• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Wow, those changes to saturation and that vignette border make such a difference!

I know what I'll be doing when I first play the game (other than setting everything to super low so my 670 doesn't combust :()

If I was you I would set everything to medium then start turning things down till its at a point I could stand.

I would turn shadows off and view distance way down I would think it would be playable then

Associate
If I was you I would set everything to medium then start turning things down till its at a point I could stand.

I would turn shadows off and view distance way down I would think it would be playable then

Yeah, it's going to be tough test for the old girl, that's for sure. I can afford to get a new card and I'e been eyeing up the 970 for a few months now, but I've been procrastinating for too long about it now and I just know that if I buy one on the back of Witcher performance, that in a few weeks when AMD reveal their new offerings the price on the 970 will drop £50. If I wait then they'll probably go up :p

Soldato
Indeed, I always up the contrast on my settings as it gives it more depth along with the reduced saturation.

This is it with the Vignette border also (which I believe we have in-game)

OIBjjeD.jpg

Good point elmarko, Id forgotten about the vignette implementation. Also, your adjustment to the contrast makes it look even better as it emphasises the shadows more.

Soldato
Ay, I find that most games are too garish for my liking - it's got to the stage where my default settings on everything is about -30 saturation :D.

The only thing will be if the dark areas have sufficient lighting (which doesn't rely on a low contrast picture for navigation). Even if the developers messed up a bit regarding the graphics, between personal settings & enhanced textures likely to come (either from them, or the community). I'm fairly confident the game can be got back on track to looking as dark & serious as previously advertised.

High saturation (like in the base game we've seen at the moment) always makes wood & buildings look horrendous & have a slight orange tint.

Associate
I'm 26, just gave myself a moment to realize where we're today.
The Witcher 3 is potentially a dream come true.
Having two juggernauts like Geralt and GTAV on my hard drive it's amazing. Let's never forget how ****ing lucky we are to live (and be gamers) in this life.

Soldato
Nah going to regret this but went for the PC version - my laptop with its 7970M will perhaps melt but I'm due an upgrade soon anyhow. If it runs like poop - I'll move my upgrade plans forward, but if it runs ok ish. I'll cap the frame to 30fps and be done with it for now.

GTA V surprisingly ran ok on my 7970M laptop so you never know. Its pre loading now.

Associate
Amazon.co.uk is finally dispatching the CE according to the official forum, still nothing for me (with the one day delivery that happens around midnight, so nothing alarming yet).

Associate
Just got an email about my CE from Amazon so looking good

"I am sorry to learn that your order (205-9621287-9195558) has not been dispatched yet even though release date is tomorrow. Please accept my apologies for this.

I have checked your order and found that it is entered to dispatch process to be delivered to you as soon as possible.
Also, to become double sure, I am glad to inform you that I have personally contacted to our fulfillment centre and I’ve requested to dispatch your order as soon as possible.

If we can be of further assistance, you can reply directly to this e-mail. If you need to call us, we can be reached on Freephone (within the UK) 0800 496 1081. International customers can reach us on +44 207 084 7911.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon."

Associate
Just had to watch it again:D

Same..... finding it hard not to want to install it now and kick into it tomorrow.

I was going to leave it a couple of weeks, let things settle, see what settings are doing what etc.

I'm into Metro Last Light Redux and FC4 atm, I don't usually run more than two serious games but that trailer..........

Associate
Just got an email about my CE from Amazon so looking good

"I am sorry to learn that your order (205-9621287-9195558) has not been dispatched yet even though release date is tomorrow. Please accept my apologies for this.

I have checked your order and found that it is entered to dispatch process to be delivered to you as soon as possible.
Also, to become double sure, I am glad to inform you that I have personally contacted to our fulfillment centre and I’ve requested to dispatch your order as soon as possible.

If we can be of further assistance, you can reply directly to this e-mail. If you need to call us, we can be reached on Freephone (within the UK) 0800 496 1081. International customers can reach us on +44 207 084 7911.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon."
Even if they work like slaves (according to some articles), Amazon has a great customer service.

Back
Top Bottom