• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ryzen 5 3600 Discussion Thread

Caporegime
noctua nh u12s, I did the blobs of paste over the two dies and that knocked 3c off from a max of 63c running R15.

Good old Noctua, dem is some good temps. i just ran CPU-Z with in 10 thread mode with all my fans spinning 100%, the volts and Mhz do go up the cooler it runs, with 8 threads i managed to get it to under 65c and it was running at 4.1Ghz with 1.39v.

Yes i think given your good temps everything looks normal.

Caporegime
Where are people getting £15 and 'a few quid more' price difference between the 3600 and 3600x? The price difference is £35-40.

there was a generic ebay code. which meant you got 10% or 15% off everything on ebay.

so 10% off something which is £220 means a £22 discount which means it's now £198 bringing it closer to the £189 price of the 3600.

Caporegime
Do the Ryzen 3000 chips come with thermal paste or do you need to buy that separately?

they come with a cooler which has thermal paste already applied to the cooler. so if you are using stock cooling you don't need any. saying that most third party coolers come with thermal paste too. my last 3 coolers have all came with paste.

Soldato
Latest AGESA 1.0.0.3ABBA & my 3600x with x570 Asus TUF - single core max boost has increased from 4105 to 4384, so they've fixed it :D
All core load has increased from 4105 to around 4165.
Volts are auto running a bit high, like 1.46v but I've heard up to 1.5v is ok :eek:

Soldato
This is my findings (copied from the and thread)
I've just done some back to back testing of the Rog strix E ABB and ABBA BIOS updates.

The new ABBA BIOS has idle temps sitting near 40 deg
The old ABB has idle temps sitting at around 30 deg.

Running R20 cinebench both temps hit around 67 deg.

ABBA peak 3980 with an R20 score of 3535
ABB peak 3969 with an R20 score of 3570

The ABB appears to have a lesser temp at idle and a slightly lesser peak frequency. ABB also allows all cores to sleep when the computer isn't doing anything whereas ABBA always has one core sitting around 1500mhz.

Caporegime
Still no ABBA for the MSI Carbon..

MSI are the worst for BIOS updates. My Intel MSI hasn't had an updated BIOS in 2 years and the motherboard is only 3 years old. So they supported it for 1 year. It was there most expensive motherboard too at the time.

My other MSI AMD mobo has only ever had 1 update for 3rd gen ryzen whereas the asus of same age has had at least 4.

I wouldn't buy MSI again based off this experience.

Soldato
MSI are the worst for BIOS updates. My Intel MSI hasn't had an updated BIOS in 2 years and the motherboard is only 3 years old. So they supported it for 1 year. It was there most expensive motherboard too at the time.

My other MSI AMD mobo has only ever had 1 update for 3rd gen ryzen whereas the asus of same age has had at least 4.

I wouldn't buy MSI again based off this experience.

Really, and what Intel Motherboard was that? The most expensive boards from 3 years ago were the Z170a ones. ASUS release more BIOS updates because they keep having to fix things the previous BIOS updates mess up. MSI release BIOS tend to be more stable. But, you can always get Beta BIOS from the download section of their forums if you want.

Back
Top Bottom