***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I take it you've tried RY4? (my everyday vape)

Yup that was my everyday vape untill i met RY5, previously was using Cloud9's RY4 but thats changed recently and its horrid in comparison to what it was, Titans RY4 from TW is weak and too nutty on most occasions, Ecigwizards is a lottery ive found, sometimes you can get a perfect one, the next one has no flavour at all, as for FSUSA's RY4 i presume thats dark like the RY5?

Soldato
Strangely, I seemed to have settled on the ego-c for now
started on a ego-t, moved to CE4's then bought a bulli-A2T and now after trying the CE5's find that for everyday convenience, the ego-c's are my choice.
I still use the bulli at home, but find it is too variable, but that might be my wick making skills!

Soldato
OP
Strangely, I seemed to have settled on the ego-c for now
started on a ego-t, moved to CE4's then bought a bulli-A2T and now after trying the CE5's find that for everyday convenience, the ego-c's are my choice.
I still use the bulli at home, but find it is too variable, but that might be my wick making skills!

Everyone seems to be into the ego c these days. I'm still happy with my mega DC cartos, but I'm wondering if I should give them a shot. My next purchase is going to be a lavatube I think (when I get some cash to spare anyway), but a new atty would be cheap enough.

Associate
Right guys i need some advice on a subject which i know is more or less personal preference, so here goes
Been vaping FSUSA RY5 for a couple of months and while i like the flavour and everything, the dark liquid is just killing the atomizers and cartos in less than 5 days of use, so im on the hunt for something similar to that but in the more normal "yellow pee" colour lol, Thing is most websites dont have pictures of the actual bottle contents so you cant see the colour of the juice and this could lead to expensive buying in the long run - So anyone got any suggestions for something RY5'sh, or something sweet but not too sweet (i know its the personal preference thing here). Pre-mixed is what im using at the moment aswell.

This might sound strange but have you thought about buying cheaper cartos and just binning them sooner? It was something I was thinking about lately. I can buy 5 boge cartos for less than 20 fags but I run them into the ground and try cleaning. Why do I put up with 'meh' performance because of cost, when really there isn't much?

Associate
Everyone seems to be into the ego c these days. I'm still happy with my mega DC cartos, but I'm wondering if I should give them a shot. My next purchase is going to be a lavatube I think (when I get some cash to spare anyway), but a new atty would be cheap enough.

If you love the Mega Dual Coil, I would wager you will hate the Ego-C, or at least if you're anything like a heavy user. The C gunks up pretty bad, and i've never had a pack of them that didn't have at least one with serious issues when it came to drawing fresh fluid from the cart. The draw is also really tight, which is horrible coming from the Megas.

The Mega Dual Coils are the Nokia 3310s of the vaping world. Does what it says on the tin, works perfectly, no gimmicks and takes a nuclear blast to damage them. £10 for 3 and I bin and replace every month or so. I vape 10ml+ a day, of which about a third goes through these. Best value, no nonsense atomisers around.

Soldato
OP
If you love the Mega Dual Coil, I would wager you will hate the Ego-C, or at least if you're anything like a heavy user. The C gunks up pretty bad, and i've never had a pack of them that didn't have at least one with serious issues when it came to drawing fresh fluid from the cart. The draw is also really tight, which is horrible coming from the Megas.

The Mega Dual Coils are the Nokia 3310s of the vaping world. Does what it says on the tin, works perfectly, no gimmicks and takes a nuclear blast to damage them. £10 for 3 and I bin and replace every month or so. I vape 10ml+ a day, of which about a third goes through these. Best value, no nonsense atomisers around.

Well they don't sound so great, why is everyone using them? Good to know my dc cartos aren't antiques yet, I'll stick with them and see if they're any good on a VV device.

Associate

Don't forget Dev, Dual Coils will only fire at 3.7 on a Lavatube regardless of the voltage GrimGreen did a video about it. Also LR stuff fires at 3.7 aswell its got to be SR/HR attys and SR/HR single coil cartos.

Get a chrome LT, on my black one the plastic end cap has snapped off and the plastic top cap has cracked, still vapes like a boss though but beware of the plastic bits

Soldato
OP
Don't forget Dev, Dual Coils will only fire at 3.7 on a Lavatube regardless of the voltage GrimGreen did a video about it. Also LR stuff fires at 3.7 aswell its got to be SR/HR attys and SR/HR single coil cartos.

Get a chrome LT, on my black one the plastic end cap has snapped off and the plastic top cap has cracked, still vapes like a boss though but beware of the plastic bits

Ah, I knew that lr atties would hit the current limit, but I thought dual coils were alright (wasnt sure what resistance the coils were). Hmmmmm, that's tricky then. What do most people use with a lavatube then? No point getting a VV just to vape at the same voltage. But if I have to go to an inferior atty it might negate the benefits.

Soldato
Ah, I knew that lr atties would hit the current limit, but I thought dual coils were alright (wasnt sure what resistance the coils were). Hmmmmm, that's tricky then. What do most people use with a lavatube then? No point getting a VV just to vape at the same voltage. But if I have to go to an inferior atty it might negate the benefits.

When I first got my LT I used the HV atty that came with it but now I just use my LR 1.5 Cisco 306.

I get what you're saying about no point in having a HV device and not taking advantage but theoretically vaping an LR at 3.7v should emulate vaping a HR at 6v. I don't think there's a massive difference really (well a HR 510 vs an LR 306 that is).

But the advatage I'm getting from the LT is the battery life. I'm a lazy mo fo so it's nice not having to put the battery on charge evry 10 hours. I can get a good three days of solid vaping with my LT and a week if I only use it in the evenings.

Soldato
OP
When I first got my LT I used the HV atty that came with it but now I just use my LR 1.5 Cisco 306.

I get what you're saying about no point in having a HV device and not taking advantage but theoretically vaping an LR at 3.7v should emulate vaping a HR at 6v. I don't think there's a massive difference really (well a HR 510 vs an LR 306 that is).

But the advatage I'm getting from the LT is the battery life. I'm a lazy mo fo so it's nice not having to put the battery on charge evry 10 hours. I can get a good three days of solid vaping with my LT and a week if I only use it in the evenings.

I guess so. I usually get about 2 days from my 900mah batts, but the best vape seems to be right at the start and then it seems to trail off. Makes me think the voltage drops off pretty quickly, so even if I could keep it consistent that'd be an improvement.

Associate
Forgiveness if the answer is already buried here, but has anybody had any problems carrying a PV and juice through airport security? As far as I can tell, so long as the juice is in its original container holding less than 100ml, then we're safe, aye?

Soldato
This might sound strange but have you thought about buying cheaper cartos and just binning them sooner? It was something I was thinking about lately. I can buy 5 boge cartos for less than 20 fags but I run them into the ground and try cleaning. Why do I put up with 'meh' performance because of cost, when really there isn't much?

Yea i did think about that, maybe im expecting them to last too long, currently using one of the dual coil tank systems so the carts are cheap enough as it is, just expected them to last a little longer, but the Ego-C ive got doesnt like dark juices thats for sure, somehow the juice clogs up around the wick and coil thus preventing any juice to hit the coil and you end up flooding them, ive had those little attys last 4 days using RY5, not good when a new strip is quite expensive.

Soldato
OP
Yea i did think about that, maybe im expecting them to last too long, currently using one of the dual coil tank systems so the carts are cheap enough as it is, just expected them to last a little longer, but the Ego-C ive got doesnt like dark juices thats for sure, somehow the juice clogs up around the wick and coil thus preventing any juice to hit the coil and you end up flooding them, ive had those little attys last 4 days using RY5, not good when a new strip is quite expensive.

I've found dark liquids are bad news for most attys. My beloved coffee juice destroys cartos like mad. They do better than 4 days though.

Soldato
Forgiveness if the answer is already buried here, but has anybody had any problems carrying a PV and juice through airport security? As far as I can tell, so long as the juice is in its original container holding less than 100ml, then we're safe, aye?

I went to Spain a couple of weeks ago. I took with me my Lavatube, spare batteries, chargers, spare attys, two small bottles of fruit flavoured juice and 100ml of RY4 in an unmarked bottle all wrapped up in a bag in my suitcase which I checked in.

I took my eGo battery with 306 LR and a drip tip, with a 15ml unmarked bottle of my D.I.Y RY4 and a spare eGo battery with me to the airport.

Put everything in the little tray at security including my unmarked bottle of RY4 and went through the metal detectors no problems.

No issues coming back either.

This was through Gatwick and Reus (Spain).

Associate
I guess so. I usually get about 2 days from my 900mah batts, but the best vape seems to be right at the start and then it seems to trail off. Makes me think the voltage drops off pretty quickly, so even if I could keep it consistent that'd be an improvement.

Couple of points. Dual coil atties are lower res than each coil, I don't understand why so can't explain it. They are designed to be used on ego batteries which normally run from 3.2 to 4.2 (only some of the stranger ones) and they don't tend to run at the 3.7 volts you'll see listed some places.

I've got a version 1 lavatube and dualcoils ain't that great on it. It seems to me like they pulse on it, like the power is going on and off every second. I've not looked into it just my impression.

I was going to give one a try there on both a lavatube and an ego to give you a quick review but I can't find the ego adapter for my lavatube. I seem to remember the ego seemed better somehow but they are real old cartos so likely not the best to test with.

I've mostly been vaping Vivi Novas and boge since lately. Been on a bit of a made mixing spree so been dripping a lot too for flavour testing.

Associate
I've vaped in airports and planes. I just use the all PG (less vapour) and hold in lungs for ages method. Since I mix my own I mix a high strength juice too so I don't want to use it as much. I didn't take any bottled juice in hand luggage just some filled cartos.

I'd suggest not going to the toilet to vape on the plane. I've heard reports that the fire alarms can be set off by vapour. They are much more sensitive than normal domestic ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom