US: The Strain

Associate
Just caught up on the latest episode (9) and I am quite enjoying the show. Something different and entertaining. There are some moments of idiocy by the characters but seems to be the norm in shows these days.

I enjoyed the bit were Eph(Spelling?) and Nora were burning his ex-wifes boyfriend out the back. "Should we say a few words about him?".
"No."
Harsh but funny.

Soldato
Maybe my expectations are too high for this series but I feel the past 2/3 episodes are a bit of a flop :(.

I'm going to keep watching just because I want to know more about the anti vamp vamps.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I'm going to keep watching just because I want to know more about the anti vamp vamps.

Me too and I like the name AVV :D

They are starting to stretch it out a bit what bugs me

is how the tentacle suckers are so accurate for some but against the main cast they sure miss a lot bring on the AVV pls

Soldato
Considering the first book in the trilogy is nearly 500 pages I'm really surprised so little has happened, particularly when there are only 3 episodes left this series. My guess is that they are trying to do two tv series per book, which is making things drag out a bit and means there is some annoying filler stuff in there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the show still, but some scenes feel really pointless, like Vasili and the hacker girl going to Palmer's offices in this episode. Eph's kid was able to get intermittent wifi at the pawn shop, so why couldn't they just use that? And the only real thing we got out of that whole scene at Palmers is that his security don't agree with what he's doing.

Soldato
Agree with the above. I liked the deaths in the last episode (mouthy stereotype friend of eps wife) but a lot of scenes just don't make sense. I am having to watch the entire episode again just to make sense of the bits involving Palmer's security guys.

Caporegime
I am still enjoying it but recent episodes are a little anti-climatic, nothing really seems to happen. The head vampire looked silly.

Associate
At least security guard guy isn't OK with his old bosses involvement. I was a tad concerned that an assistant was fine with being a part of the potential apocalypse.

Soldato
Considering the first book in the trilogy is nearly 500 pages I'm really surprised so little has happened, particularly when there are only 3 episodes left this series. My guess is that they are trying to do two tv series per book, which is making things drag out a bit and means there is some annoying filler stuff in there.

I sincerely hope this isn't the case there have been bigger watched series that got cancelled :(. I'd hate for this to get done in for being greedy.

Average of 2.1million watchers per episode.

Permabanned
The sooner the vamp SAS make a proper appearance the better. Seeing them at the end of that episode got me all excited... then nothing since lol.

Soldato
This^^ it's bugging me so much :(.

I swear if they don't appear in the next episode I'll stop watching. Lol who am I kidding I'm not going to give up :D.

Soldato
I rewatched the last episode (10) last night and I am curious as to:

Why eps wife was attracted to the (call?) of the Master down in the bowels of that subway station and not other vamps.
Got so sick of some bits of the show that I actually bought the book last night to read on me iPad!

Permabanned
OP
ep 10 was a bit slower than previous episodes imo and prefer the old man and exterminator as characters. That hacker girl is annoying.

I think the wife was attracted to the master because he knows that she is the wife of the CDC guy who is working with the old man to take him out. As was said in previous episode the master selects certain people to be in the upper classes of the infection which allows them to keep their human traits. I assume that she has been/will be selected for this purpose as a way to torment the CDC guy.

Caporegime
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the vamp SWAT team. Typical of shows to dangle something like that and return to it for large parts of the season.

Associate
ep 10 was a bit slower than previous episodes imo and prefer the old man and exterminator as characters. That hacker girl is annoying.

I think the wife was attracted to the master because he knows that she is the wife of the CDC guy who is working with the old man to take him out. As was said in previous episode the master selects certain people to be in the upper classes of the infection which allows them to keep their human traits. I assume that she has been/will be selected for this purpose as a way to torment the CDC guy.

This was my assumption as well. She wasn't attracted any more or less than the other vamps but he was specifically calling her for his use.

Soldato

Yeah, that does make sense. Guess she will try and destablise the 'scooby gang' by messing around with Eph's emotions - knowing the idiot that he is it will work too.

Soldato
The missus and me have started watching this show. At first we were really getting into it and had a good story-line.

But 3 episodes in and it's seems a bit disappointing, the vamps are similar to the ones from Blade 2 and it is getting predictable. :(

Will keep watching to see if anything drastically changes and the story-line improves, but I'm not counting my chickens

Back
Top Bottom