The toy that never was

Associate
Le_Petit_Lapin said:
I always wanted a toy oil rig. I dunno why.

I built an oilrig out of Construx

That and a helicopter whose rotors spun at the same time, it was of my own design too. I'm actually tempted to get it out of the attic :D

Toy I most wanted was Manta Force, but I got Red Venom for Christmas so that made up for it.

Does anyone remember Explorers, the multi-wheeled battery powered cars that BHS used to sell?

Associate
Castor said:
Wanted a bmx, got this instead...

grifter.jpg

Looking back, this is infinitely cooler :cool:

I got a Grifter XL, which cames with mud gurads and a transport tray on the back.

The only problem with these was the yellow "slip gear" on the handle bar shifter. I remeber standing up as you do, to get good speed through the gears. Accidentally hit yellow and you came crashing down onto the mid bar - which hurt :(

griftxl6f934a2cx1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Pinter75 said:
I got a Grifter XL, which cames with mud gurads and a ransport tray on the back.

The only problem with these was the yellow "slip gear" on the handle bar shifter. I remeber standing up as you do, to get good speed through the gears. Accidentally hit yellow and you came crashing down onto the mid bar - which hurt :(

griftxl6f934a2cx1.jpg

I had that exact same one.

In the end i removed all the crap, sprayed it silver, stuck some Chrome-moly BMX forks on it, some blue tyres, Kashimax Aero saddle and used it as a BMX :D

Then got an Ammaco Freestyler Pro instead. Circa 1983

Associate
i allways wanted a nikko hover craft when i was around 11/12 and never got one there was also a dune buggy by nikko and the drivers head moved when you turned the wheels :( i wanted one

what i did have and was the envy of all my friends

i cant remember the name of the thing it was a light gun in the shape of a space/jet fighter wich you played on the tv it came with a video that was your missions and you would fly throu various terrain and shoot at the enimy there target was a orange blob that would disapeer when you shot at it and if you took hits your pilot would eject it was very mint you could also use 2 against eachother being the only person to have one i would shoot at myself in the mirror :( untill i ejected......

i do know on the video the pilots name was jon wich is my name and made it even more cooler :)

Permabanned
I had:

Castle Greyskull

Big Trak

Raleigh Burner (a BMX with flames on the frame baby !!)

Play doh Barber shop

Vecro Kermit (he hugged ya!!!)

Most of the He-Man figures (and i was in the official fan club;))

Most of the star wars figures but the one i really wanted

The Millenium Falcon, never got it :(, i dont even like star wars that much but it gutted me at the time

Back
Top Bottom