US: The Walking Dead Season 3 (contains spoilers)

Caporegime
If I seen the governor just gunning about 20 of his own un-armed men and women down as well as probably a few kids (remember he got anyone that was capable of holding and firing a weapon to come with them) and knowing that I was most likely going to be next, I would like to think that I would have no problems killing him :p

Soldato
Having just watched it again...the Governor seems to gesture his arm out to the side as if he's about to surrender his weapon before killing the guy...possibly explaining why the governor wasn't shot by him first?

That's going along with my original impression, but remember Andrea...should have killed the Governor but couldn't do it even when she realised he was evil. (The saving everyone stuff she came out with I think that was her trying to justify her own actions which she must have known were wrong).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Having just watched it again...the Govenor seems to gesture his arm out to the side as if he's about to surrender his weapon before killing the guy...possibly explaining why the governor wasn't shot by him first?

That's a very weak defence though, you'd have shot him as he was murdering the 30 plus people, and you'd have to be retarded (The person with the gun) to think a guy as deranged as the Gov was suddenly going to surrender.

Soldato
That's a very weak defence though, you'd have shot him as he was murdering the 30 plus people, and you'd have to be retarded (The person with the gun) to think a guy as deranged as the Gov was suddenly going to surrender.

It's just something I noticed in the scene :rolleyes:

Look his two right hand men hadn't drawn on him, if the guy mowed down the Governor I'm sure he would have been mowed down by Martinez and the other guy.

I think this is the one aspect nobody will agree on, but just to assume someone can also just kill someone if they haven't done it before I feel is a bit naive too.

Caporegime
To think someone can witness a massacre and not do anything is equally as naive.
If we were to dissect it further, there were kids, he'd just lost his son, I'm sure that'd have kick him into gear too.

Like I said previously, we can go back and forth. There's little point.

EDIT : Where the hell did I get 39 from, it's 27.

Last edited:
Soldato
To think someone can witness a massacre and not do anything is equally as naive.

Like I said previously, we can go back and forth. There's little point.

EDIT : Where the hell did I get 39 from, it's 27.

I've only said not everyone would automatically be able to pull the trigger and could easily freeze up.

It would be interesting to see if this is every explained in a commentary or something, I'd like to see how they seen it playing out.

Feel like watching Season 1 all over again now to be honest.

Caporegime
I was hoping this season would pick up after the woeful season 2 but in my opinion it has been just as dull and slow paced. I'm not asking for non stop action, but some of the episodes have just dragged on and on, and just like season 2 there are issues that could be solved within an episode but are instead dragged out through three or four. It's just a bland show now for me, I absolutely loved the first season, and I bought the second season on Blu Ray to rewatch it properly, but now I've totally lost interest.

Soldato
Just watched it decent.

Can anyone tell me what rick says to carol at the end ?

Without spoilers are they following the comics or just doing their own thing?

Caporegime
From what I know of the comics regarding the governor, doing their own thing.

Do you mean Carl? :p He says "they're going to join us"

He doesn't say anything to Carol at the end.

Caporegime
Before what Rick said, Carl asked "what is this?"

EDIT:

a4z2l1rd

:D

Last edited:

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Many things were weaker in this season. We had two filler "budget" episodes, one wasted entirely on Gov chasing Andrea just for her to be written off the show few episodes later. One wasted entirely on Morgan just to not get Morgan back, not get half the weapons, and do nothing within constrains of the plot except tie a loose end from first season with a guest appearance that wasn't important or relevant to anything in this season, perhaps with exception of showing us just how much of a screw up Rick is, as he managed to spend several years wandering aimlessly in circles and getting barely within few miles away from his home town. Both episodes were awful, just pure, uncut filler comparable to the worst days of "Jericho".

As far as "deaths" speculations go, I had a feeling it couldn't be Glenn or Maggie, since both are (forgive jaded description) token network viewership requirements, the only Asian and the only young geek eyecandy, and there are far more useless characters in the show that can be written off for savings. Lori was the most hated lead character for two seasons, so decision to write her off was justified, Andrea's character was misused by the writers to the extent that her series story line just had to be wrapped up. I was surprised they wrote off Milton, but kept Carol. Character which brings absolutely nothing to the show for three seasons. Milton The Scientists and his zombie lab could be just what the show needed for comic relief.

But my problem lies with lack of proper season finale. Which means we will see The Governor, Ceasar and Schupert in season 4. And I don't want to see The Governor, Ceasar and Schupert in season 4. Governors character made no sense for most of the last 6 episodes. He would go from one extreme to another, for no reason, with no explanation. Things were good when he was just psycho keeping his zombiefied daughter for a pet, but later on in the season, nothing about him made sense. When you watch the season back to back you notice how he was sane, insane, intelligent, dumb, merciful, nuts, from one hour to the next. The character is spent. I don't want him to return for another season. I don't care about him, now, that we know he is barking. And darn, the comic book had such a nail chewing end to this season. I know why they didn't take it in that direction, but what a shame about recycling villains.

Caporegime
wtf???

She killed herself, i mean come on!

She had less of a wound than the old man who had his leg chopped off and the guy with a stab wound, this show, stupid sometimes.

Soldato
It was ok.

I get so annoyed at stuff stupid stuff they do like how many pauses Andrea took when she was picking up those pliers. Don't stop trying to pick them up just to talk to him jesus?!?

I think it would be better if they were on the road. Hope next season won't be all about Gov vs. Prison again.

Soldato
wtf???

She killed herself, i mean come on!

She had less of a wound than the old man who had his leg chopped off and the guy with a stab wound, this show, stupid sometimes.

:confused:

She was bitten... The show established very early on that if you get bitten or scratched then you get a very heavy fever, then die and resurrect as a Walker. She was already dead, and so wanted to end things on her own terms rather than suffer and come back as a zombie.

Hershal's leg was a special case - he was bitten at one of his extremities, and had his leg amputated within a minute - before the infection could spread.

the deluded fanboi defence of that utter guff of a season and final episode makes ya toes curl.

Wow - how can you argue against such a well formed and persuasive case? You have me persuaded...

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom