*** The Windows XP x64 Thread ***

Soldato
They were fine on mine - have you got the x64 ones?

Can't remember whether you had a choice on whether you could get the ones which required the .NET rubbish or the ones without? I've always found the ones without the .NET carp to be much better & faster

Associate
Hi....i'm after drivers for my sound card ( AudioTrak Maya 5.1 MKII PCI Sound Card ) been to thier website..but can't see any 64 bit drivers available, also emailed them but they haven't replied, does anyone know where i can get drivers fot this? or am i going to have to buy another audigy 2 card?

Regards.

Soldato
Does Nero work with this? I've just tried reinstalling Roxio and it wouldn;t even think about installing...

Also what AV and Firewall programs are people using with x64?

Soldato
OP
Ka0ticMind said:
Hi....i'm after drivers for my sound card ( AudioTrak Maya 5.1 MKII PCI Sound Card ) been to thier website..but can't see any 64 bit drivers available, also emailed them but they haven't replied, does anyone know where i can get drivers fot this? or am i going to have to buy another audigy 2 card?

Regards.
No joy here, sorry dude.

James_N said:
im after some canon drivers for my printer (i250) and scanner (LiDE 30)
http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=6090&mode=threaded

Not looking good :/

Soldato
Otacon said:

its not is it. I sent an email to canon asking if they had plans to release any drivers anytime soon, and their response:

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding your Canon product.

In response to your query, be advised that unfortunately no specific Windows 64-bit compatible drivers have been released so far by Canon. We recommend that you check our website regularly for any future updates.

so i put my 32 bit version of xp back on.

Soldato
Any of you guys running 64 on wireless? Looks like I need to buy some new wireless PCI cards, might be a good time to upgrade to something a bit faster than 11mb too :p

I'm currently running Linksys cards and from my quick searching around the various sites I'm not going to get these working on XP 64.

Just need to buy a couple of cards that I know have drivers for XP 64 so if any of you guys know of any that work, please let me know! :)

Soldato
OP
Wireless card drivers were thin on the ground the last time I looked at x64 (which was before the final release).

Whats the model of the card(s)?

Soldato
WMP11 and I'm pretty sure from what I've read there's no plans for Linksys to release 64 bit drivers.

A lack of wireless drivers is currently the only thing stopping me from going to XP 64 :(

So if you know of any wireless adapters that run on XP 64 and I can get hold of easily, let me know! :p

Last edited:
Associate
For all those with squashed frogs (the usb modem by Thompson) the Speedtouch website now has a link for an x64 driver.

Unfortunatly it's got n/a - yet next to it but it's encouraging that they've acknowledged the fact one's on the way.

Associate
my Belkin 802.11G card wouldn't work thru x64, I even rang the freephone number to see what was what, they blatently turned me down and said that they just didn't support x64......currently!
What I did find and remedy from my own snooping around the net was that most generic wireless chipsets including my Belkin ones are made by Ralink, I downloaded there generic drivers and its worked a treat ever since... not a problem...

Might be worth looking into for your Linksys kit.....
http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm is the link I used for my drivers... hope this helps someone... :D

Back
Top Bottom