The toy that never was

Commissario
GSXRMovistar said:
Smart I had one of those, in fact I had a fair amount of Zoid stuff, god knows where it all went.

Omnibot 2000 was also on my wish list that never came.

EDIT: Also was there a large Gorilla Zoid? I remember that being pretty cool.

Lord Gord, Zoidzilla's second in command sort of thing, i've got him in the loft somewhere looking a little worse for wear (i've still got most of my zoids).
Kraaaark (the big red pteradactil - one of the Mutent Zoid leaders) is currently watching me from on top of my desk ;)

Soldato
eXSBass said:
I always wanted a huge K'nex set. But I never got one

79305lg.jpg

I remember bugging my mum 3 months before Christmans. Then I never got it
Then I bugged her 3 months before my birthday. But I still never got it

That was one of the very few things i always wanted that I actually got. Can't describe how cool it was unwrapping in years ago :D

It was an awesome k'nex present. Think we sold all old toys and that recently on ebay and car boot sales. Sold the rollercoaster for something £40 :(. Loved k'nex and lego technics :cool:

Can't think of things now that I wanted but most years i'd want (like every kid i suppose) the big thing, and i never usually got it. My birthday isn't long after xmas though and i'd usually spend all xmas and b'day money on the thing i reeeeeeeeally wanted, so it was all good in the end :).

Soldato
Always wanted a Mr Frosty, walked past one in Toys R Us the other day and thought hmmmmm.....:p

Also always wanted a Screwball Scramble and one of those little motorised cars you could ride about in.

^^Red Venom and Manta Force ships were awesome, also recently found out the name of another set of toys I had when I was little - Dino Riders :D

Soldato
Pinter75 said:
This was the holy grail of Technic Lego, I think it is still at the top of the most complicated kits to build.

8480cathu7.jpg

I did drop £80 on a used but boxed 2nd hand one a few months ago - thats one off the list of childhood most wants!

Thats a brute, never seent hat one before, i really fancy getting the latest car that technics do just for a laugh, i was in toys r us a few months ago and they had it and i nearly got it, need a nicely lit glass display cabinet for it when its done me thinks.

Soldato
squiffy said:
nah Star Destroyer is the ultimate Lego kit, and at £400 I would think so!

Big Ass Lego Star Destroyer
I sooo want one of those. :cool:

Werewolf said:
Lord Gord, Zoidzilla's second in command sort of thing, i've got him in the loft somewhere looking a little worse for wear (i've still got most of my zoids).
Kraaaark (the big red pteradactil - one of the Mutent Zoid leaders) is currently watching me from on top of my desk ;)
I've been having a search for Zoid websites trying to identify the ones I had but most seem to only list the newer versions. :(

Commissario
most of the new zoids spit on the rusty graves of the old ones :(

I loved the originals, wasn't overly impressed by the "super" Zoids (larger ones done for around £5-8 as opposed to £3-5), which I think were late second/early third gen (early 90's).

I've stll got the old Zoids annual somewhere with the stories about the "observer" (the last of the race who created the Zoids), the new Zoids stories seem to have completely lost that aspect and are now just kids piloting giant robots :(

Soldato
Werewolf said:
most of the new zoids spit on the rusty graves of the old ones :(
Shame as they were really good kits, had loads of the little wind up ones plus quite a few battery ones.

As with all old toys probably worth a small fortune now, and I'll try not to think about the amount of Star Wars toys I gave away/ruined. :(

Associate
crystaline said:
OMFG

Hoverboards...!!! Wish they were real though :p

I wanted the flying ones so bad. That alone made that BTTF my favourite :)

I hate when they show the Western one over and over at xmas.

I dont really like the last one, the first all the way. Thou i want that coat from the secound 1......

Soldato
Wow what an odd thread.. Memories!. I actually had an Omnibot (I was spoilt!), and a few weeks later I took it apart and got into trouble, and that strange memory has just returned after years and years, very odd. I would have swapped it all for a Mr Frosty though.

Soldato
Pinter75 said:
This was the holy grail of Technic Lego, I think it is still at the top of the most complicated kits to build.

8480cathu7.jpg

I did drop £80 on a used but boxed 2nd hand one a few months ago - thats one off the list of childhood most wants!

It was certainly the most enjoyable of all the technic kits I've built although it's not my favorite model. £80 was a decent price too, they regularly make a ton on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom