• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
How can I stop the control box notification that keeps appearing appearing at the bottom left? Really annoying.

you mean the 'controller scheme/setup has changed' notification box? - i get that every now & then and i'm using a gamepad. No idea why i get that notification since after starting the game with the gamepad i stick with it (i.e. i'm not changing it to keyboard).

Associate
Just been playing this on my laptop. Specced with a Geforce 870m the game is running very nicely on Medium details at 1080p. I could put it higher but the game didnt look massively different so Ive just left it as is.

Its a pretty game. I never seem to quite get as hooked on Witcher games as I would like. I left my control pad at a friends so Im having to use keyboard and mouse, and although mouse look is nice, I hate having to press multiple keys to do things. The control pads are certainly more comfortable for these games imo.

I think we all freaked out thinking the game was gonna look crap, it doesnt look nearly as good as initial previews years ago, but its certainly a good looking game. I think GTA V ruined things for us.

Soldato
I think its more the order 1886 that ruined things for me lol. That game looks like CGI and I can only imagine how glorious an open world game with that engine would look.
The witcher 3 looks great though and the amount of foliage is very impressive. Makes the world feel very alive. GTA V is impressive for what it does but it still looks cartoony.

Im also curious how we use the DLC armour. I guess it wont be available till after the prologue area?

Permabanned
I think its more the order 1886 that ruined things for me lol. That game looks like CGI and I can only imagine how glorious an open world game with that engine would look.
The witcher 3 looks great though and the amount of foliage is very impressive. Makes the world feel very alive. GTA V is impressive for what it does but it still looks cartoony.

Im also curious how we use the DLC armour. I guess it wont be available till after the prologue area?

Pretty sure you have to buy it from the merchant? Sure I saw it there

Associate
The whole actions have consequences thing has screwed me a bit, going to have to go back to an old save oops :D no spoilers but I started on some guys in a tavern after they disturbed my drink now they all try to kill me can't get near the quest objective :p

Soldato
just got my first crash after i updated to latest nvidia drivers :(.

would also like to know how to use the armour its not in my inventory. Just put the ultra preset on turned vsync off and im getting around 60FPS with hairworks off, thought i would have got a lot lower FPS tbh so im quite pleased.

Permabanned
just got my first crash after i updated to latest nvidia drivers :(.

would also like to know how to use the armour its not in my inventory. Just put the ultra preset on turned vsync off and im getting around 60FPS with hairworks off, thought i would have got a lot lower FPS tbh so im quite pleased.

You have to buy it, pretty sure I saw it at the merchants

Soldato
SS-89, I have tried using your preset but I keep getting an error, do you have any ideas what I have (or haven't) done?

I load the game and I get a message in the top left of the screen saying: Compiling effect failed followed by Sweet.fx(231, 35): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'ReShade_Start_Enabled' and Sweet.fx(231,56) error X3000: syntax error: expected ';', expected '{'

Walk me through what you have done and I'll see if there are any glaring mistakes.

Associate
Does anybody know how updates will be released to the DRM free GoG version if we don't use GoG Galaxy?

You just download them from your account on the site. Not sure if it's changed now but you can also get the free DLC by going to the store page and adding it to basket and checkout then they'll be in your account page to download too.

Associate
Just been playing this on my laptop. Specced with a Geforce 870m the game is running very nicely on Medium details at 1080p. I could put it higher but the game didnt look massively different so Ive just left it as is.

Its a pretty game. I never seem to quite get as hooked on Witcher games as I would like. I left my control pad at a friends so Im having to use keyboard and mouse, and although mouse look is nice, I hate having to press multiple keys to do things. The control pads are certainly more comfortable for these games imo.

I think we all freaked out thinking the game was gonna look crap, it doesnt look nearly as good as initial previews years ago, but its certainly a good looking game. I think GTA V ruined things for us.

How well do you think a 960m will handle it at 1080p?

Caporegime
I am seriously enjoying this game. Massive playability and apart from the odd making a cuppa and doing my review, I haven't put it down at all. The graphics are getting mentioned a lot and there isn't much difference between low and ultra in truth (especially at 1440P) but it looks damned sweet whatever way you butter it.

Soldato
Saw a tip on Reddit that worked for me for getting out some extra FPS. Just stop and disable the "NVIDIA Streamer Service" service that's probably running as mine was on Automatic. It's the streamer for people using Nvidia SHIELD, which I don't. I normally avoid "Get FPS quick!" tips but this one actually worked, got me about 7 - 10 more FPS. Pretty noticable increase. Here's the Reddit thread if anyone wants to look.

Think I gained a more consistent FPS from this, seems smoother at least.

Soldato
Nice ta, interested to see what power that card bangs out at the lower res.

You weren't far off at all Witcher, Ultra Inc AA in 1080 on a TX:

This game looks much better in motion than it does in screenshots but im pleasantly surprised how good it actually looks. People posting awful compressed youtube screenshots and things and going on about a downgrade. Yeah theres clearly a downgrade but it still looks beautiful and imagine how bad it would run before lol.

Agree'd

Didn't think much to 1886 at all, textures where terrible on outside environments.

Permabanned
You weren't far off at all Witcher, Ultra Inc AA in 1080 on a TX:

Wow that is some serious FPS all maxed out LOL very nice. BTW you know you can turn that tool tip off on the bottom right? The one that tells you about the horse. If not options-video-hud configuration- Turn off control hints. Only just found it myself it was doing my nut in seeing it over and over. You probs already found it though..... Just me playing with it on for the past 5 hours....

Back
Top Bottom