• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Never played the original, couldn't get into 2 but this one is doing it for me. I think being open world is the key for me, though I did get in the river and spent ages trying to work out how to get out but that was me being thick.

Associate
Just installed two MSI 970 and with my I7 4930K at 4.5Ghz I never dip below 60fps. Playing tutorial so far.
Everything on ULTRA and of course Hairworks ON.
1080P
Smooth as silk all the time

Soldato
Ffs. Why can't games do falling right?!... Geralt, Master Witcher toughest character around. Died(yes, actually died) falling about 10 foot, landing on his feet, fully braced:rolleyes:

Associate
I get the occasional freeze in cutscenes forcing me to restart my PC. Playing the game it's fine though. GPU isn't going over 60c same with my cpu. Weird.

Same here.

The screen goes black and eventually (if you leave it long enough) the pc restarts itself. It doesn't happen during demanding parts of the game, just when it switches to/from video cutscenes.

My first thought was to check the nvidia forums... and... are they always that unhelpful... ?

Apparently everyone experiencing this issue is a fool with defective hardware and only yourself to blame for having a factory oc card (which are the only kind of 970 you can buy afaik?) or a dirty computer etc etc

Soldato
Working great for me.

I'm running on a gtx 770 with everything on ultra except for foliage density, distance, shadows (All on high) and hairworks.

Getting nice smooth gameplay (was not expecting that).

Installed a customer sweetfx myself. really like how it looks.

WqFixPA.jpg

Soldato
Working great for me.

I'm running on a gtx 770 with everything on ultra except for foliage density, distance, shadows (All on high) and hairworks.

Getting nice smooth gameplay (was not expecting that).

Installed a customer sweetfx myself. really like how it looks.

WqFixPA.jpg

I dont understand how thats possible.. Ive tried so many combinations of settings on my 780 including going down to 1080p and the game runs like a turd unless i put everything to low at which point it just looks so god awwfull. Tried the latest release driver for witcher 3, tried the gta 5 driver and tried the one before that as well.

What kind of FPS are you getting? Some call 30 smooth, others myself included need a bit more.

Associate
the performance for me is bad even on low, I'm getting good framerates but I seem to have some strange skipping and jumping and it's very off putting, I can literally stand still and see the frame skipping on NPC's walking.

Just loaded up a couple of other games to ensure it wasn't my hardware and they are working fine.

Gutting man because I've really been looking forward to this.

Soldato
the performance for me is bad even on low, I'm getting good framerates but I seem to have some strange skipping and jumping and it's very off putting, I can literally stand still and see the frame skipping on NPC's walking.

Just loaded up a couple of other games to ensure it wasn't my hardware and they are working fine.

Gutting man because I've really been looking forward to this.

What GPU? im getting huge framerate fluctuations on a 7950 with most things low to medium

Back
Top Bottom