• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ryzen 5 3600 Discussion Thread

Soldato
@Th0nt gotcha :) I will try full blast later today :)

Tried 4.3ghz, but needed 1.375V to get it stable-ish. Got a cinebench R15 run of 1703. R20 crashed halfway. I don't want to go to all-core 1.4V. Just too much for only 100mhz.

4.2 and 1668 in R15 seems reasonable at 1.3V (I will try tuning voltage, and then ram timings later.

Soldato
Welp, already have a R5 3600 sat on my desk ready and just pulled the trigger on:

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX,
Team Group Dark T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz
WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB SSD

Going to reuse my PSU and my 2080ti and hopefully should be up and running on Monday. Kinda giddy now as this will be a huge upgrade for me, Im hoping to get the 3600 bumped up to 4ghz all cores and the Ram to 3600mhz considering its meant to be Samsung B-die

Soldato
Welp, already have a R5 3600 sat on my desk ready and just pulled the trigger on:

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX,
Team Group Dark T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz
WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB SSD

Going to reuse my PSU and my 2080ti and hopefully should be up and running on Monday. Kinda giddy now as this will be a huge upgrade for me, Im hoping to get the 3600 bumped up to 4ghz all cores and the Ram to 3600mhz considering its meant to be Samsung B-die

Wife went similar to you, much less able GPU, but went to 3600, r20 scores of single from 220 to 480ish, multi from 1200 to 3540.
A big spanking improvement.

Soldato
Well parts all arrived so whipped out a spare psu and a spare ****** GPU to test everything. All temp built on the mobo box and working but man im out of touch and ill build it properly over the weekend when i have more time>.<

I really need an idiots guide to overclocking Ryzen and Ram so any help is appreciated

Soldato
Well parts all arrived so whipped out a spare psu and a spare ****** GPU to test everything. All temp built on the mobo box and working but man im out of touch and ill build it properly over the weekend when i have more time>.<

I really need an idiots guide to overclocking Ryzen and Ram so any help is appreciated
Just set pbo to enabled and set xmp/D.O.C.P on the ram and job done.

If you want to manually tune the ram then your best using the ryzen DRAM calculator.

If you want to try an all core OC then set vcore to around 1.3 and start at 4ghz and work your way up.

Soldato
Just set pbo to enabled and set xmp/D.O.C.P on the ram and job done.

If you want to manually tune the ram then your best using the ryzen DRAM calculator.

If you want to try an all core OC then set vcore to around 1.3 and start at 4ghz and work your way up.

The ram was reporting 2400mhz until i overrode that to 3600mhz

Soldato
Is it worth testing my 3600 with Ryzen Master, to see waht the chip will do. Delete Ryzen master and manually set the overclock myself, if I've an idea of what the chip will do?
I understand that is what people do. I'm not sure you can gradually set each ccd and ccx in the bios as can you can in Master. I tried just an all core overclock to 3800 and it didnt even boot. Which is odd, as at stock I seem to get pretty good scores compared to others. Appreciate I'm on a different chip, but its all the same pretty much.

Soldato
I understand that is what people do. I'm not sure you can gradually set each ccd and ccx in the bios as can you can in Master. I tried just an all core overclock to 3800 and it didnt even boot. Which is odd, as at stock I seem to get pretty good scores compared to others. Appreciate I'm on a different chip, but its all the same pretty much.

Set voltage on the CPU core to 1.3V. Try again.

Soldato
im loving the 3600. Coming from such an old system as i did, its nice to allow the 2080 ti to stretch its legs. Squad looks stunning now, Tarkov runs so much smoother. Even just the desktop experience is so much nicer. At some point ill dabble with overclocking but for now im just loving the snappiness of everything

Associate
I've had my 3600 on a b450i gaming plus ac and 1tb nvme. Latest bios but boot to Windows, is 17.9 seconds according to task manager. My old 4790k with a sata, ssd would boot in around 8. Csm is disabled, drive is set as gpt. Had the system for around 8 months new. I'm a little disappointed by it tbh. I think it's an msi issue but would like to know if anyone else has the slow boot post with their ryzen 3rd gen?

Soldato
I've had my 3600 on a b450i gaming plus ac and 1tb nvme. Latest bios but boot to Windows, is 17.9 seconds according to task manager. My old 4790k with a sata, ssd would boot in around 8. Csm is disabled, drive is set as gpt. Had the system for around 8 months new. I'm a little disappointed by it tbh. I think it's an msi issue but would like to know if anyone else has the slow boot post with their ryzen 3rd gen?
Getting around 12 seconds on my b450 tomahawk max which as far as I'm aware is quite good for ryzen 3rd gen, my brother is around 17 seconds on his x570 taichi.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I would advice some carefulness with setting a fixed voltage. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ejgc6p/1325v_is_not_safe_for_zen_2/ <- worth a read.
I have been on 1.275v fixed. So far no issues. But I agree I would not go much higher.

AMD are getting very good at getting the maximum out of their CPU’s. My next cpu I likely will not bother to overclock at all. But in this case I am getting 200MHz on every core extra stable and runs cooler than stock. If the silicon can handle it why not :D

Back
Top Bottom