The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Not sure, on the SR+ it was an optional extra (or £275 upgrade from the app) but then Tesla announced all model 3s delivered after 01st November would have it activated as standard. The activation has been rolling out and appearing on the app for new owners.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

How do you synch your calendar - I'm struggling to get this to work ....

Oh and my heated rear seats and steering wheel have appeared in the app today after collection on Tuesday :D
Depends if you’re on iOS or Android.

iOS - go to settings > privacy > calendar and make sure the Tesla app has access. It also has to be turned on in the settings of the Tesla app itself.

Soldato
In app

Screenshot-20211211-121436.jpg

And control screen

IMG-20211211-104532.jpg

IMG-20211211-104545.jpg

Associate
We got the text yesterday that the invoice is on our account. Next Saturday morning is collection day! :)

Only one problem though...

A 32 tonne grab lorry got stuck in the mud removing waste soil and had to be chained out with another one. It's given the groundworker a considerable headache. The base is being delivered tomorrow and the groundworker assures us we'll have a temporary useable drive by midweek. Fingers crossed!
20211209-073540.jpg

grab2.jpg

When we ordered the car approx. delivery date was late Feb/early March '22. So when the text for December collection came through and we're in the middle of a garage build.. You can imagine our faces. (Yeh we could delay collection, but according to my better half she thinks it's an early crimble pressie..)

Associate
What’s the sound system like in the 2021 Model 3 LR? Compared to, say, an upgraded sound system in a BMW or Audi? (HK or B&O). I read somewhere that Spotify streams at a low bit rate to the car, does that affect anything?

Soldato
What’s the sound system like in the 2021 Model 3 LR? Compared to, say, an upgraded sound system in a BMW or Audi? (HK or B&O). I read somewhere that Spotify streams at a low bit rate to the car, does that affect anything?

I find the Tesla premium sound system on bar with top tier audio upgrades on the mainstream German brands. I’m no audiophile but just my perception.

Associate
I'm very tempted to order one, but it would mean wiping out a chunk of savings and using all of my xmas bonus. Logically I have no absolute need to change, but I'd really like one. What are Tesla's delivery estimates like, anyone know? M3LR current saying estimated Feb. Just curious how likely that is.

Soldato
Likely I would say. They produce cars early in the quarter and put them on boats from China to the UK which takes about 4 weeks for delivery at the end of the quarter. They don't build to order, they build to projected/actual sales and match you to your combination once its on the boat. If the people ahead of the queue to you don't take delivery within a very small window, you get bumped up the line.

I ordered the RWD on November the 16th, expected it to be March but they matched me to a car and I picked it up on the 6th December. Happy days, I guess those wanting a Blue RWD in the south of England was pretty small.

Order now and you could get lucky, probably not if you order white paint though, that said, I was surprised how many were not white when I picked mine up.

EDIT:

@{SAS}TB how are you getting on with yours?

I saw the video that RSEV put out this week on the new RWD cars and the silly efficiency numbers he was getting. I'm not getting anything like that, too much right foot I guess :D

Associate
OK thanks for the info on delivery - makes sense. I'm away for a week now so will give it some more thought and go over the 'man maths'. Tempted to go for it with the residuals being so strong, and the fact that I'd need to sell (or part-ex) my F40 M135i and thats only likely to keep dropping in value the longer I leave it. Hmm.

Back
Top Bottom