The Tesla Thread

Associate
P+ , Blue, VIN 4914XX , Ordered 1st Aug.

got a email from OctopusEV - expect delivery 20-26th Sept if not sooner.

Sooner the better :)

Did you have to chase Octopus for the delivery date or did they just send it, I ordered my SR+ just over a week after you.

Associate
There's an option to get software updates a bit quicker so search for that and it updated a couple of days after I picked mine up. Not quite the latest as that may be prioritised to Models S/X and the US or something.

I'm back to the UMC charger as my Tesla appears to have killed my Rolec RCBO. I was aware it was drawing ~1kw more than my previous i3 but isn't as easy to limit by default.

I'll consult Rolec to see if the current RCBO is sufficient or if there's an alternative. Should be a straight swap though. Having read about previous Rolec issues I popped the cover off and I don't have any signs of excess heat just limp switches on the front of the RCBO.

I turned on the advanced software switch on Day 1. got the wifi sorted now so just being patient - it does not effect the driving of the car so ill give it a few days.

got 200Wh/mile each way to work today on my 12 mile B road drive. 14c this morning so that's good signs. sentry mode was messed up by the rain so may try that again later in the week.

keeping the wheel covers on for now. will probably do a week on / week off once I'm settled in and see how it compares.

Happy Dan

nam

nam

Soldato
have a look at my thread in this forum for the 5k pricing. unlikely you will get that deal now as the revised pricing from tesla

What was the cost in the end through Octopus EV please? Or just a run down of the whole deal would be helpful before I ask them for a quote. :)

Associate
So the full self driving option is it worth it for uk cars what’s the consensus?
Let’s say you plan on keeping car for 4 years? What about 8 years?

Im going to arrange a test drive in one of these soon but not sure uk regulatory approval will hinder the benefits of this option or if it’s likely other aspects of it might make it worthwhile regardless

Can you guys clarify what the autopilot £5800 option actually covers? Is it the self-driving auto-pilot and also summon, autopark..etc?

Soldato
The car comes with radar cruise, auto steer and anything deemed as safety (e.g. automatic emergency brakes) as standard. It will stay in lane and regulate speed on the basic package. someone will confirm if it does lane changes or not (you’ll need to initiate it using the indicator stalk).

Everything else is extra, not sure how much of it is actually available in the UK though. The order page breaks it down I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can you guys clarify what the autopilot £5800 option actually covers? Is it the self-driving auto-pilot and also summon, autopark..etc?

Auto parking, navigate on autopilot (i.e. change lanes using indicator only), summon (move forward or back - must be within bluetooth range). Don't think I've forgotten anything...

Pick-up my SR+ on Friday (finally!). Getting buyers remorse that I didn't go for the long range though. Insurance is much cheaper (£550) than it was when I ordered (£1,000). Will I last three years with SR+ on lease? Do a 350 mi round trip every 3 weeks... 50 minutes of charging is probably worth the £150 per month saving.

Soldato
Auto parking, navigate on autopilot (i.e. change lanes using indicator only), summon (move forward or back - must be within bluetooth range). Don't think I've forgotten anything...

Pick-up my SR+ on Friday (finally!). Getting buyers remorse that I didn't go for the long range though. Insurance is much cheaper (£550) than it was when I ordered (£1,000). Will I last three years with SR+ on lease? Do a 350 mi round trip every 3 weeks... 50 minutes of charging is probably worth the £150 per month saving.

You'll love it.

Soldato

I know what you mean - part of me thinks I should have gone LR instead of SR+

However when I sat down a few nights ago, I worked out that every client I have that I travel to is within 200 miles round trip. Only twice a year do I tend to go longer trips (manchester airport from ayrshire for summer holiday) and a work meeting in Preston twice a year. Even those trips down the M6, there are lots of options for superchargers and we would normally stop anyway with the kids for a toilet break etc.

Therefore the £9k saving on the list price makes the SR+ better option for me. 90% of my weekly driving is round the town/school runs/gym/shopping/client meeting - all generally way less than 100/150 miles round trips.

I've had my golf gti nearly 3 years and only done 26k.

Sods law however - due my SR+ soon and only ended up in a shunt in my golf on Saturday so my initial quotes for insurance at £450 will go up now as I need to claim to get gti fixed.

Associate
with the batteries and the dual motor i think the difference is over 200kg. maybe not quite 270 but not far off. if you only need the longer range 2-3 times a year the extra charge stop is not difficult.

Soldato
Spent a fortune on odds and sods last night......pending arrival of Model 3.

How's everyone who's had theirs a month or so getting on?

I've bought:
  • Car mats (£45)
  • Frunk rubber mat (£60 from Tesla)
  • Car recovery (£20) (which I've never bought for a new car before...)
  • GAP insurance (£150)
  • Console wrap (£15)
  • Wireless charger (£30) (still unsure on this one)
  • Wheel caps to replace aeros
  • USB stick for TeslaCam
  • Dashcam (£110)
  • Games controller
Will also need some new plates - not decided to stick them on or use the Tesla holder yet.

Soldato
I know what you mean - part of me thinks I should have gone LR instead of SR+

I've been pondering this myself but I've now driven it more and gained confidence in the handling I'm happy for now. I don't need anymore range and only miss the outright acceleration of the other 2 models. Once the SR+ is moving though it's probably a it more nimble in some circumstances. I've certainly decided the extra speed of my RX7 is far outweighed by the awful NVH and running costs.

Back
Top Bottom