• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
One of the biggest performance jumps I have made. from a 290 to VEGA 64 has been a true upgrade thats for sure. Zero disappointment from my 4GB 290 though it lasted me long enough and hold up well at 1440p mixed settings mind you.

Caporegime
Yup, the 64 is a great card at the right price combined with a good Freesync screen to take care of the lows :)

Problem is, I can't see the prices of these dropping much, if at all come nvidia's new cards, even though they will probably get their asses handed to them not just on performance, power efficiency (in return less power, cooler and quieter) but also pricing.... The fact that nvidia cards have been dropping back in price and well to be quite honest, making vega prices look extremely silly now and with no sign of AMD competing back says it all.....

Miners and the cost of HBM will keep them high :(

Soldato
Hey there fella's

Wanted your advice, I rma'd my reference 56 at the beginning of the month and power color are taking their sweet time to send a replacement so I am being offered the option of the power color Red dragon, does anyone know anything about this card?
Will it still be compatible with any EK water blocks, and can you still 64 bios it?

p.s is it any good?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey there fella's

Wanted your advice, I rma'd my reference 56 at the beginning of the month and power color are taking their sweet time to send a replacement so I am being offered the option of the power color Red dragon, does anyone know anything about this card?
Will it still be compatible with any EK water blocks, and can you still 64 bios it?

p.s is it any good?
People have asked about this before, IIRC no blocks yet as it uses a proprietary Nano style PCB (the same one Powercolor have been showing off with a Nano cooler recently), it won'e take a reference 64 BIOS AFAIK but "may" take a red dragon 64 BIOS.

I would assume it performs like a reference 56 just with better cooling.

Soldato
Am just happy I made the jump when they was £470 just below the max £500 I willing to spend on a GPU.

Indeed. I Feel like for £459 launch price, I got one hell of a card.

Now I've the 1080ti 2nd pc build next to my gaming rig using the same freesync monitor, there's no comparison to how incredible gaming is on V64 paired with a freesync screen. Even though obviously the 1080ti is a better card, the gameplay experience feels lumpy even when gaming way above 100fps on it.

It's a bloody great card on water though, should have been better overall but upgrading from that 390 crossfire rubbish to V64 has been a quality upgrade all round.

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed. I Feel like for £459 launch price, I got one hell of a card.

Now I've the 1080ti 2nd pc build next to my gaming rig using the same freesync monitor, there's no comparison to how incredible gaming is on V64 paired with a freesync screen. Even though obviously the 1080ti is a better card, the gameplay experience feels lumpy even when gaming way above 100fps on it.

It's a bloody great card on water though, should have been better overall but upgrading from that 390 crossfire rubbish to V64 has been a quality upgrade all round.

Totally agree. I thought the Vega64 card was great when I had it. Now I have the 1080Ti and I haven't noticed that much of a difference. It looked stunning in the case too :) (mine was the silver limited edition one from Nashathedog)

Soldato
Work mate of mine is pondering making an all AMD rig, He found a 1080 for the same price as a V64 and is having a hard time deciding, What's the verdict ? Do I tell him the V64 may have better long term support etc... ?

Soldato
Work mate of mine is pondering making an all AMD rig, He found a 1080 for the same price as a V64 and is having a hard time deciding, What's the verdict ? Do I tell him the V64 may have better long term support etc... ?

Having owned both (1080 for a year +) I'd say RX hands down. Though if he has a g-sync monitor then obviously GTX

But tbf think he'd be happy with either ! So flip a coin

Back
Top Bottom