• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Am I the only one with the usual desk+monitor setup ._. ?

DSC_0166.jpg

nope

16812468037_9d7e061776_c.jpg

Soldato
Heres a very quick example of what I mean, same image but with the colour saturation at -45, so almost half its default setting, no other changes made. I think this is what I saw in the old footage, a grittier world compared to some of the game footage recently. Sweetfx or even just the monitor colour will be changed before I sink any time into the game as to me the Witcher world is harsh and unforgiving:

the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-config-file-tweaks-002-on2_zpsihetpwpr.png~original

the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-config-file-tweaks-002-on_zps9k83jhdn.png~original

Soldato
Anyone in this thread, other than slick rick of course, not have a Witcher 3 desktop background?...I know I have!

I have a normal monitor setup, but my TV is right next to it so I will be playing on that.

Associate
Whats up peeps ?!?! Just pre-ordered the witcher 3 and downloading now :) Been reading this forum at work today and someone said it was unlocked in Australia on PS4 or something. So I was wondering if anyone has managed to unlock it or anything on PC before 12.00 tonight via a proxy ? Sorry if this has been asked before but it's hard to scroll through all the butt hurt downgraded graphics loosers ;)

Soldato
Im the same Neoglow. The d65 colour standard doesn't have overblown colours. There more muted and closer to how it would be in real life. That's how I watch my movies and that's how I like my games too. I hate the overly bright unrealistic colours that look like there running on a dynamic mode you get on TV's. With some like the witcher it suits the world much more when it looks less colourfull and more muted.

Had to look up D65 but yeah, totally agree. Colour plays a huge part in the interpretation of an image. Often games dont get it quite right.

Soldato
I use fences so anytime you double click on the desktop it hides all the icons. Double click again and it shows them. Its a good program.

Interesting, I will check that out, Cheers! Just grabbed the trail, looks great. :)

is that the ax802 50? How do you find it? Looking at getting one for the new house.

It is mate. I bought it primarily for the display port and its a nice set. Kinda wish I waited for the 900 series but they were £3500 at release anyway.

But yeah good set on the whole and I am sure you can pick them up for a lot less than what I paid last year. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Capture.jpg

Take your time, only been waiting 11 months.

Lots of people having this issue, myself being one of them. Heres the response they gave me

I've checked your order for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition (PC DVD) and we're still waiting for the following item to be delivered to us by our supplier.
Saying that we still expect to deliver your order by the date listed in Your Account: May 19, 2015.
Please be assured that Amazon orders continue to be processed and delivered in the normal time frame.

Me: So do you have the stock so i will be getting one?

To properly check on stock, we’ll need to carry out a physical check of the item in our Fulfilment Centre. I will contact them for you and request theat someone from our Fulfilment Team checks our inventory of the item.
We will contact you as soon as possible via email with the information.

Sounds like some of us might not be getting a collectors edition... which is very very frustrating

Soldato
Heres a very quick example of what I mean, same image but with the colour saturation at -45, so almost half its default setting, no other changes made. I think this is what I saw in the old footage, a grittier world compared to some of the game footage recently. Sweetfx or even just the monitor colour will be changed before I sink any time into the game as to me the Witcher world is harsh and unforgiving:

the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-config-file-tweaks-002-on2_zpsihetpwpr.png~original

the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-config-file-tweaks-002-on_zps9k83jhdn.png~original

Yeah, that top shot definitely looks a lot better!

Back
Top Bottom