The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Keep getting stutters despite having 60fps. This is with 1.03 and:

i7 2700k @4.4ghz
8gb ram
AMD 290x
Windows 7 64bit

Still waiting on drivers from AMD, thought this could be it but checked task manager and:

U1dC4OJ.jpg

It is completely maxing out one core and the others are barely doing a thing. Is this causing my stutters and is there nothing I can do? Assuming this is a consequence of dx11 and I will just have to wait for dx12?

Alt tab and set affinity to real cores. It'll spread the load (that's what she said?). I did this for FarCry4. I'll try tonight

Caporegime
I get a weird issue when my monitor turns off, then on again but to the Windows desktop, with the game running still, but it doesn't come back to the screen, so I can here my cursor going over menu options, but only see my Windows desktop :(

Happened twice now

Associate
Finding it pretty hard going - Lack of health being the main issue so far - Combat is pretty tough and food is pretty lame. Determined to not bump it down to normal but I think you should be able to rest to get back to full health at least once a day (night time).

Soldato
For anyone wanting to get the colours in this game looking much better and more like the 2013 version instead of the overly cartoony version now do this.

download the sweet FX from here:

http://cl.ly/1b1i2E3R3F2c

Follow the readme file for the instructions. Its pretty easy.

Go into the SweetFX_settings file and change the Lumasharpen to 0 instead of 1.
Turn off the sharpening feature in the game too as this just adds false sharpening and makes it look awful.

Turn off Chromatic Abberation in the options menu too in game.

Is this still the SweetFX instructions to use?

Permabanned
How is your ram after that patch lads? I think it might have a slight memory leak, went upto almost 6gb used just then which I am sure it didn't before this patch.

Velen is amazing though, so much to do it is unreal.

Caporegime
I get a weird issue when my monitor turns off, then on again but to the Windows desktop, with the game running still, but it doesn't come back to the screen, so I can here my cursor going over menu options, but only see my Windows desktop :(

Happened twice now

Check your event viewer to see if you have any "nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered error" messages.

Soldato
Running miles better on my 290 now compared to before. Panning around results in no stutter and I'm confident I can ramp up the settings on Friday evening when I have a proper play through.

So far I've got to the garrison camp where I have to talk to some French commander bloke who informs Geralt about the Griffin. I admit the game looks stunning even though I'm no where near max settings. Night times in the woods can be scary :eek:

Soldato
I have no idea about this dsr business, but I went my resolution to one up from my native 1920x1080 and I now don't need any aa, and it hasn't impacted performance so far as I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom