• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
So, Vega 64 owners, what monitor have you paired with your card? What are some of the best FreeSync panels to pair with the 64?

im debating between these 2 monitors currently i did want a ultrawide but some are ugly or low hz or wayyy to expensive currently

Samsung LC32HG70QQUXEN
or
Samsung LC34F791WQUXEN

Associate
Bought BF5 yesterday to try on my Vega 64, started downloading it and at 30% you can start playing it, so I fired it up and it looks decent enough, about 5 mins in I got a hard lockup, the screen went black and displayed thousands of coloured pixels and I had to hard reboot to get the pc working again.

When I tried BF5 again it was repairing the install which basically looked like it was trying to download the entire game again so I switched it off out of boredom.

Anyhow I'm guessing the crash was probably the GPU, Ive read the game is not too stable on Vega cards? My hbm was at 1045 and 1000mv, that seems perfectly fine for Grim Dawn and FF14 which are the only other games I play. Core is set at 1000 and 1000mv, do you think I may need to increase the HBM voltage a little for BF5 or is it a case of waiting for the game to get fixed or maybe a better driver?

bfv ive done atleast 30 + hours with my vega only time i crashed was when i forgot to remove the 1125 hbm overclock that i was trying test and forgot about ( oopsie)

did you do a full driver install? and uninstall the old one correctly
i have mine on 1000 voltage and running 1100 mhz ,

Associate
For undercoat you can never go wrong by spaying with grey if you plan to paint dark colours or white if you plan to paint bright colours (red, orange). :p

Hahaha that will teach me to write a post on the phone in bad weather while walking the dog, and not proof read it :p

Meant overclock and undervolt

Seen you post on next page in reply to someone else so will try that during the week sometime when I have time.

For benchmarking is firestrike a good bet?

Cheers

Associate
Cool. Didn't recognise any of it!
I use a Cambridge Dacmagic Plus and a pair of Rotel monoblocs, into Mission 751 speakers.
The clarity and clout is really quite something!

I find it upsetting when people have nice rigs for graphics / computing horsepower but they're gaming with on board audio through a "gaming" headset. :( Audio is just as important!

Associate
im debating between these 2 monitors currently i did want a ultrawide but some are ugly or low hz or wayyy to expensive currently

Samsung LC32HG70QQUXEN
or
Samsung LC34F791WQUXEN

I recently bought the Samsung LC32HG70QQUXEN and a Vega 64 and I'm really happy with them both. I'd recommend the chg70, my only fault with it would be that the monitor stand is very inefficient and takes up way too much space behind the monitor, it has a standard vesa mount so I replaced it with a better stand that allows me to put the monitor much closer to the wall.

The actual panel itself is superb, I cant fault it and enabling HDR makes a nice difference in games. I also have an AOC 34" ultrawide and prefer the 32" size.

I'm also pleased to be back on the "red team" I wouldn't consider buying another nvidia card with all their anti-competitive practices and price gouging.

Soldato
Hahaha that will teach me to write a post on the phone in bad weather while walking the dog, and not proof read it :p

Meant overclock and undervolt

Seen you post on next page in reply to someone else so will try that during the week sometime when I have time.

For benchmarking is firestrike a good bet?

Cheers

Firestrike is the best indicator of perf, because it doesn't include Nvidia specific codepath like timespy.

V F

V F

Soldato
I find it upsetting when people have nice rigs for graphics / computing horsepower but they're gaming with on board audio through a "gaming" headset. :( Audio is just as important!

Before it used to be the cheap power supplies. However, it is the reason the gaming audio is a mess for most games except the studios that take pride in their games.

Permabanned
So, Vega 64 owners, what monitor have you paired with your card? What are some of the best FreeSync panels to pair with the 64?

My Ryzen/Vega PC is paired with an Acer 3440x1440 Freesync monitor, It has a 30-75 working range with LFC support, Together they give me an excellent gaming experience.

Hi all, my nitro+ has been running nicely for a week now and just got my ASUS ROG 35 widescreen yesterday which looks fantastic on destiny 2!

So need to start over locking or undercoating. What’s best software to use to check performance now for baseline before tweaking? And what’s the best resource to follow to optimise it as not 100% sure where to start.

Thanks in advance

I use AMD's Radeon Settings Wattman and GPU-Z for monitoring, I don't need anything else, by using these my card is now undervolted, overclocked & quiet under load.

Soldato
That's not really undervolting, it will use a lot of watts especially with +50% power limit.

I have mine running at 1075mv and the HMB2 on 950mv @ 1000mhz.

These are quick settings for most cards to work cutting around 15% power.
After that you know posted before better downvolting settings, but over time are unstable depending drivers and games.

Soldato
These are quick settings for most cards to work cutting around 15% power.
After that you know posted before better downvolting settings, but over time are unstable depending drivers and games.
I think once you have settings that seem stable for benching you should bump up the voltages slightly for real world use. For Vega I went from 950/1000 mV (bench stable) to 975/1025 mV when starting to test games. So far no crashes after maybe 25 hours.

Associate
I think once you have settings that seem stable for benching you should bump up the voltages slightly for real world use. For Vega I went from 950/1000 mV (bench stable) to 975/1025 mV when starting to test games. So far no crashes after maybe 25 hours.
Been doing some low voltage testing with my card the last week (reduce temps for summer) and been stable at 1750/950 and 1100MHz on HBM ("HBM" set to 900mv). Performance has been really good, and not losing much over max settings for something that runs sub-45C under load in most games. With my high voltage settings (1200mv on P7) I'm usually around 55C and 280W compared to 45C and 160W.

Soldato
Been doing some low voltage testing with my card the last week (reduce temps for summer) and been stable at 1750/950 and 1100MHz on HBM ("HBM" set to 900mv). Performance has been really good, and not losing much over max settings for something that runs sub-45C under load in most games. With my high voltage settings (1200mv on P7) I'm usually around 55C and 280W compared to 45C and 160W.
I assume those temps are on water?

Back
Top Bottom