• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Really pleased with the game, on my system runs at 50-60 fps with everything on high rather than ultra, most of post processing turned on except motion blur and blur, hbao+ enabled and aa enabled but hair works completely off as that canes my fps! playing on hardest difficulty as i remember witcher 2 getting too easy as i lvled up, and i've turned off undiscovered pois and path to objectives on my minimap as dont want my hand completely held! Had no crashes so far and been playing for several hours.

Associate
I dont think I'm as into these RPGs as I thought I was. If its a JRPG or if its a game like Diablo, or WoW then I get hooked, I love simple skill trees, simple itemisation and an easy way to just loot everything.

With the Witcher I find myself getting annoyed at trying to loot certain things, or unlock doors etc. I find getting into the right position very clunky at times.

I played it for an hour tonight then turned it off and started playing Dota. I dunno if its my love for dota that has killed my desire to commit to other games, but I will have to persevere to get into the Witcher.

Shame cos its beautiful and I know there is a good game there.

Soldato
Not too pleased with the performance at all.
Running it @ 1080p on a 16GB 5ghz i7 with a 4GB R9 290 is netting me 30-50fps in the very first village Geralt visits. It feels just too jerky to play comfortably and I may just wait for some 'AMD drivers' instead. At the moment I'm running with motion blur off and most of the settings at medium-high.

Not too impressed with the visuals either, either my memory is very bad or it isn't much of a step up from Witcher 2 from what I've seen at this very early stage.

Soldato
Not too pleased with the performance at all.
Running it @ 1080p on a 16GB 5ghz i7 with a 4GB R9 290 is netting me 30-50fps in the very first village Geralt visits. It feels just too jerky to play comfortably and I may just wait for some 'AMD drivers' instead. At the moment I'm running with motion blur off and most of the settings at medium-high.

Not too impressed with the visuals either, either my memory is very bad or it isn't much of a step up from Witcher 2 from what I've seen at this very early stage.

Yeah me too, does't feel fluid at all and my settings are on high.

Soldato
God this game is incredible. Performance can be abit naff with random stutters here and there but holding 60fps on a mixture of med/high/ultra. Gameplay though... MMMMPH. Once they chuck out a few more drivers and game patches to get it properly optimized it could be the game of the generation for me, even above Bloodborne. Nice challenge too on Blood&Bone.

Soldato
I dont understand how thats possible.. Ive tried so many combinations of settings on my 780 including going down to 1080p and the game runs like a turd unless i put everything to low at which point it just looks so god awwfull. Tried the latest release driver for witcher 3, tried the gta 5 driver and tried the one before that as well.

What kind of FPS are you getting? Some call 30 smooth, others myself included need a bit more.
Getting 42fps with everything on ultra & all post-processing on & sweetfX with the following exceptions.

Hairworks off
Grass density & draw distance high.
Shadows high.
Hardware cursor on.

Using 2500k @ 4.2ghz
Gtx 770 2gb
16gb RAMM
Installed game on SSD.

FPS 42 (MSI afterburner)
GPU Load - 82% at most times.

Got a GTX 970 OC edition due to arrive tomorrow, so should be able to push those up to max.

Last edited:
Caporegime
After another couple of freezes and crashes, I think it's time to put this down until it gets patched.

After all the hype, first impressions are a bit meh. Hopefully I can get into it at a later date.

Same here. Was just getting in to it at the first Tavern as well.

It's freezed up on me 3 times now, which means if I don't remember to save A LOT then it's a horrible slog back through stuff i've already done.

Associate
God this game is incredible. Performance can be abit naff with random stutters here and there but holding 60fps on a mixture of med/high/ultra. Gameplay though... MMMMPH. Once they chuck out a few more drivers and game patches to get it properly optimized it could be the game of the generation for me, even above Bloodborne. Nice challenge too on Blood&Bone.
How far in are you? What do you like so much about it? Do you not find all the dialogue a bit heavy going?

I have only played it for about 4 hours, I am mildly enjoying it, but can't say it is bags if fun. Does it get better?

Associate
Running this game at 1440p with everything on High seems to be too much to ask for my 7970. I don't think I can stomach turning anything down to medium so I guess I'll wait until I get an upgrade.

Soldato
Running this game at 1440p with everything on High seems to be too much to ask for my 7970. I don't think I can stomach turning anything down to medium so I guess I'll wait until I get an upgrade.

Yep I'm running it at 1440p/High with a 280x and I haven't checked my FPS but it feels like it's between 30-50fps the majority of the time, usually around the 40fps mark. Tbh I usually care a lot for performance but so far the game is fun so it hasn't pestered me at much as it should. Might try it out on my 1080p TV tomorrow, see what the performance gains are like.

Back
Top Bottom