• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Can you do me a favor bud? Run it at 1080p and tell me what you get?

I've been toying with getting rid of my 780 for so long, but even the 980 isn't much of an upgrade :(

1920x1080 does around 27 FPS maxed out.

EDIT: turned off hairworks, getting 35FPS now.

EDIT(2): Back to 1440p with hairworks off 22PS.

Last edited:
Associate
OK CTD on Ultra on the first fight, went to high, went passed it then back on Ultra.
Getting 46-60 fps on the way to the Taven?? 1080P (See Sig) On ultra HBO+and Hairworks.
Card boosting to 1522Mhz around 1600GB used 99%GPU
1.37 hrs so far. @ the weekend I am working from home:D
Never had a call on a Sat only one on Sun. Guess what I will be doing:eek:

Associate
Walk me through what you have done and I'll see if there are any glaring mistakes.

Difficult to really say as I followed your instructions. Put the reshade64.dll, reshade.fx and sweetfx.fx files in the x64 folder where the exe is found, renamed the reshade file.

The only thing that is different is that there is no SweetFX_Settings file in the sweetfx folder, instead that file is on its own (the only thing in the sweetfx folder is docs, shaders and textures). I downloaded your preset and changed it to the correct file name and stored it within the sweetfx folder, does it matter where within this folder?

Associate
GOG Galaxy is it poop enough that you cant even pause downloads or am I being blind??

started it off for an hour and now want to what some items on nextflix so stopped and restarted and its gone to 0% again?

Now download screen either...

Caporegime
OK CTD on Ultra on the first fight, went to high, went passed it then back on Ultra.
Getting 46-60 fps on the way to the Taven?? 1080P (See Sig) On ultra HBO+and Hairworks.
Card boosting to 1522Mhz around 1600GB used 99%GPU
1.37 hrs so far. @ the weekend I am working from home:D
Never had a call on a Sat only one on Sun. Guess what I will be doing:eek:

Indeed. Plays really well on my 980 as well. Game turned everything to on and ultra at 1080p automatically and getting 45-60fps everywhere with v sync on.

You can notice when it dips from 60 into the 40s but it isn't too bad. I tried the cap at 30 thing and whilst its consistent, it made me feel sick. :p

Pretty pleased with the performance to be honest and it really does look great.

There was a point where the sun had nearly set and all the effects (dof , light shafts etc) came together to almost mimic those early trailers.

I thinks those graphics are still there somewhere but a lot of the really stunning stuff has been toned down a lot.

Hairworks is brilliant in this though. The Griffin looked amazing and the horse mane looks great as well.

Soldato
Difficult to really say as I followed your instructions. Put the reshade64.dll, reshade.fx and sweetfx.fx files in the x64 folder where the exe is found, renamed the reshade file.

The only thing that is different is that there is no SweetFX_Settings file in the sweetfx folder, instead that file is on its own (the only thing in the sweetfx folder is docs, shaders and textures). I downloaded your preset and changed it to the correct file name and stored it within the sweetfx folder, does it matter where within this folder?

Just to confirm you renamed reshade64.dll and not reshade.fx right?

Doesn't sound right about the sweetfx folder as there should also be global_settings file as well. I'd suggest redownloading the reshade +sweetfx pack from www.reshade.me

Permabanned
GOG Galaxy is it poop enough that you cant even pause downloads or am I being blind??

started it off for an hour and now want to what some items on nextflix so stopped and restarted and its gone to 0% again?

Now download screen either...

Only way to do it right now is to press the red x at the top right, then when you restart it, it will start the download where it left off.

Associate
Indeed. Plays really well on my 980 as well. Game turned everything to on and ultra at 1080p automatically and getting 45-60fps everywhere with v sync on.

You can notice when it dips from 60 into the 40s but it isn't too bad. I tried the cap at 30 thing and whilst its consistent, it made me feel sick. :p

Pretty pleased with the performance to be honest and it really does look great.

There was a point where the sun had nearly set and all the effects (dof , light shafts etc) came together to almost mimic those early trailers.

I thinks those graphics are still there somewhere but a lot of the really stunning stuff has been toned down a lot.

Hairworks is brilliant in this though. The Griffin looked amazing and the horse mane looks great as well.

I am supprised how this game looks good:eek:
I will fine tune it over the weekend as shadows are not important to me.
Also GFE to see what it recomends.
What 980 have you got? & clock speeds?
edit: V-sync is off on mine.

Soldato
Currently finishing up another play through of Witcher 2 so probably won't be installing W3 'til the weekend. I'd be interested to know what vram usage is like though if anyone is monitoring it with afterburner, I'll be playing at 2560 x 1440 on 970 SLI, hopefully mostly maxed but not too bothered about Ubersampling/hair works. Cheers for any info.

Soldato
I get the occasional freeze in cutscenes forcing me to restart my PC. Playing the game it's fine though. GPU isn't going over 60c same with my cpu. Weird.

Soldato
Yeah this is pretty brilliant.

I do find the controls a bit clunky though tbh.

It does look very good, with sweetfx, but honestly I've seen much better water in games a fair bit older. That's the one thing that stands out to me. (along with some distant trees that appear really white and cartoonish).

I'm well and truly in now!

Associate
Just to confirm you renamed reshade64.dll and not reshade.fx right?

Doesn't sound right about the sweetfx folder as there should also be global_settings file as well. I'd suggest redownloading the reshade +sweetfx pack from www.reshade.me

Got it working, thanks :)

Tried redownloading but no luck, changed my unzip software and it worked, the additional folders in the sweetfx folder didn't unzip correctly on the old software for some reason.

Thanks again!

edit: Looks great too, great job :D

Last edited:
Soldato
New drivers but according to someone who has tested still no crossfire working for the witcher. Probably doesn't contain a crossfire profile.

Back
Top Bottom