US: **The Walking Dead Season 8 - Contains Spoilers - No future content to be discussed **

Soldato
I'm two episodes behind now. Worth picking this up or is it done?

I've watched it from the beginning and have enjoyed the show so far. That said if I'd have come to it at the start of this season I'd be thinking about not bothering. I don't know what's happened to the writing but certainly in the episodes so far this season they have been a disappointment. They've somehow lost the intensity that the show had and swapped it for poorly enacted firefights with barely believable dialog and set pieces. I'm sticking with it, in the hope that it's a 'blip' from what has on the whole been an entertaining and engaging show.

Caporegime
Just watching the second episode and had to turn it off. That part where the three guys are waiting at the door, guns at the ready and just get wiped out was just ridiculous. :p

Caporegime
The last few seasons it just feels like as if they realised they'd have been all done by season 8 but because of the good ratings decided to stretch it out several series more with a bunch of scenes that just fill time.

Soldato
i've stuck with this through the years but i might have to stop watching - this season is total garbage, its like its made by different people - have there been big changes behind the scenes?

Permabanned
Yeah, they've stretched it out badly. I'd guess it first occurred back in seasons 3/4 with the governor - I think he should've died at the end of season 3 instead of escaping and stretching his story into season 4. Then I remember almost giving up on the show in seasons 4/5 as there was a lot of stretching-out filler there, but I made it through them. Nowadays I don't have as much time, so I watched the first episode this season, was put off and now I'm waiting to binge the season after it ends.

Permabanned
Lol. Did the tank's cannon work? I don't remember. IIRC, the first battle at the prison was lost due to his people being inept and scared, which is partly why he gunned them down later (along with his insanity). For the second prison confrontation with those other people and the tank, I guess it was due to those people backing him based on his lies which were revealed to some extent during the confrontation? Plus poor writing!

Associate
Having just watched episode 3, I think I'm on the verge of being done with TWD now. Just so much stuff that bothers me and it can't keep my attention for it.

Edit: Realise I'm becoming one of 'those' people now :D

Soldato
i've stuck with this through the years but i might have to stop watching - this season is total garbage, its like its made by different people - have there been big changes behind the scenes?

I was thinking the exact same thing, it's like they got rid of the whole production crew, writers, etc and brought in a load of amateurs. In fact it's like they swapped TWD lot out with the FTWD lot. I haven't watched any of the latest FTWD episodes but by all accounts it seems to have picked up a bit so maybe that's exactly what they did.

Soldato
No-one going to mention the loose tiger that knows only to attack people outside of ezekiel's group? :p

Meh... I'm sure if Tigers are bright enough to open a packet of "Frosties" They would be able to sort out the goodies from the baddies without any problems... Yeah, but I thought that.... Maybe baddies taste Greaaaaaaaaat. ;):)

I gave up after 5 minutes of episode 2 series 8. I'm now done with it. Ezekiel is one of the most ridiculous characters next to the devolved crazy "I suddenly have forgotten how to speak correctly" type woman. His inane pep talk speeches are the stuff of massive cringe and sigh creation. It is like whoever wrote the first 6 series(apart from series 2), left and gave up and they then left it to be written by primary school kids. I can't see this ever recovering and I just hope it doesn't go the way of Family Guy and they just keep churning out more tosh in perpetuity. It should end. Now.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
It's not as good as the earlier seasons but still worth watching. The first couple of seasons tackled some real philosophical issues in the midst of a slightly unbelievable zombie takeover, and the characters of Dale and Hershal led on that part of the show.

It seems to be more about the build up now for action that doesn't really deliver.

I was a bit surprised about episode 8.3 and the guest star....kinda pointless...

Caporegime
Yeah, they've stretched it out badly. I'd guess it first occurred back in seasons 3/4 with the governor - I think he should've died at the end of season 3 instead of escaping and stretching his story into season 4. Then I remember almost giving up on the show in seasons 4/5 as there was a lot of stretching-out filler there, but I made it through them. Nowadays I don't have as much time, so I watched the first episode this season, was put off and now I'm waiting to binge the season after it ends.
The governor does disappear and return in the comics, though he is in faaaaaaar worse shape the second time we see him.

Permabanned
^ I need to re-read the comics and catch up, it's been about 2 years since I touched them and probably 5 years since I read the part about the governor. Yeah, I think they should've either killed him off in season 3 or done like in the comics.

It worked OK.

Haha. IIRC, the tank was in season 4, so as said I think they should've handled that differently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom