***The Wine Thread***

Associate
Thank you sir.

We use Octavian in Wiltshire and have a lot of wine kept there. You can go through them directly or I can send you our info if helpful. If it's 9 mixed cases though you'd likely be better with a more local solution. Where are you based Chonky as I may be able to suggest someone? Worth asking around friends too. Our electrician has a large spiral cellar and keeps toys in it...
I'd love a spiral cellar but don't have the money :(.
I'm in SW London. I have spoken to Fine + Rare and they appear to be the only company I can find who take wine not bought through them and in mixed cases.

taB

taB

Associate
I'd love a spiral cellar but don't have the money :(.
I'm in SW London. I have spoken to Fine + Rare and they appear to be the only company I can find who take wine not bought through them and in mixed cases.

We certainly don't advertise it as it's a fair bit of logistics faff. If you've got a list of what you want to store to hand though I can have a chat with our guy and see if we could accommodate for you.

Associate
We certainly don't advertise it as it's a fair bit of logistics faff. If you've got a list of what you want to store to hand though I can have a chat with our guy and see if we could accommodate for you.
Didn't post my question and expect such a reply, very kind :). I certainly wouldn't want to put anyone out or take advantage of a service not normally offered. I was interested in other peoples experiences of their wine in another companies hands and them not having immediate direct access to it. If circumstances change for whatever reason and I want my wine back, again I'd be more comfortable doing that to Fine + Rare rather than someone who has done me a great favour in the first place. I think I'm OK with Fine + Rare storing my wine, it's just a new experience for me. Again, thank you for your offer!! Can I ask what you do in the industry?

For anyone who enjoys sparkling wine and is in the South East, Nyetimber have just released tickets for the few open days they do each year. It's certainly worth spending a couple of hours walking around the stunning vineyard, talking to the winemakers, and then sampling some of their wines. Usually discount prices if you want to buy as well. I'm booking tickets :)!

aMb

aMb

Associate
Do you mind me asking who you use to get your wines from Germany? What are the delivery charges like?

I used Vinexus and Vinissimus, delivery was around 10-15 EUR so comparable to buying here online, and even with the poor FX it works out cheaper on some harder to find wines.

That 60 primitivo is cracking! Had one the other day in fact! They do a 62 one as well, which is very very good!

The 62 is a favourite of mine! Have you tried Scout's Honor? Wondering how it compares to Prisoner and picking up one to try.

taB

taB

Associate
Didn't post my question and expect such a reply, very kind :). I certainly wouldn't want to put anyone out or take advantage of a service not normally offered. I was interested in other peoples experiences of their wine in another companies hands and them not having immediate direct access to it. If circumstances change for whatever reason and I want my wine back, again I'd be more comfortable doing that to Fine + Rare rather than someone who has done me a great favour in the first place. I think I'm OK with Fine + Rare storing my wine, it's just a new experience for me. Again, thank you for your offer!! Can I ask what you do in the industry?

For anyone who enjoys sparkling wine and is in the South East, Nyetimber have just released tickets for the few open days they do each year. It's certainly worth spending a couple of hours walking around the stunning vineyard, talking to the winemakers, and then sampling some of their wines. Usually discount prices if you want to buy as well. I'm booking tickets :)!

No worries, happy to help. Fine & Rare are a good outfit so you'll be safe with them.

As for me, mostly I try to drink sell the stuff. Mainly for businesses / events but also work with a few individuals on their stashes.

Nyetimber is very nice to look at and it's good juice. Lots of interesting recent press though like the owner being banned from the Savoy and the former head of sales winning his unfair dismissal case (http://www.thirtyfifty.co.uk/wine-news-detail.asp?id=1601&title=).

Soldato
Thanks to those that recommended some Loire valley wines previously. Got a bottle as a gift and I've had a lovely drop of post dinner Demi Sec Vouvray today.

L0Swqskl.jpg

Around £10 from Waitrose.

Soldato
OP
Odd, it's on the Movenpick CH site but not the DE one. I've picked up some 689, along with a few others!

LUzAgyW.jpg
Nice! That Saldo I thought was average... hoped for more really! Caymus is really nice! Try the Cab if you get the chance too, it's loooovely. I really liked that seven falls as well, thought it was a great bottle for the money and you can't knock the Artemis, but it's not cheap! Seems more like they're going for the classic oaky cab of france feeling, if I remember rightly. Be interested on the Coppola and Rob Mondavi though!

aMb

aMb

Associate
Nice! That Saldo I thought was average... hoped for more really! Caymus is really nice! Try the Cab if you get the chance too, it's loooovely. I really liked that seven falls as well, thought it was a great bottle for the money and you can't knock the Artemis, but it's not cheap! Seems more like they're going for the classic oaky cab of france feeling, if I remember rightly. Be interested on the Coppola and Rob Mondavi though!

I'll report back once I've tried the others, although with the heatwave red wine had taken a back seat! I was close to trying some white wines which I know precious little about, but now it's started to cool down I had 689 yesterday and it's great wine for the price, I think I'll pick up some more. I have a bottle of the Caymus cab somewhere so I'll try that soon as well.

I had a bottle of the 62 last night. Was packing up my basement and consolidating wine into fewer boxes and found 4 bottles so thought, yep, that's being drunk. It's a peach of a bottle.

Couldn't agree more, it's a great wine that I go back to regularly!

Soldato
Yep, really nice. Rich and without being too thick (like Cabalie Black). Flavours all round the mouth and across the tongue. Nomnomnom. Best of all... the missus thinks it's too powerful *fist pump*

Soldato
MBxmAO.jpg

U0Toe4.jpg

I really like sweet wines. I got a couple of little bottles of this to have with a M&S dessert. Quite nice stuff.

Back
Top Bottom