The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
These are my settings, getting around 70-80fps on a single 970 and i5 4970k both at stock.
2j1ljcx.jpg
o9i8a9.jpg
1eaw78.jpg
2qm2ayo.jpg
24o62cw.jpg
Couple of screen shots, looks a lot better ingame
27yttgy.jpg
9um43m.jpg

Also i dont know if any people have noticed this but if you find these logs in the wood make sure you loot them. ive got quite a few coins out of them.

2vaay3p.jpg

you could deffo go higher and still get 60fps

Associate
Speaking of which, there's an entire thread on the Nvidia forums and numerous other reports suggesting that their 'Game Ready' drivers nerfed Kepler-based GPUs.

I personally felt my 680 was performing quite well at 30fps with everything on Ultra (except HairWorks Off and foliage distance High) with some headroom in GPU usage, so I'm a little weary about rolling back in case it isn't affecting everyone.

Have a read of this mate:

http://techbuyersguru.com/hotdealsblog/?p=4119

Associate
Looks daft imo, its like the slightest movement causes mad hair rippling like he has a fan blowing at him off screen. And before anyone asks yes that goes for tress fx as well, the movement just seems over the top.

Completely agree, I think the 'normal' hair looks fantastic the physics look a lot more natural than the nvidia floaty hair

Soldato
Just done 2 quests called 'The Shrieker Contract' and 'Swamp Thing'. The game at its best. Absolutely brilliant!

Alos, the haggle system works a lot better when you aren't arguing over the difference between 15 and 20.

Last edited:
Associate
Keep getting stutters despite having 60fps. This is with 1.03 and:

i7 2700k @4.4ghz
8gb ram
AMD 290x
Windows 7 64bit

Still waiting on drivers from AMD, thought this could be it but checked task manager and:

U1dC4OJ.jpg

It is completely maxing out one core and the others are barely doing a thing. Is this causing my stutters and is there nothing I can do? Assuming this is a consequence of dx11 and I will just have to wait for dx12?

Soldato
you could deffo go higher and still get 60fps

i know, ive jsut put DOF back on didnt realise it was off tbh, water doesnt look much different between high and ultra and i dont really see much difference when i push the othwer settings to ultra apart from the foliage visability but its very rare im looking that far ahead so i dont see the need for it

Soldato
Theres another Sweet fx preset people might want to try

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3710/

Its a VGX Trailer/E3 preset that gets the game looking as close to that as possible.

I haven't tried it yet myself but wanted to post it here.

EDIT: Just tried it and don't like it at all everything is too red lol.

Ill stick to my Original one.

Last edited:
Associate
Theres another Sweet fx preset people might want to try

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3710/

Its a VGX Trailer/E3 preset that gets the game looking as close to that as possible.

I haven't tried it yet myself but wanted to post it here.

EDIT: Just tried it and don't like it at all everything is too red lol.

Ill stick to my Original one.

Yea even in those pics it looks red hue everywhere. No Buenos haha

Caporegime
Some parts of the game are stunning looking but a lot of areas look very meh imo, especially the water. GTA 5 has really spoilt me for graphics etc. :(

Overall the game runs ok for me using these settings:

foliage to medium
hairworks, sharpening, chromatic, AA, blur crap are off
ambient occlusion set to SSAO

FPS is 50+ for most of the time and it feels smooth for the most part with a frame latency of about 15 but it has awful stutter every now and then, the frame latency jumps to 35 and at one point it even jumped over 100ms?! :eek:

My CPU usage is shockingly bad though.....

Last edited:
Caporegime
This really is stunning to look at in places.

Plays fantastically well at 1080p on my 980 as well with everything on/ultra + hairworks (which is fantastic, especially on the wolves and monsters etc). Patch has definitely improved performance a bit.

Tried out the high sharpening level but it's too much for me. Looks good set at low. I am glad the blood spatter on water has made it into this patch. Looks great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom