*** The Windows XP x64 Thread ***

Soldato
Hmmm, was just about to install the trial but I think i'll leave it now... Theres bound to be something thats not going to work.... Ahh well, prob only another year or so till longhorn!

Soldato
ic1male said:
It really does look like we will have to wait until Longhorn before all the big companies get their act together and make x64 drivers/software. Only ATi has done it so far.

Only ATI?
Nvidia have been doing 64bit drivers for over a year for their graphics cards and motherboards!
Via have had 64bit drivers out for about a year now too!
Belkin have 64bit drivers floating around somewhere for a lot of their products ( wireless networking etc).
Onboard sound drivers for most A64 motherboards are easy to come accross!
Most pci soundcards have 64bit drivers (at least beta stage) floating around the net.

They're all there, all you need to do is look. In fact, I think ATI were one of the last to jump on the 64bit band wagon. Their first release (which was beta) only came out about 2 or 3 months ago :rolleyes:

Faz

Faz

Associate
Right are you chaps just running the 64 bit version or are you dual booting?

If I install the x64 version on a seperate drive to my 32bit version will it give me the option which os to boot?

Cheers Faz

Associate
I installed Windows xp pro 32 on my 2nd hdd after x64 when istalled gave me a kernal error after boot screen, tried booting back into x64 and there was a boot file problem. I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING THE TWO TOGETHER unless you have a special program to do it. If you have already and lost window put ** 64 disk in boot from it, choose to install window then choose repair
fixes it all

Associate
Dual booting works very well. However, after getting most of the stuff I need I deleted my 32-bit XP last month. Install 32-bit XP first, then 64-bit XP

Faz

Faz

Associate
bezzer2403 said:
I installed 64 bit xp on a seperate drive. All i need to do is press F8 during post and i can select which drive to boot from ( IDE for xp64 or SATA for xp32 )

Thats what I was hoping for, Cheers

Soldato
Works fine for me. Haven't come across a program that doesn't work that keeps me awake at night. So AVG and Sygate don't work, boo hoo I'm devistated.... Found much better alternatives anyway!

Soldato
Bluemike said:
sound like a waste of time having it at the mo if all programs dont work on it right

whats the point in have a different windows if ya going to have probs

Oh please. We dont need comments like that.

Soldato
Shut up. So some of your games don't work. Some of us have lifes that don't revolve around just games. And if you have read all of this thread you would have read that some people are having no problems with it. Keep your opinoun to yourself because this thread doesn't need you saying X64 is a waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom