVIDIA's Geforce-Experience overlay even) Cudo to AMD. But if i were you i would try running AMD Clean Uninstall Utility tool then DDU and give 17.12.1 Adrenalin a try again

I have actually tested two Vega cards in two different computers over the past couple of days. They both work fine in 17.11, both have problems with 17.12.1. With one I even went to the trouble of doing a complete reinstall of windows 10.

Associate
I have actually tested two Vega cards in two different computers over the past couple of days. They both work fine in 17.11, both have problems with 17.12.1. With one I even went to the trouble of doing a complete reinstall of windows 10.

Interesting, I wonder why that is. Well, I hope AMD fixes that on the next 17.12.2 release. I wish AMD had better drivers like NVIDIA, I must say I never had so much driver related problems with my gtx1060 on my laptop or my gtx960 on my desctop until I decided to step over to the dark side(AMD). Really wish AMD had drivers as stable as the competition, but I will say they have came a long way from the vega launch drivers

Associate
I really haven't got any particular problems with the Adrenalin drivers, all works as well as it ever has with previous versions and all I ever did was a clean install (no DDU). Unfortunate that some are really having problems with it though.

Back
Top Bottom